“Outstanding Experience-Highly Recommended!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
“Outstanding Experience-Highly Recommended!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

There is NO WAY that there are 12 other establishments in Eureka Springs(based on Trip Advisor)that rank higher than the Cliff Cottage Inn. Sandra and Carl, and their property, are top notch. The attention to detail, from the time the reservation is made to the time of departure is a very refreshing change by most hotel and B&B standards. The communication from Sandra is beyond compare. She provides you with every conceivable detail regarding your trip, from directions to their fine property, to things to do in the Eureka area, to dining choices for all palates. She and Carl are warm, genuine, and truly enjoy what they do and that is reflected in your experience when you choose to stay at the Cliff Cottage Inn. Sandra is an outstanding cook, and the breakfast that is delivered in the morning by the Elf is to be highly anticipated by those staying in the establishment. The property is within walking distance to downtown and most of the best dining establishments in Eureka Springs. We will stay at the Cliff Cottage Inn the next time we travel to Eureka Springs!!!! Rob and Gari.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We had so much fun with Rob and Gari! They came in on their very fabulous Honda Touring Bike (I moved my jeep out of the carport so they could have undercover parking for it and not have to mess with dew all over it in the morning.) My hubby checked the bike all out and spent the night lusting after a Honda Goldwing and when they checked out, Rob was so kind to explain all the neat details of the bike to us including all the safety features (I'm terrified at the thought of riding one as we hear so many ambulances go through town and it's always a motorcycle accident.) I'm so glad Rob and Gari took time out of their busy schedules to stay with us -- their enthusiasm for life is a real blessing to all they meet!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 16 August 2013

After dating for 4 years and not getting a weekend by ourselves in 3 years, I started telling him last fall that I wanted to go to Eureka. Neither of us had ever been there. I started looking for a place that was on Main Street and had covered parking because we were going on our Harley Davidson. I looked at Cliff Cottage first and sent an email that was promptly answered and not being familiar with a Bed and Breakfast, I kept looking. No matter how many places I contacted I kept wanting to go back here. It was within walking distance to alot of shops, and a few local bars.. I called them back and she was greatful enough to pull her personal car out and give us her parking spot, which was covered. We arrived and she came out to greet us, we had treats and a bottle of wine in our room. The breakfast was delivered to our door on a silver platter and it was absolutely to die for. It rained most the weekend but we had a great time. I looked at the other places I had contacted while we were there and hands down this is the best place to stay. I hope to get back there in the future..

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
So glad you found us, Missy! We enjoyed meeting you and your beloved and it was neat that you could slip in some fun while attending the business conference! And yes, the guests all love our fabulous location!
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. The Bed and Breakfast is nicely placed looking over downtown and a short walk. The staff is willing to go above and beyond to make your stay perfect. The breakfast was exceptional and it was apparent that a lot of time and effort was put into it.

• Stayed August 2013
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thanks, Fred, for the nice review. We always love to have younger couples stay with us because their enthusiasm and joyful spirits just seem to fill the suite and linger long after they have check out. Thanks for being such blithe spirits!
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stay here every year and anytime we can get away from home! Love this place! The breakfast is the best!!!! The goodies and treats put out for snacks are wonderful! It's a get little hideaway for us!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Thomas2322
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
It was a delight to see Tom and his lovely wife Stephanie again and we were honored that they chose our inn to celebrate their 4th anniversary! Congratulations and here's sending hugs for many more fun years together! Keep on dancin'!
sandra
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I came to Eureka Springs for a business trip. Not knowing anything about the town I picked a hotel that I thought would be ok for a few nights. Quickly discovering it was anything but ok I happened upon this B&B by accident, but it was the best experience I have had. The owners Ms. Sandra & Mr. Carl made sure my room was perfect and gave great recommendations about things to do and places to eat! All excellent suggestions. Ms. Sandra makes the BEST breakfast! The location is great to downtown and has an AMAZING out door shower. Will for sure come back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Yippee! Mendy found us! We're so glad she did because we LOVE to have guests from Texas....I guess I remember growing up in California and telling my Dad I wanted to be a cowgirl. He got so tired of hearing it that one Friday (this was back in the early 50s), without warning, he piled the family into the stationwagon and said, "I'm going to show you what life would be like as a cowgirl!" and we drove non-stop to Amarillo, TX where it was dusty and dry and tumbleweed racing across the road and nothing green in sight, no trees, hardly any houses even. We stood in the middle of the dusty highway for 10 minutes looking around and then piled back into the car and drove back home. I never mentioned wanting to be a cowgirl again......(But secretly, deep in my heart, I still want to be a cowgirl so I loved hearing Mendy's southern drawl thinking one day I might be able to have one!)
Kansas City
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were looking for a place to spend the weekend for our 30th anniversary. After checking out some of the reviews for Cliff Cottage, we made reservations, and were not disappointed. We stayed in the Robert Louis Stevenson Suite, located a long flight of stairs from all of the shops. It was decorated very nicely with much thought put into every detail. From the reproductions on the walls to the beautiful bed with lots of pillows, and of course the jacuzzi tub with samples of soaps! They even stocked one bottle of our favorite wine! Breakfast was incredible both days. In some Bed and Breakfasts, you would get the same meal both days if you book for 2 nights. Not the case at Cliff Cottage Inn! It was incredible.. and not your average breakfast fare! Wonderful quiche, smoothies, and much more! The food was delivered with the ring of a bell and we would sit on the porch of our Suite and watch the town. If there was one thing I would change, it would be the parking. Because the Inn is on a hill, parking is difficult. We were assigned a spot on the grass. We would definitely go back.. there is always something that could have been better!

Room Tip: If you can get one of the front suites without someone in the second section, that would be best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
So glad the guests had a romantic anniversary at our inn. Sorry they didn't see the shorter set of just 17 steps down to Main Street which are right in front of the office where they checked in -- but they got to use our "natural stairmaster" which has a few more steps!
Being right downtown, we consider ourselves so VERY lucky to have enough parking spaces on our property for each of our guests so they don't have to drive around and around hunting for non-existent pay parking like so many visitors not staying at our inn. Rather than have asphalt or ugly gravel, we choose to keep the lawn growing for those two parking spaces as it is actually more "environmentally correct", not putting out a lot of heat like you get from asphalt and offering nibble opportunities for the 9 deer living in the woods surrounding our inn. The deer always smile and thank us! :)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Cliff Cottage Inn, The innkeepers are warm and wonderful people with big hearts. They made special accommodations for our 13-year old when others wouldn't. They even made sure that the refrigerator was stocked with Dr. Peppers and there was also a plate of cookies/candies waiting for us. They also packed us a special breakfast for an early morning fishing trip that we had planned. We were celebrating our 19th anniversary and chose to make it a family vacation. They had a special card for us and a chilled bottle of wine waiting as well. The experience was wonderful. I would stay at Cliff Cottage Inn again if we ever visit Eureka Springs in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
The Cliff Cottage Inn elves want to thank this REALLY NICE family for staying with us and for treating their suite with such loving care. When a guest wants to bring a young person, I always say that they would know their child best and if the child would fit into a place with lots of antique knick-knacks and "Victorian clutter" as the parents, I say, wouldn't want to spend precious getaway time "putting everything up." This sweet mom, who booked the stay, told me her son was into reading and a soon-to-be Eagle Scout and that was sure good enough for me. (I've had nightmare experiences with others who have brought a child and when they checked out, the suite looked like a tornado had plowed through it!). Bryce (the 13 year-old) was one of the most polite youngsters I have met in ages and it gave me hope that parents are, after all, teaching their young'uns manners and courtly behavior. Yay to this family!
PS Again, sorry the fish weren't biting but maybe next time, I'll go out real early and sprinkle the lake with fish food so they will all be at the surface when you toss your poles in.