“We will go back many times”

Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages
Ranked #5 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“We will go back many times”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Staff is great! Location is perfect. Food is awesome. Can't wait to go back. This was the best place we have ever stayed at in Eureka Springs. Loved every minute of it. We would recommend staying here to all our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014
Sandra C S, The Elf (owner) at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Wow! You just brightened our day with your wonderful message. We're sooooo glad you two had fun and enjoyed staying with us! We'll be here happily waiting for your next visit .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 August 2014

we found the owners very informative . they knew all the great places to go and places to eat.the accomadations ,exquisite, yet relaxing . breakfast was wonderful home cooked by Sandra & carl our most gracious hostes . we recommend cliff cottage for the most remarkable experince vacation

Room Tip: we recommend Robert lewis Stevenson suiet .plus calling in advance. everybody wants to get into this...
Green Features: # 1 in this category by the city.read about cliff cottage inn-luxury b&b suits in historic cottages environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thanks for your kind words, Marijo. I just want to say how thrilled we were when you mentioned staying here inspired you to get back to your art! This is so very special and if you need any encouragement, please email us or phone us for a "pep talk". We can hardly wait to get the email from you that will say you have your first painting exhibited in a gallery!!!! :)
Sprinhfield, MO
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a pleasure it was to enjoy the hospitality of Sandra and Carl. Perfect in every way from location to amenities and service. Breakfast was not only pleasing to the eye but the combination of flavors was wonderful. There will definitely be repeat stays as the special treatment we received was unbeatable. Hugs Sandra and Carl!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Sandra C S, The Elf (owner) at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We were both thrilled to meet you two fun "characters"! It's always such a treat when guests knock on the door without a reservation and we can find a comfy space for them. Usually, they haven't had time to look on our website so we just cross our fingers they will like the suite. Somehow, it always turns out just right for all! I remember so many times, as an avid reader from about age 6, reading tales of old about opening the door to strangers and inviting them and welcoming them in. In those old tales, if you did, all neat things would happen for everyone...if you didn't, the opposite. In Greek mythology, Apollo used to run around looking like a beggar, knocking on doors and I loved to read Greek mythology as a kid. Thank goodness you two knocked on our door....I got to pretend you were Apollo and friend! :)
Braggs
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Sandra and Carl were both so gracious and hospitable. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The parking looks like it would've posed a problem but we did just fine...we drive a full sized car and had no problem at all. Thank you for opening your home and your stories with us...

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
We had the best time with Sheila because she had spend a lot of time going back and forth to Guatemala where I spent 6 months and we both loved it there! Her hubby was very patient while we shared all our "Guate" stories! We'd love to meet them (if she can convince him to go) in Guatemala! It's always such a treat to connect with a "fellow traveler"!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After just moving to Bentonville Arkansas, from Myrtle Beach, SC, it was time to get away from the new house. Locals said to go to Eureka Springs for a quick weekend get away. I saw on trip advisor this B&B. The video of the BEAUTIFUL INN was fantastic but the BEAUTIFUL GOURMET BREAKFAST SOLD ME! I WAS GOING TO PAY WHATEVER THE COST WAS TO EAT THAT BREAKFAST!!!! I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!!
I have NEVER been a B&B person but this one had privacy and amenities that I like. I did not feel like I was staying in a stranger's guest room.

Not only was the breakfast elegant with homemade smoothies and fresh juice, there were FRESH COOKIES delivered to my room for a MIDNIGHT SNACK, Coca Cola's in the Mini Fridge, and a BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE - ALL COMPLEMENTARY! There was plenty of hot water, nice soap and shampoo, a soft bath robe, a jacuzzi bath in room with a separate WC. There was a note that "The Elf Carl" visited my room and for one brief moment, I was going to check the calendar to see if it was December 25.
If you are at the Home Offices that are in Bentonville or Rogers, Arkansas, the Cliff Cottage Inn has my full recommendation. You may walk to the taverns that are located right there without needing to use your automobile.
Sandra and Carl!!! You have won my heart as your newest patron!
I will make my next appointment as soon as I get back from my next two business trips!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Their webpage has an excellent description of the rooms and the unique ameni...
Green Features: It was obvious that they took great pride in being eco-friendly. They explained the single ply toilet paper very well.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I can't say enough how nice it was to meet this very interesting guest and trade back and forth exciting stories! I amazingly felt I had just met a fellow traveler! I'm so glad you're not miles away and maybe we will have the pleasure of your company again! I'll keep the light burning!
And thanks for all those wonderful comments...it makes being an innkeeper worthwhile!
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We travel to Eureka Springs on a fairly regular basis, staying at different places each time. Recently we stayed at the Cliff Cottage Inn, Sarah Bernhardt Suite to celebrate my husband's birthday. Cliff Cottage Inn is located at the heart of Eureka Springs, within walking distance of all the places we like to visit.

The customer service here is unmatched in our previous excursions to Eureka. Innkeeper Sandra went above and beyond to make my husband's birthday a memorable occasion with a birthday cake that was to die for, birthday card in the room, champagne in the room and snacks too. Add to all that, a breakfast that you can't find this side of Paris, France! Soufflés so light they almost float away, combined with champagne pork that was a culinary delight! We felt like we were sitting at a Café in Paris. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour! It was truly a wonderful experience I had talking for a wee bit with our two guests...esp. since the birthday boy is wanting to become a novelist and I was able to share about my book that is looking for a publisher! What a grand compliment about the soufflees! They are really labor-intensive but occasionally I'm inspired to get up a little bit earlier to do them. And here's to many more happy b'days and we'lllook for that next "Great American Novel" when you get it finished!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Cliff Cottage Inn is very well located to shopping and restaurants! We stayed in the Robert L. Stevenson cottage and enjoyed it very much. The other cottages are equally close and actually larger than the Stevenson, however, I wouldn't trade our experience. The cottage next to ours featured an interesting shower experience located against the cliff wall outside! At first we weren't sure about this but after seeing the beauty of the cottage it has to be an equally enjoyable cottage to stay in. Sandra is one of the most interesting people you'll ever meet and is a wonderfully transparent person; we feel like we have a new friend.

Room Tip: All cottages offer unique features. Review the pictures on line to help you choose.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
It is a real honor when our guests take time out of their precious getaway moments to chat with us...and we are especially delighted when they look on us as "friends". With all the trouble going on around the world, I am so grateful that guests find their way to our happy little inn and bring with them kindness and joyful spirits as these two lovely guests did. It helps to rekindle faith in man/womankind. :)