“Looking Forward to the Next Trip”

Heartstone Inn and Cottages
Ranked #3 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to Eureka Springs, and we could not be happier with our experience. We stayed in the Country Cottage. It was complete with a sleeping area, a spacious bathroom with a shower and whirlpool tub, a small kitchenette, and a cozy sitting area with a flat screen tv and fireplace. The kitchenette is stocked with a Keurig coffee maker and coffee and tea pods. It is also stocked with water glasses, champagne glasses, wine glasses, utensils, etc. The small fridge was great to keep our leftovers in.

The cottage is decorated in a country style, but it is very tastefully and skillfully done, and not at all kitschy. I loved the tall vaulted natural wood ceiling, and the architectural details in the room. It was very cozy, but I still felt the cottage was spacious enough my husband and I could stretch out and not trip over each other. Another perk of the cottage is it has a private porch with a hammock and rocking chairs overlooking a pretty wooded area. My husband and I spent some relaxing hours there. It was also great to have a private entrance. I could see that the rooms in the main building also had private entrances as well, which is a plus because it cuts down on noise, and makes you feel like you don't have to tiptoe in if you come back from dinner late.

The cottage is cooled very efficiently by a window unit. If you require silence keep this in mind as it will make noise. My husband and I actually liked it because we like to sleep with white noise anyway. The room was very clean, and the bed and sheets were very comfortable.

The hotel is situated along a somewhat busy road along the trolley route. I was not bothered by the street noise at all. Most of the action happens in the back of the hotel which faces a beautiful wooded area where you can watch birds and squirrels nibble at the feeders, and occasionally glimpse a grazing deer or two. The layout for the property makes you feel like you are in the middle of nature. Parking is ample and very close to the rooms. In the case of the cottage we could park and be at the door in less than ten steps. The hotel is situated in a great spot close to downtown. Some reviewers say you could walk (only for the avid walker) or take the trolley, but my husband and I have never had issues finding parking downtown over the course of multiple visits to Eureka Springs.

Breakfast was served at nine each morning in the main building in a bright and sunny dining room. Each room had a private table-which I prefer to a communal table, especially when on a romantic trip with my husband. To say the breakfasts were delicious and ample would be an understatement. Amazing. I would come back for the breakfasts alone. Coffee and orange juice was fresh and flowing. I, like many other reviewers, bought the cookbook before I left. I will make every single dish in that cookbook in the coming years. The owners were very kind to work around a food allergy that I have and altered a recipe to accommodate me-be sure to tell them of any dietary issues when you reserve your room so they can plan ahead.

Overall, we came back from this trip feeling pampered and relaxed-which is how you should feel after vacation. Planning to return this fall with my parents. Can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: I can highly recommend the Country Cottage at the Heartstone.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMBN
There are newer reviews for Heartstone Inn and Cottages

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is our second trip to Eureka Springs for the Blues Fest, which is awesome!!!! This year we took 4 other couples and so glad we found the Heartstone Inn. I made the reservations and was nervous because I had not seen the place and since I was taking others I wanted it to be really nice. Everyone loved their rooms, they are beautifully decorated, amazingly clean, and everything we needed was there. I am very sensative to the beds I sleep on the bed we slept on was so comfortable the sheets were sooo dreamy we slept like babies. Rick and Cheri are so nice, the breakfasts were so scrumptious. Their deck is so nice to sit on you will want to just stay there all night, but do visit down town Eureka Springs which is just a walk away, but do wear walking shoes. Eat at the Local Flavor wonderful food!!!!!

Room Tip: They were all great you can not go wrong any room your choose.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The Heartstone Inn is a 1903 Victorian B&B in the very interesting town of Eureka Springs,Arkansas (think Saugatuck,Michigan or a tamped down Carmel, California w/o the water but lots of hills. The rooms are spacious, comfortable with flat screen tv's and jetted tubs. Chris and Cheri, your hosts, knock themselves out to your stay memorable.

Room Tip: The back side rooms offer a close up view of all the birds that come to visit.
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a fun trip to Eureka Springs AR staying for the fifth time at my favorite B&B, The Heartstone Inn. The proprietors Cheri & Rick do such a great job making sure each guest is satisfied and happy. The rooms are attractive, comfortable and clean. All are different so I have choosen a different room each time! The views are a little different too. Check out their website for pictures and details. At breakfast this morning, I met others who come back time after time. By the way breakfast was wonderful. Those individual au gratin potatoes were to die for. In fact the entire meal was delicious. We'll do a return visit for sure

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

From room to inn keeper - it's all we expected and more!
We had the Verandah Room overlooking the patio - it's small, but big in luxury with lux soaps and high thread count sheets. We had the porch outside our room all to ourselves and the room itself was clean, clean clean!
The Inn Keepers were warm and welcoming, friendly, interesting and interested in us, helpful with excellent recommendations of things to do and places to eat. The little touches of home baked midafternoon snacks and lemonade, a bowl of candy in the lobby and extra coffee pods at the ready were a fun bonus!. Breakfast was one of the best we've had in the many B&B's we've stayed at - Crème Brule French Toast, sausage, Hominy Grits, OJ and all-you-can-drink fresh coffee. Heartstone Inn is at the top of our list!

Room Tip: The window A/C is noisy...bring ear plugs and you'll be fine.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Best review I can give is to say we will definitely go back. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and it was the most wonderful place to have stayed. It was a total surprise for my spouse and he was sooo pleased with all. Rested, relaxed and recharged. Could not have asked for a better room, bed, breakfasts, snacks and hosts. Our room was beautiful to the very last detail. It was simply an awesome experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone..

Reviewed 11 May 2013

The Heartstone is a wonderful and beautiful place to stay in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Lovely rooms with attention to decor and amenities -- WiFi, Kuerig coffee maker, bathrobes, DVD player with free DVD's available for viewing, gift shop. Trolley service is available for transportation to downtown Eureka Springs -- $6 for all day on and off with return to Heartstone.

The owners, Rick and Cheri, were very welcoming. The breakfast(s) was delicious. The dining area is conducive to conversation with other guests.

We would recommend The Heartstone to our friends, and we would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple