“Great Place to Stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peabody House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Peabody House
Ranked #21 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great Place to Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at the Peabody House and loved it. The rooms were beautifully decorated and comfortable. The street was quiet and peaceful and located within easy walking distance from the main downtown area. The owner was friendly and extremely knowledgable of the area. We will definately stay there again.

• Liked — The quietness and beautiful room.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kilby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody House in celebration of his 30th birthday. We were fortunate to stay in the private bungalow out back equipped with a deck attached to the bedroom and a jacuzzi tub. The decor was quaint, the bedding comfortable and relaxing, and the amenities were abundant.
We thoroughly enjoyed the peacefullness and tranquility of the weekend. There is beautiful nature that surrounds you and allows you to forget your everyday stresses and just relax. Plus, you're just a walk away from downtown Eureka Springs so dining and shopping are at your fingertips. We had a unforgettable time and look forward to our next trip back.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarketingGuru
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

The Peadody is the PERFECT place for a couple trying to get away from the kids and life. Faryle is wonderful and you are close enough to walk to everything but far enough that you feel away from it all.
Matt
Tulsa

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank bowleruky02
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2008

The Peabody House is definitely our favorite B&B in Eureka Springs. We have stayed there many times over the past few years, always enjoyed our visits, and look forward to our next trip. The innkeeper, Faryl, is friendly and most helpful, providing tips on local restaurants, nightclubs, and the Eureka Springs music scene, plus occasional bits of local "color" and history. We really enjoyed the personal touches, such as the pastries form a local bakery, and the snacks and drinks waiting in the 'fridge when we arrived.

Pat and Karin say, "Check it out!"

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank PandKDallas
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2007

I had called yesterday to inquire on the Tom Sawyer cabin at Lake Lucerne Cottages. Apparently The Peabody House either answers the phone for the location or is the property management group for the cabins.

Regardless, the lady who answered sounded put out that the phone rang and when I announced that I had a question she said, "I have time to answer a quick question, otherwise you can find information on the web" in a rude tone.

Well, because of this rude lady she just missed out on 7 nights of revenue for the Tom Sawyer cabin. $$$$

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michelle J
paddymellon, Owner at Peabody House, responded to this review, 21 April 2008
What a busy weekend this was! I remember this person clearly, because we so rarely get folks that call and cannot understand that we are checking in our guests, and helping guests get settled.

I am very sorry this person perceived me to be rude. I offered to answer a quick question, then referred them to our website, and asked if I could call her back when I was finished helping my guests to make sure this person on the phone had found the information they were needing. I was polite, to the point, as helpful as I could be at that moment, and admittedly I was more concerned with the guests waiting for my attention.

My innkeeping friends have over heard me on obviously difficult customer calls, answering questions very carefully and repeating myself several times with sincere interest in helping the person on the phone - even recommending other inns that might suit the customer better than our lodging. My innkeeping friends laugh, and always say they would have hung up a long time ago. I am patient to a fault.

I am not a management service - there is just me, myself and I in the office, checking in guests, fixing things that need fixing, giving directions, doing laundry - plus two great part time gals who clean and polish cottages and our inn.

I do my best to take care of the guests who are staying with us, making sure their getaway is special and no needs are over-looked. Thank you to all our great guests -

Come and enjoy our little town of Eureka Springs.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody three nights for our 15th anniversary. You can't beat the privacy and the comfort. We had the best time and the room was perfect. The Innkeeper Faryl was great, she booked a massage and was very helpful in picking places to eat and go. The room was very nice and clean and we have great pastries each morning and you couldn't beat the view from our room it was amazing. We will be visiting the Peabody again soon!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kidsmom17
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2007

My wife and I went to Eureka for a short getaway and couldn't have selected a better place to stay. Private, great location and wonderful hospitality. We will be back.

Stayed September 2007