“Peabody House, Dashwood Room”
Review of Peabody House

and 1 more site!
Peabody House
Ranked #21 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I stayed this first weekend of August 2013, we can't recommend this bed and breakfast enough. Our stay was very relaxing and enjoyable. We have stayed in many b&b's and this is one of our favorites. The room was fantastic, the end keeper was very friendly and personable. We would highly recommend staying here to anyone wanting a romantic week end or even just a relaxing get away. You will not be disappointed. Our room was what I consider victorian. It was just walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Hard to say, we didn't see the other rooms, but if they're like the room we were in, you'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in The Dashwood Suite. We fell in love with the room. The bed was so comfortable and amazing. We stayed for two nights celebrating our 15 year anniversary. We opted to just hang out there for our time away from our busy lives. The snacks were good, and we loved the helpful dining suggestions. We will definitely be back to The Peabody!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody in November of 2007 and it was the best bed and breakfast experience ever! Our room (The Dashwood) was private, clean and exquisitely decorated. I especially appreciated the private entrance and front porch. Many mornings I would sit and watch the fog lift from the town below or sit in the evenings listening to the music playing from nearby restaurants. Even though it was just a 5-minute walk down the road, the Peabody seemed to be in a secluded world of its own. I loved that the staff was very sensitive to the fact that we were on our honeymoon-we would wake up every morning to find breakfast discreetly placed outside our front door, and the room was tidied up whenever we went into town. My husband and I took advantage of the video selection downstairs and spent hours lounging in the king-size bed with feather duvet/mattress pad and pillows. We felt like royalty! The Peabody was definitely the best part of our honeymoon. Thanks Farryl, and we hope to be back someday!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Faryl, the inkeeper, was enthusiastic, cheerful, and welcoming from the time we met at check-in to when we checked out. Our room (the Nautilus) was all dark wood, copper accents, and cool, calming earth tones. And the bed...! It was enormous and extraordinarily comfortable: I haven't slept so well in months. From the luxurious robes to the coffee and fresh orange juice and pastry in our nook to the guidance we received about where to eat, we felt more at home at the Peabody than we did in our own home. We will definitely be returning here next time we travel to Eureka Springs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I wanted a special place to stay for our 40th wedding anniversary and we found the Peabody House. It was just that! Great location a block off the main street in downtown Eureka Springs so it was quiet and yet close for walking to the unique shops and eateries. Farryl provides the personal touch and treats each guest as special. Although a full breakfast is not provided, the muffins/banana bread, and snacks in the room were more than enough. For a full breakfast, we walked just down the steps to a great eatery, Mud Street Cafe. The room we stayed in was redecorated with Kilim style decor and was beautiful. it was nice to not be staying in the typical Victorian "foo-foo" (not our style). I would say that it is not handicapped accessible, not a surprise for an 1883-built former boarding house. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cheshire Room (Kilim/world travel decor) on the 3rd Floor so two sets of stairs. Th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Many thanks to Farryl, the owner, for making our vacation to Eureka Springs very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend the Peabody House to anyone looking for a nice, spacious & comfortable room. It was walking distance to the shops & great restaurants in the business district via a staircase. You will do quite a bit of walking, just fyi.
Farryl recommend wonderful places to dine and fun things to do, & did it in an enthusiastic manner. Muffins and coffee cakes were provided each day, & they were delicious. All of the amenities needed were included in the room (coffee, tea, fridge, cokes, dishes, etc) If we ever return to Eureka Springs, I will definitely stay here again. Oh, & the sheets were so comfortable that I’ve already found them online to purchase. Please say hello to Fred for me. ^ . . ^

Room Tip: This room was in the front of the house on the 2nd floor. It included a balcony w/ a couple of chai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I'll try to keep this short, but my enthusiasm for the Peabody and its owner, Faryl, may be hard to contain! This was our third trip to Eureka Springs and our third stay at the Peabody. We would not think of staying anywhere else in town...period! The location alone is stellar (one street removed from Main Street on the quiet side of town) within walking distance of all the great shops, many good restaurants, etc.

We opted for the Dashwood Suite again (2nd time) having stayed in the Cheshire as well, which is quite lovely with its amazing view and natural lighting. We just prefer the Dashwood. Both suites were marvelous before, but you won't believe the renovations! (the Dashwood still isn't complete, but the bedroom is done) It's amazing what fresh paint, new draperies, headboard, bedding, sleek leather chair and an additional wall hanging will do! The overall look is more chic and less frou-frou. You will love both rooms...seriously!! Of course, there's still the private Rivendell Cottage out back and the cozy room downstairs (Nautica).

We've always appreciated all the extra touches: pastries and orange juice each morning, Keurig coffee maker (tea bags also available...easy to heat your water in the room microwave), pop in the room fridge, snacks on the bar, real dishes and utensils (more downstairs if needed), dvd/video player with a decent selection downstairs (we finally got to watch "Argo"), Hometics sound machine on the nightstand, access to the big fridge downstairs for overflow, lots of books in the room and downstairs, and last but not least...the wonderful rockers on the porch overlooking all the action downtown. One can attack and retreat...ha! Seriously, I never tire of the view. You will think you are in Fairyland!

I am to the point with Faryl where I hug her...this gal is so down to earth and caring. She really wants you to have a great experience; and while she doesn't hover (which is much appreciated), she is as close as a phone call and pops in and out throughout the day. I'm happy to report she still is mama to some stray cats who have very comfy digs on the porch. Of course, she has her dog children as well:)

Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay at the Peabody and become part of the happy group who can't wait to get back there again!!

Room Tip: Nautica on first floor is best for those with mobility issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple