“Wonderful experience”

Peabody House
Ranked #21 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Peabody house after checking out early from a local hotel after a bad experience. The only downside was that we didn't find it sooner. This is a wonderful B&B. I can't wait to return. It's an easy walk to the downtown area with all the shops and dining options. We were in the Dashboard Suite. It was so nicely decorated and the bed was wonderful as was the big bathroom with double jetted tub. Very relaxing. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony drinking our morning coffee even though it was raining.

Farral, the innkeeper was very gracious and helpful. She gave us several suggestions for restaurants and other places to visit. On our next visit, we will definitely be staying at the Peabody House.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I stayed this first weekend of August 2013, we can't recommend this bed and breakfast enough. Our stay was very relaxing and enjoyable. We have stayed in many b&b's and this is one of our favorites. The room was fantastic, the end keeper was very friendly and personable. We would highly recommend staying here to anyone wanting a romantic week end or even just a relaxing get away. You will not be disappointed. Our room was what I consider victorian. It was just walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Hard to say, we didn't see the other rooms, but if they're like the room we were in, you'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in The Dashwood Suite. We fell in love with the room. The bed was so comfortable and amazing. We stayed for two nights celebrating our 15 year anniversary. We opted to just hang out there for our time away from our busy lives. The snacks were good, and we loved the helpful dining suggestions. We will definitely be back to The Peabody!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody in November of 2007 and it was the best bed and breakfast experience ever! Our room (The Dashwood) was private, clean and exquisitely decorated. I especially appreciated the private entrance and front porch. Many mornings I would sit and watch the fog lift from the town below or sit in the evenings listening to the music playing from nearby restaurants. Even though it was just a 5-minute walk down the road, the Peabody seemed to be in a secluded world of its own. I loved that the staff was very sensitive to the fact that we were on our honeymoon-we would wake up every morning to find breakfast discreetly placed outside our front door, and the room was tidied up whenever we went into town. My husband and I took advantage of the video selection downstairs and spent hours lounging in the king-size bed with feather duvet/mattress pad and pillows. We felt like royalty! The Peabody was definitely the best part of our honeymoon. Thanks Farryl, and we hope to be back someday!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Faryl, the inkeeper, was enthusiastic, cheerful, and welcoming from the time we met at check-in to when we checked out. Our room (the Nautilus) was all dark wood, copper accents, and cool, calming earth tones. And the bed...! It was enormous and extraordinarily comfortable: I haven't slept so well in months. From the luxurious robes to the coffee and fresh orange juice and pastry in our nook to the guidance we received about where to eat, we felt more at home at the Peabody than we did in our own home. We will definitely be returning here next time we travel to Eureka Springs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I wanted a special place to stay for our 40th wedding anniversary and we found the Peabody House. It was just that! Great location a block off the main street in downtown Eureka Springs so it was quiet and yet close for walking to the unique shops and eateries. Farryl provides the personal touch and treats each guest as special. Although a full breakfast is not provided, the muffins/banana bread, and snacks in the room were more than enough. For a full breakfast, we walked just down the steps to a great eatery, Mud Street Cafe. The room we stayed in was redecorated with Kilim style decor and was beautiful. it was nice to not be staying in the typical Victorian "foo-foo" (not our style). I would say that it is not handicapped accessible, not a surprise for an 1883-built former boarding house. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cheshire Room (Kilim/world travel decor) on the 3rd Floor so two sets of stairs. Th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Many thanks to Farryl, the owner, for making our vacation to Eureka Springs very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend the Peabody House to anyone looking for a nice, spacious & comfortable room. It was walking distance to the shops & great restaurants in the business district via a staircase. You will do quite a bit of walking, just fyi.
Farryl recommend wonderful places to dine and fun things to do, & did it in an enthusiastic manner. Muffins and coffee cakes were provided each day, & they were delicious. All of the amenities needed were included in the room (coffee, tea, fridge, cokes, dishes, etc) If we ever return to Eureka Springs, I will definitely stay here again. Oh, & the sheets were so comfortable that I’ve already found them online to purchase. Please say hello to Fred for me. ^ . . ^

Room Tip: This room was in the front of the house on the 2nd floor. It included a balcony w/ a couple of chai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple