“Great weekend stay”

Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Springfield, Missouri
“Great weekend stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Bill & Libby went out of their way in providing a terrific getaway as we celebrated our wedding anniversary this weekend. Without a doubt, this was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. The room was of vintage decor and well done. In fact, my wife made the bed before leaving. When I asked her why, she said she just couldn't leave the beautiful quilt left in a heap.The bathroom was rather small but again they make up for it in cleanliness. There were plenty of cable channels to choose from and the TV screen a bit small. But we just watched Netflix on my laptop via their wireless internet. Breakfast was terrific and the conversation even better. When we return next year, we'll again book our room at the Scandia.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pglarson

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Bill, Libby and their daughter all provided a wonderful experience. They went out of thier way to make everything just like home. This is not just a place to stay with comfortable rooms reminiscent of my grandmother's house (only nicer), it is a place to relax and meet lovely people. If I have an opportunity to visit Eureka Springs again, this is where I'll stay. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Wonderful cottage, clean, with terrific hosts. Breakfast was an indulgence - waffles with warm syrup and perfectly cooked bacon. Bring a hair dryer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Crimson_Gold
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I am a bit reluctant to recommend this place because, if the word gets out about how wonderful this place is, I may not be able to get a reservation the next time I want a perfect get-away. I cannot gush enough about this charming, elegant bed and breakfast and the kind, fabulous hosts -- Bill and Libby. When we arrived, I was blown away by the beauty of the room. Huge bed and every detail fills you with giddy delight, especially if you love Bed & Breakfasts. Great sheets, great mattress, huge whirlpool tub, soft towels, all the right touches. Words cannot express how relaxing it was so sit on my little porch, drink coffee, and feel the stress of my midtown job melt away. Libby's breakfasts are - no joke - insanely good. I did a little bit of reading on the porch and watched the Deer feeding in the wooded area behind our room. I could go on and on. I was at this B&B for less than four days and I left refreshed, relaxed, and counting the weeks until I could steal away for another long weekend. I love this place. I hope you do too!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JamiesZ06
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 October 2010

At the last minute we decided to make our fall trip to Eureka after all.We knew that lodging would be hard to get at the last minute...but. So I checked the internet and finally made a call to a place we had stayed before. I was informed they had just had a cancellation. So we booked it for 2 nights. The room was ready for us upon arriving early afternoon.Clean. The cleanest place we have ever stayed in Eureka Springs. Many of the lodgings are very old buildings and not always as clean as one may like, but it is over looked because the buildings are just old and only so much can be done. This place is a former road side motor hotel with little cabins in a row. The room, with it's true to the time bathroom was spotless. Not a bit of dust was found in the room or in the main office where breakfast is served. Be warned if you do not like to have animals around while you eat, pick somewhere else to have breakfast. Hank the dog, Herman and Zander the cast will come to keep you company whether you like it or not. I thought it added a bit of character. My one and only problem is that the lights from the store across the street shine in the front window. Maybe just a heavier shade would help. We hung a towel on the curtain rod to help with blocking the light. Other than that it was a great last minute weekend at the Scandia Inn.One more thing, if you stay here...bring your own hair dryer.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I love staying here. Bill and his wife are very nice. I love the rooms they are like being back when I stayed at my Grandmothers house. I love the decor and the comfort. The decor is from the 60's and 70's. The breakfast is great and the Jucuzzi outside stays open all night for their guest.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We just returned from a weekend attending the Volkswagen Show in Eureka Springs and were fortunate to book a room at the Scandia Inn which was next to the convention center (within walking distance). The room was extremely clean with crisp linens. The inn was built in the late 40's with small cottages which have been updated and are very comfortable. Bill and Libby, our inn keepers, were friendly and helpful in planning our stay with several tips for sightseeing and navigating the city. The trolley stop is right outside of the inn and the trolley runs frequently. They served a hot breakfast both mornings. Our first breakfast included scrambled eggs, ham, and raisin toast. The next morning we were served hot crisp waffles, bacon, and syrup. There was a constant refill for juice and coffee with plenty of pleasant conversation and tips for the day. The inn is pet friendly with friendly pets. We enjoyed meeting, "Hank", the resident Inn-Dog. He was comfortable and friendly with guests and well-behaved. We will definitely look forward to another stay at the Scandia Inn and tour of Eureka Springs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple