“Like staying with friends.”

Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Southlake, Texas
“Like staying with friends.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We enjoyed our three-day visit to Eureka Springs, AR for a number of reasons, but #1 on the list was our stay at the Scandia Inn hosted by innkeepers, Libby and Bill Freeland.

The updated motor court was authentic and fun. My grandparents owned a motor court when I was a child, so I was immediately intrigued by taking a step back in time. And Libby and Bill stayed true to the 50's-60's furnishings, lamps, and accessories while providing the most personal of service that included delicious breakfasts in their home and extra attention such as bringing out wine glasses when friends dropped by to join us for a drink on the shaded porch right outside our rooms.

Scandia Inn is conveniently located on Hwy. 62 (a busy road with the accompanying noise, but not enough to keep us from staying there again) and a few minutes from the main street through historic Eureka Springs. Our group of 3 stayed in adjoining units with 2 full baths and parking right outside our doors.

Libby and Bill gave us such personal attention, it was like staying with friends.
Loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Constance C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I went here last weekend on a whim with my boyfriend. We just drove down the strip and happened to pop in. The price was great, especially for a Eureka Springs Event Weekend. The room was very clean, and the jacuzzi was very clean and private for when we came back to the B&B later. Very comfy bed and nice TV with Ipod plugins. There is a gas station across the street convenient for a little wine and snacks to put in the refrigerator. The next morning, the breakfast was phenomenal!!! Ham, eggs, and toast with OJ and coffee. Here is the best part. As we were leaving, I noticed at the last second that my sapphire ring had fallen off of my finger. We spent the next 30 minutes looking in every nook and cranny in the room. I went to inform the keeper, Bill, what happened. Not only did he help us look, but asked for our information if it turned up. After I left brokenhearted, he continued to look and called us about thirty minutes later to tell us he found it (under the nightstand, gosh!) I guess we were just too frantic in the moment. I will stay here from now on, because these owners are honest and just plain nice! You can't get a deal this great at any place I've ever been in Eureka. It is only a 3-4 minute drive from the Historic District as well.

Room Tip: For the couples that are traveling together, I would recommend the room with the private balcony or...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan M
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

This was the perfect getaway to spend our anniversary. The room was decorated in a wonderful vintage style and was very clean. We loved the private back deck. Bill and Libby are very friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. This B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Monticello, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

So glad I chose this b&b. Very sweet and friendly hosts. You even get animal hosts. Made me feel at home the whole time. Can't wait to go back in Nov. without the bike so I can shop more. Totally enjoyed the breakfasts in the am and the hot tub in the pm. I would definitely recommend the Scandia Inn of you are in the Eureka Springs area!

• Stayed June 2012
Wright City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Scandia Inn mixes just the right amount of antiques and modern conveniences to make your stay truly romantic. Even though it's right on the main road the individual and double cabins are solitary and peaceful and make it seem as if you are in the middle of the woods. The rooms were very clean and decorated with well chosen comfortable furniture and decor. Bill and Libby made sure our weekend was relaxing and had delicious food every morning for breakfast. Will be back in the fall for another wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: The larger single cabin is well worth the upgrade! Has a wonderful, large sauna, hot tub in it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia R
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Bill & Libby went out of their way in providing a terrific getaway as we celebrated our wedding anniversary this weekend. Without a doubt, this was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. The room was of vintage decor and well done. In fact, my wife made the bed before leaving. When I asked her why, she said she just couldn't leave the beautiful quilt left in a heap.The bathroom was rather small but again they make up for it in cleanliness. There were plenty of cable channels to choose from and the TV screen a bit small. But we just watched Netflix on my laptop via their wireless internet. Breakfast was terrific and the conversation even better. When we return next year, we'll again book our room at the Scandia.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pglarson
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Bill, Libby and their daughter all provided a wonderful experience. They went out of thier way to make everything just like home. This is not just a place to stay with comfortable rooms reminiscent of my grandmother's house (only nicer), it is a place to relax and meet lovely people. If I have an opportunity to visit Eureka Springs again, this is where I'll stay. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends