“Won't stay again”

Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scandia Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Missouri
“Won't stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is our second stay at this B & B and it will probably be our last! The rooms are very clean and charming, however, the animals in the dining area when trying eat is too much! I am an animal lover, but I didn't appreciate the dogs wanting to be petted the whole time we were trying to eat. Also, the cat was walking on an unoccupied table over the dishes! When one of the guests asked the owner to please take the dogs out of the dining area while we ate, he appeared annoyed by being asked to do so. Another problem we encountered was a lack of space for occupants to eat. There is one table set up for 4 people and two other tables set up for two people. Both mornings we were there people had to wait to be able to eat. Fortunately for us we weren't on a timeline, but if you were, you would just have to go without eating or be delayed in leaving. Seems like they would have enough seating for everyone to be able to eat when they want and at their leisure. We felt hurried so that others could have our table. Also, they didn't leave extra toilet paper in the room, so when we ran out, shortly after arriving, we had to go to the main house and get our own paper!

We did appreciate the covered parking for our motorcycles and the breakfasts, when we finally got to eat, were very good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JuPatt

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My boyfriend and I had our first vacation together and stayed at The Scandia Inn for 2 nights. We absolutley loved it and definitely plan on staying here every year that we visit Eureka Springs. Its a very comfortable atmosphere with awesome Inn keepers, Bill & Libby. The Inn is directly across the street from a gas station, which was very convienent for us. The king size bed, flatscreen, small fridge and microwave were very helpful and all at such a low, great price. I did bring my own hair dryer but there are towels, shampoo/conditioner and body wash available. Breakfast was very good. Bill & Libby made you feel at home and their fur babies did the same! Loved, will be returning!

Room Tip: Bring a hair dryer and in all honesty, if you don't plan on staying in your room much, the small...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Topeka, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I and my 89 year old mother spent 4 days at Scandia Inn. It was a great experience. The owners are wonderfully warm and friendly and inviting. The room was cozy, quaint and comfortable. The FULL breakfast every morning was incredible. Definitely a full breakfast. It kept us going well into the afternoon. AND it was different each day. The Inn is located in a great spot with easy access to everything. If there was anything that I didn't care for it was the proximity to the road. It was a bit noisy at times. There was an outdoor hot tub under a gazebo outside our room. I would recommend with confidence and will return there myself. The Inn has a charm about it that reminds you of times when places to stay had character and personality.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We enjoyed our three-day visit to Eureka Springs, AR for a number of reasons, but #1 on the list was our stay at the Scandia Inn hosted by innkeepers, Libby and Bill Freeland.

The updated motor court was authentic and fun. My grandparents owned a motor court when I was a child, so I was immediately intrigued by taking a step back in time. And Libby and Bill stayed true to the 50's-60's furnishings, lamps, and accessories while providing the most personal of service that included delicious breakfasts in their home and extra attention such as bringing out wine glasses when friends dropped by to join us for a drink on the shaded porch right outside our rooms.

Scandia Inn is conveniently located on Hwy. 62 (a busy road with the accompanying noise, but not enough to keep us from staying there again) and a few minutes from the main street through historic Eureka Springs. Our group of 3 stayed in adjoining units with 2 full baths and parking right outside our doors.

Libby and Bill gave us such personal attention, it was like staying with friends.
Loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Constance C
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I went here last weekend on a whim with my boyfriend. We just drove down the strip and happened to pop in. The price was great, especially for a Eureka Springs Event Weekend. The room was very clean, and the jacuzzi was very clean and private for when we came back to the B&B later. Very comfy bed and nice TV with Ipod plugins. There is a gas station across the street convenient for a little wine and snacks to put in the refrigerator. The next morning, the breakfast was phenomenal!!! Ham, eggs, and toast with OJ and coffee. Here is the best part. As we were leaving, I noticed at the last second that my sapphire ring had fallen off of my finger. We spent the next 30 minutes looking in every nook and cranny in the room. I went to inform the keeper, Bill, what happened. Not only did he help us look, but asked for our information if it turned up. After I left brokenhearted, he continued to look and called us about thirty minutes later to tell us he found it (under the nightstand, gosh!) I guess we were just too frantic in the moment. I will stay here from now on, because these owners are honest and just plain nice! You can't get a deal this great at any place I've ever been in Eureka. It is only a 3-4 minute drive from the Historic District as well.

Room Tip: For the couples that are traveling together, I would recommend the room with the private balcony or...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan M
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

This was the perfect getaway to spend our anniversary. The room was decorated in a wonderful vintage style and was very clean. We loved the private back deck. Bill and Libby are very friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. This B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Monticello, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

So glad I chose this b&b. Very sweet and friendly hosts. You even get animal hosts. Made me feel at home the whole time. Can't wait to go back in Nov. without the bike so I can shop more. Totally enjoyed the breakfasts in the am and the hot tub in the pm. I would definitely recommend the Scandia Inn of you are in the Eureka Springs area!

• Stayed June 2012