“Clean room”
Review of Swiss Village Inn

Swiss Village Inn
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 7 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here this weekend and found the room clean and mostly comfortable. Although the pictures on the web page showed a microwave and refrigerator, our jacuzzi room had neither. The clerk said only about five rooms have them, so if you need one, you bettter request it when booking. The room is also rather dark and lacking in receptacles for our computer. We had to get an extension cord locally to be able to use my computer and still have some lights plugged in. The wi-fi worked ok too.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband and I stayed in Swiss Village inn for 2 nights in October. The owner and staff was very nice. The room was pretty good, bed comfortable, and clean. I checked the bed for bed bugs upon arrival, diddnt see evidence of bugs but woke up with about 10 bites. I thought it might have been mosquito bites or maybe chiggers. Next night, laying on top of the covers, several more bites. Fleas??? Got home, did resurch on bed bug bites. Looks like what I got. My husband received no bites, sleeping right next to me. not for certain that it was bed bugs, I guess there even in posh hotels, so cant really blame the hotel. The idea of bedbugs realy creeps me out. If it was bedbugs, just hope I diddn't bring them home. I would still reccomend this hotel for tight budget stay in Eureka Springs. Right on the trolly route and a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed here for two nights and not only were the rates inexpensive, but the room was large, had a micro/fridge, 2 queen comfy beds, and it was extremely clean and smelled nice. Larry, the manager, was very helpful and gave us info about the area. Noise was not an issue, even though there was a motorcycle rally in town and many were staying at the hotel. All in all, we were impressed and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband and I visited Eureka for the July 4th weekend and decided (after MUCH research) that we'd stay at Swiss Village Inn. Our reservations were for Saturday and Sunday but on short notice we decided that we'd try to go on Friday night so I called and the "older" man said no problem so we got our extra night (at the internet price we got the other two nights for). That's my thumbs up. My thumbs down. Website says it has a heated pool. No, I think the pool was about 65 degrees! It was freezing and so cold that we couldn't even stay in. Most hotels now days have a fridge and microwave in them, ours did not. We opted for the King Jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi was pretty much ok but with the low water pressure it took about 40 minutes to fill it up. The sign said free wifi but would not connect on my IPhone. Another thumbs up to the maid service. The room was well cleaned when we arrived and when we returned from our Saturday and Sunday excursions, it was once again, cleaned spic and span. All in all, for the money I think we'll stay there again but we won't splurge on the jacuzzi and hopefully the "regular" rooms have a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2010

The motel is fine, but the guy who works there should get into another line of work. In addition to being rude to us at every opportunity, he came around on the morning we were leaving, banging on our doors well before check-out time to get us out of the rooms. We were happy to oblige.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We had a lovely stay here and enjoied the double hot-tub/jacuzzi which was located in our room. It has nice commodities as well as a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The staff was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. I would definitely recommend it to those who want something nice for not too much money.

Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2010

If you are looking for a budget hotel in Eureka Springs, you could not do better than the Swiss Village Inn. The location is very close to the historic loop, as well as businesses and restaurants; our price included a two-person spa tub, which was immaculately clean; and the manager was friendly and solicitous. Rooms also include a microwave and small refrigerator, and it was obvious that the housekeeper (Shellie) was meticulous and conscientious in her work. All in all, a very enjoyable stay--we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple