“Not their best”

Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Kanss City
“Not their best”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights over the Memorial Holiday weekend for our anniversary. We always stay in a Quality Inn & Suites because its the hotel my husband uses when he travels for work. We like the points. So we have stayed in their hotels all over. That being said, this is not one of their best hotels. Its centrally located in Eureka Springs which is good. We got a junior suite and it was just the two of us. We were assigned a room right off the pool area. Not our style and we didnt have children with us but so far so good. We got in the room and was shocked to discover that the only window in the room faced a concrete passageway wall. NO VIEW WHATSOEVER! Unless there is a worse room in this hotel, this should be the very LAST room to put someone in. And since we booked our hotel months ago, that shoudnt have been OUR problem. The design of the room itself isnt bad. Bed is seperated from the sitting area with a small half wall. The TV is on the dresser and used from both the bed area and the sitting area. Usually the TV would be on a lazy susan turntable but not here. Weird. But the worse part of this room was that the bathroom floor and shower wall was covered in hair!!! Disgusting! The floor is obviously not cleaned between stays. And the shower, well thats just disgusting. My key didnt work the first time we tried to open the door. We had to have it rekeyed the next morning. Then when we came in tired mid afternoon on Sunday & neither of our keys worked!! We're tired and we have our arms full of things brought in from the car and neither key worked. The front desk personally seemed friendly so that was a plus. The hotel is obviously old and a bit worn. For the price, it should have been one of the nicest. I dont think we would ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the location of the room and whether or not it has a down side. Or an upside for tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
MCPHERSON
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I travel for a living and stay in Quality Inns all over the midwest. I had a family emergency and had to cancel my reservation. I have in the past called multiple quality inns sometimes as 4PM on the day of the reservation and always been able to cancel reservation with NO CHARGES. I made the call this time at 11:55 AM the day of the reservation. I was told no matter what I will be charged one night's stay. I know that they would have absolutely no problem filling that room. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. We were traveling with three dogs; the pet room was very spacious, overlooking a forested area and the hotel had a very nice pool. There was also a guest laundry which was appreciated as we had been on the road for 2 weeks.

• Stayed May 2013
Arkansas
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Someone made reservations for our group at this hotel. Was shocked when I got there how expensive it was!!! Room nothing special for the price. When I got into the shower the next morning I was greeted with cold water....No hot water!! Complimentary breakfast was bad ... tables not cleaned between diners.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2013

If your so concerned abour guests having clean rooms, what happened to mine? The sheets were dirty, the bathtub was dirty, the bedspread looked and smelled like it came from the 1940's. Whenever they repainted the room they didn't bother to cover anything so the luggage holder the tv and the floor all had paint splashed on them.
A couple hours after we left the manager called to let me know they were going to charge me 300 I could tell that was a call she has made many times. Not to mention she was laughing when I got upset.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank crystalroxanne
Reviewed 29 April 2013

If you spill something or make any type of mess (nothing that can't be cleaned) they will charge you $300! I recently stayed there so I could go to my sisters wedding. The rooms are pretty disgusting!
When I got home they called me and said they charged me $300 because they found ashes in the bathroom floor. (Neither one of us smokes)
I had to cancel my debit card and go through visa to try and get my money back. Please save yourself the worry and stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Casey B, Manager at Eureka Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
We are a completely non smoking facility. We do have pictures to prove that the room was in fact smoked in. For the convenience of the other guests we have not rented out that room because we are still deep cleaning and trying to get it ready for our non smoking guests. We do let every guest know at check in that we are a completely non smoking hotel and let them know of the charges. We also provide ash trays outside for the convenience of our smoking guests so they can smoke outside of the hotel.
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had special requests in my reservation. After a welcoming check in, my room was set up with all the extras I requested. The room was super clean and roomy. The indoor heated pool and hot tub were inviting as well as the dive in movie every night. All the staff was very personable to our needs and wants. The breakfast was great and worth getting up in the morning. We had a wonderful experience and will stay in this hotel in the future. The entire staff made my family very comfortable and welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay in Eureka Springs! We do everything we can to accommodate each and every guest! We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!