The Crescent is over 100 years old. It has faults and blemishes. You just have to expect that with an older hotel. We stayed in the penthouse for 3 nights and love the romantic penthouse. The view over the valley, and the upper bedroom were fantastic.
We were told of the broken elevator 2-3 days before we arrived. I did not realize it had been broken for 6 months. Note to OWNERS: This is unacceptable!
The flight of stairs up to our room had a light fixture that did not work. Based on other reviews regarding the maintenance of the hotel, I decided to not even bother reporting this. It was a hassle during the whole visit and a safety hazard considering the steep narrow stairs.
The floor appeared to be a cheaper floor material like a Pergo instead of a wood floor that would have been authentic.
The buffet for breakfast is over priced, but decent food.
In my experience in various shops, restaurants, and the Crescent the service is vary variable. This seems to be an issue with the area and I can't quite understand why there is such variability. We had some excellent customer service experiences and some poor ones. In general the service at the Crescent was mediocre. We had the occasional great bellhop, but in general just mediocre.
I spoke to some of the business owners in the shops in town and learned that business has been bad during these economic times. The owners expressed appreciation for my business and gave great service. But, that isn't always the case.
Somehow the Crescent seems to be the epitome of the various service experiences that we had in Eureka Springs.
If you can overlook all of this, you will have a great time. Despite all of this, my wife and I had a great time. I suspect this would have been an entirely different experience if the kids had been along.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today for Eureka Springs lodging, the full-service Crescent Hotel features 81 rooms including luxury suites and cottages, hot tub and swimming pool, the New Moon Spa & Salon, the 1886 Steakhouse, Sky Bar Gourmet Pizza with al fresco dining, concierge and bellman service, a resort activities coordinator, all surrounded by 15 acres of manicured show gardens and pristine woods with hiking and walking trails. The hotel also offers Daily Activity Programming including a Kids Kamp, Spa Fitness, History Tour, and Back Porch Social. The Crescent Hotel is also home to over 400 wedding events per year ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1886 Crescent Hotel And Spa
- 1886 Crescent Hotel Eureka Springs
- Crescent Hotel Eureka Springs Arkansas
- 1886 Crescent Eureka Springs
- Crescent Hotel Spa Eureka Springs
- Crescent Eureka Springs