1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa
Best Western Eureka Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$98
1905 Basin Park Hotel(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$116
Ozarka Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$67
Quality Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
QualityInn
Best Western Inn of the Ozarks(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$103
Hotels.com
US$170
US$177
US$172
Regency Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$67
Wanderoo Lodge(Eureka Springs)
US$71
US$56
The Trails Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$62
2,972 results
All reviewsghost toursky barcrystal dining roomnew mooncrystal ballroomhaunted hotelfourth floorshared balconyinteresting historystep back in timeshuttle servicerocking chairsget awaybrunchmorguejasperspooky
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The location of this hotel was the only positive thing about this place. The hotel was very old and run down. We were aware of the non-working elevator but being on the third floors was rougher than I imagined. The carpeting in the lobby was very old and dirty and the furniture in the lobby appeared as old as the hotel. The furniture was stained and deflated from extensive use. The first room we stayed in was sooooo small and we paid soooo much. The window air conditioner took up half of the window so we couldn't look outside and there was no chair in the room! The second room had a shared balcony and was a bit larger but still no chair. The door to the balcony was always a little ajar. It was warped I guess. The shower in the first room would turn to scalding hot to freezing cold with no warning and the first room had an old smell. Breakfast was just okay not great. The whole building seemed hot. The lobby was air conditioned but it was just a little cool. The whole hotel needs an overhaul! Would never stay there again. The surprise taxes ; Gratuity,resort tax, guest room tax.=approx. 30 extra dollars!/day

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jnask
macdevelopment, Manager at 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience of no elevator at this time for it is being replaced for your safety and convenience in the future. As for our rooms some are smaller than others and no two are alike. The hotel is 126 years old and we believe that the antique furniture adds to the history and feel of the space. Being a tourist attraction Eureka
Springs does hold more taxes than most especially on lodging and restaurants. With the payment of a resort fee you receive wi-fi, a shuttle, free parking in our lot and downtown, access to all resort activities, and a newspaper. We hope to improve your opinion in the near future on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was not our first visit to The Crescent Hotel. I keep hearing that money is being invested in bringing the hotel up to an acceptable standard so I am always hopeful it is true. However, it doesn't appear that anything is being done. We were in town this weekend for a wedding which was being held at The Crescent. We paid more for the room to have balcony access. Big mistake. While We could sit on the balcony, there was not one chair in our room. The room was so small, you could barely get beside the bed to get in it. Along with no chairs, there was no mirror. Being a female, it's nice to be able to actually see what you look like while getting ready.

I'm not sure who is managing the hotel, but they need to spend some time improving service. Upon checking in, you find out the elevator is broken, so you have to climb several flights of stairs with your luggage. Not a problem for us but we had several older individuals and others with health problems that should not be expected to use stairs. I wonder what the hotel's liability is if someone had a heart attack or fell due to no elevator. I was told it has been "out of service" for several weeks. Apparently, it's not important enough to management to have as a priority. Along with no elevator, the air conditioner in the dining room was not working. The wedding reception was held in the dining room and was quite uncomfortable.

More on service. After walking back to the hotel from downtown, we thought it would be nice to sit on the balcony outside our room. It was very frustrating to find two young boys from the bar upstairs sitting in rocking chairs smoking. I guess I should have asked them to leave but I really thought when they saw me open the shutters and door, they would leave. Nope, they continued to sit there smoking and talking. Service in the restaurant was equally bad. At breakfast on Sat I had to serve myself coffee as the server appeared too busy to handle our table. There should have been at least 2 more servers in the dining room due to the large number of guests. One other incident happen in the lobby while we were waiting to go to the garden for the wedding. Realize there were at least 3 weddings occurring at the hotel and there were many guests dressed up filling the lobby area. Along comes a bus boy with a cart full of dirty linen and dishes through the middle of the guests. This should have never been allowed. I won't go into my coffee experience this morning. I do highly suggest the hotel set up a coffee bar in the lobby so guests can help themselves to coffee. It would also be wise to provide options for milk or cream--not the packets of fake creamer.

We have stayed in a lot of hotels and I'm not will to pay $240 a night to have another similar experience at The Crescent. I recommend people look at other options in Eureka Springs. It's too bad the owners don't pay more attention to how guests are treated and the physical accommodations. May be they should stay there or hire a good manager.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jcstorey
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The location and history of the Crescent is what drew us to this hotel. The photos on their website ate wonderful. If only the reality was a little closer to those photos... The expensive room had old, scarred furniture (this is supposed to contribute to the authentic Victorian feel?) Nothing has been truly "restored" (unfortunate, as it IS a magnificent piece of architecture) but merely pasted and painted over...and over...and over... The very overall young staff (teens and early 20's) were sometimes great and sometimes inexperienced in dealing with adults - that is the nicest way to put that - and I will leave it at that. The breakfast included with room was a magnificent highlight; great food, great service there - but the dining room also needs restoration - or at the very least, someone to remove the dust that I notice had gathered on the window sill. It is not bad overall - not by a longshot - but what makes Crescent a disappointment is the cost to stay in the condition it is. This reminds me of the old run down motels that are no longer part of a chain that have new coats of paint slapped over many other coats but need a REAL restoration instead - yet, for what I paid to stay, there are many opulent choices and far cheaper - yet more charming - bed and breakfasts. Ghost tour is fun. If you do it, do like everyone else on the tour did - stay somewhere else and just come for the tour.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have stayed at The Crescent many times in the past and we are never disappointed. The history of the place is awesome and The Crescent takes advantage of this. We always take the ghost tour and on our last trip we watched the Dr. Baker one act play. They are both so much fun! I especially love the cats, Jasper and Casper and we remember Morris, from one of our first trips. We have used the spa services the last two times we have been there and we love the couples massage! We love The Crescent and it will continue to be our favorite place to stay when we go to Eureka.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank 9,997
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We decided to stay here for our Anniversary and to explore the history and ghostly encounters that we reviewed. Check in was slightly challenging and the verandah rooms were unavailable. We were immediately told about a resort fee of $9.95 that would be applied to the bill and I thought that was reasonable. When we got to the room on the 4th floor (the elevator was out of order) the room was so small and not worth the $170 a night. We decided we would not request another room due to it being a busy weekend. Saturday night we ate at the "Steak buffet" and for $25 per person I suggest you eat downtown. I don't even eat steak so I had the chicken and it was hard and dry and the selection was very poor and not worth the price. The upstairs bistro has a beautiful view but again, DO NOT EAT THERE! Way too pricey. We had breakfast included every morning and that was mediocre. The Sunday brunch had so much hype and was better but they advertise Champagne and you literally had to ask them for it. The new moon Spa was nice (best part of the hotel).
Checking out was fast but the customer service lacks quite a bit like many have mentioned in their reviews. Also, the charges applied to your final stay are ridiculous! The resort fee that I discussed early wasn't for the whole stay but for each night we stayed plus a service gratuity fee and of course a guest room tax which is understandable. I booked through Orbitz and was charged $200 more when I checked out from what I was quoted which I'm trying to resolve now. If you want to experience the paranormal activity, floating orbs (we got some) and the ghost tour stay here; if you want anything else stay downtown.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple