“Our Stay Was Too Short”

1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would like to come back for a longer stay in the future but I enjoyed our first experience at The Crescent. The staff was friendly and helpful and I particularly enjoyed sketching in the grounds, the Sunday Brunch in the Crystal Dining room and a visit to the New Moon Spa. I would love to try a room with a balcony next time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J1955

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a pretty good idea of what to expect, and since this was the host hotel for the wedding we were attending, it made sense to stay here. It was the right hotel, but not one without shortcomings, many of which have been documented by previous reviews.
Check in: I was taken aback by the most heavily-tattooed hotel registration clerk I have ever encountered, but hey, this is Eureka Springs, so it's all good. No problems.
Room: we had one of the few first floor rooms, right next to the women's restrooms and just outside the hotel entrance. We thought there might be resulting noise, but we never heard any. The bed was was one of the most ornate I have encountered in a hotel. Mattress comfort was acceptable. But the room was so dark! I'm all for keeping a historic look, but is it not possible to update the amount of available lighting? It made the room, with its ceilings at least 12 feet tall, appear very dingy. Closet and bathroom were both quite small, but that is reflective of hotel standards at the time. A few inconveniences, but nothing major. Bath appliances worked acceptably.
Public areas: Main hotel lobby looked fresh, but some of the hallways were tired. The hallway carpets looked old and were buckled in places.
Restaurant: we had two breakfasts as part of our room rate. The buffets were acceptable but not notable. For dinner, I would recommend the Grand Taverne at the Grand Central Hotel. (You can take the free shuttle to and from it.)
This hotel is unusual; it is what it is. It was OK; just don't go in with expectations of a five-star experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TripRabbit
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I dealt with them over a year and the customer service the entire time was poor. First our Crescent wedding coordinator booked a room for our reception that was not available. We did not know it was not available for over a month. We thought all was fine and that we could continue planning, but it was overbooked. I should have gone with my gut and just cancelled everything then, but we gave it another chance. Long story short: it's hard to contact a human when calling the hotel & it's hard to talk to the same person once you do reach a human.
God forbid you call the marketing department to see if they will transfer you! My Mom was tired of the automated system & tired of no one replying to her messages, so one day she called the marketing department and asked to be transferred to someone dealing with weddings. The guy who answered told her she was in "the wrong church and the wrong pew"
In the end, our big day turned out to be wonderful mostly due to the cooking staff at the Crescent and Susan the event coordinator (the one lady who came to my rescue in the end)
Though my reception turned out fine, I would not go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just completed our first stay at The Crescent. It's an interesting hotel. Very old, very historic. While I appreciate it is an old hotel, I recognize it is not for me. I think if you're into historic (and paranormal activity) sites, then it could be ideal for you. I'm not into ghosts, but I did feel like it is creepy, and can see how people relish in this hotel.

The grounds are beautiful. Sunday brunch was delicious (and included in our stay). Mimosas were plentiful. My husband was equally impressed with the spread.

The hotel is very convenient to downtown Eureka, and they offer a complimentary shuttle. I would have liked to try the spa but did not get the opportunity.

The rooms are very old, very basic. Very nice TV's though. We were in room 215 which had a community balcony overlooking the entrance. We did enjoy that.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1905manager1886, General Manager at 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the hotel grounds as well as the Sunday Brunch. We invite you to return to visit us, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have wanted to stay at the Crescent Hotel for years and my only regret is that I waited so long. I am a avid 1800's Victorian enthusiast and thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Crescent Hotel.

The staff at the Crescent are wonderful and very helpful. Don't struggle with your luggage, the concierge will do it for you. The hotel is very clean and elegant, the food is wonderful, beds are very comfortable. The room had a big g g screen tv with good reception, coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge and microwave.

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here! Its a great place to relax, sitting in the rocking chairs on the back deck overlooking the Ozarks, or taking the tram into town for shopping.

Room Tip: King bed was comfortable and beautiful. Balcony rooms have a step to get onto the balcony. Third fl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found the hotel and your stay to be so exciting. and that we can help you with your Bucket List. We hope to have you back as repeat guests in the future at our lovely hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I spent some time in Eureka Springs and thoroughly enjoyed the quaint artsy town. The 1886 Crescent Hotel was very good. The staff were very helpful and the accomodations were clean and well tended. My wife and a friend had a spectacular Spa Treatment day while a friend and I went golfing on an area course. The "Sunday Brunch" was very tastywell appointed and the food was kept fresh.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of the Crescent Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us as well as enjoying time in the New Moon Spa. We invite you to visit us again and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Crescent was such a beautiful hotel, they had an amazing brunch, and the view from the rooftop restaurant was magical! The Ghost Tours are a lot of fun and there is so much cool history with this hotel! The balconies are so relaxing and have amazing views as well!

Room Tip: If you ask, they'll let you know which rooms are supposed to be haunted, like room 218!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TChristy

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Crescent Hotel. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the Sunday Champagne Brunch in the Crystal Dining Room. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the beautiful views from the balcony and the interesting and fun ghost tour. We hope to have you folks back as return guests in the future.