“Eureka Springs - You found it - Absolutely true” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa

1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Ohio
“Eureka Springs - You found it - Absolutely true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

The trip to Eureka Springs was my very first experience in this city. I have to say that I loved every minute of my stay in this small Ozark mountain town. The historic Crescent Hotel was everything that I expected it to be and more. I have a fancy for old historical Victorian decor and really loved the dark rich wood throughout the hotel. The view from all of the balconies was lovely. The landscaping around the grounds was beautiful and left me with a very peaceful feeling. The food at the hotel was good and there was a pool available that was quite nice. I did not use the SPA services at the hotel but thought that the package offered was affordable. I opted for the spa package offered at the Palace Hotel (The old historical bath house. The expereince at the Palace was quite delightful. The Catholic church just behind the hotel was quite lovely also. I was not staying in a premium room I thought that the room was small but it was not bad. I do think that the air conditioning in the room could have been improved upon. If you like ghost you are in for a treat if you stay at this hotel. My husband and I did have a ghostly experience while in our room, nothing to scarey, it was actually kind of funny. In addition to that experience I got tons of pictures of orbs when taking the historical ghost tour through the hotel. One disappointment was not being able to take the horse drawn carriage ride through the city. It rained on the day we were going to take the tour by carriage. Then the carriage company did not offer the tour on Tuesday or Wednesday. While the hotel is a little away from the shopping I did not find this to be an inconvience. There is public transportation that is very reasonablly priced. The only down side to Eurecka in general is that the town rolls up the sidewalk at 5 - 6 pm most days. If you want to do any shopping you have to do it before that time. There is little to no nightlife where we were staying. The local pub in the historical part of town had a terrible band that did not start until 10 pm. My husband and I stayed at the Basin Hotel 1905 the sister hotel to the Crescent for 4 days of our trip. The room there was very nice and located in the heart of the historical section. We were on the forth floor at the front of the hotel. There was a balcony just outside our room and we were able to listen to the music at the Basin Sping. It was a wonderful experience. I found the staff at the Basin to be exceptional. The staff were all very nice and went out of their way to make sure out stay was pleasant. The food at the Basin was not very good but I loved the balcony restaurant and the entertained that was offered on one of the nights we stayed. The jacuzzi was very nice in our room and the air conditioner blasted us with cool air. I would reccomend a trip to Eureka Spings to anyone who wants to relax, who loves the outdoors, mountains, and history. If I can sign back on I will add some pictures but I am at work right now so don't have access.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

The exterior of the hotel is eye catching; the interior has it's good points but overall is in great need of rennovation, mainly with the cooling system. The hallways are extremely hot and uncomfortable in the heat of summer and the room was very difficult to cool down with a small window unit. The water runs brown a good deal of the time. There is really no counterspace to place your makeup/toiletry items. The general atmosphere was lovely, though and very "ghost inspiring", which was the main purpose of our trip. We will come again, and hopefully during a cooler time of year and when we can experience the Sunday brunch which we hear is wonderful. The balcony was lovely to sit out on and listen to the nearby church bells.

• Stayed August 2009
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sandy UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

Our family tried to rate the hotel on a scale of 1-10, but all of us gave it a bump up to a 12! We highly recommend your Crescent Hotel to anyone. The hotel is soooo beautiful and relaxing and the staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. The accommodations were excellent and the scenery was breathtaking. We regret that we didn't get to participate in the ghost bus tour, but we ran out of time. We most definitely plan on coming back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Cabot, Ar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

This hotel is a must for everyone to experience. My husband and I went for a relaxing getaway and what a treat it was. The staff at the hotel were great and helped make our experience even more special! We look forward to going back very soon.

Little Rock, Ar.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

The rooms were dirty and the shower had no pressure and the water went from hot to cold while taking a shower. The breakfast Saturday morining was good and the Sunday Brunch was good. The waitress and waiters were very nice and it was great service.
Rooms are over priced. Would not return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful visit and couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you for the excellent service and food at the Crystal Dinning Room. The bar on the roof was a fun place to hang out and meet new friends. Thanks again for a wonderful experience.

Grain Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

Very educational. We paid for a King Balcony room but was over booked so the hotel put us in a cottage beside the hotel. While the cottage was very beautiful we were disappointed because we wanted to stay in the hotel. Still we had a wonderful time and we will be back.