“DONT STAY HERE! !!!”

1905 Basin Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
“DONT STAY HERE! !!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we checked in we had reserved a king-jacuzzi room. We walked into a room with no jacuzzi. Had to go back down to the front desk and so them our conformation. Thank God we had it on our phone. The rooms looked nothing like the website. We were very disappointed with it.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank 80bekah
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while checking into your hotel room. The appropriate departments will be informed of your experience. We understand that our hotel was built in 1905 and therefore is not a new establishment, but we do our best to maintain cleanliness and up to date furniture, regardless of the hotel's age. We are sorry for any disappointment you felt upon arrival, but ask that you visit us again in the future. We promise to do our best to make sure your next experience is a favorable one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for state-of-the art, modern lodgings, this isn't the place for you, but it is a great old hotel. Rooms were clean, service was excellent, and a great historical vibe. I'm going back.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We are glad that you appreciated the service and character of the hotel, and invite you to come back in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Summersville, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Loved everything about my stay. I had the Cobb Salad for lunch at the Balcony Restaurant, and it was delicious. It was my first time to eat on a balcony, so that added to the experience. The room was very clean and comfortable. The décor reminded me of the hotels in old western movies - loved it. My car had to be parked a few blocks away, but the shuttle driver was ready and eager to transport me to any place I wanted to go and as often as I wanted. I'll stay again!!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We are very pleased that you had such wonderful experiences with the Balcony Restaurant, with your room, and with the shuttle driver. We welcome you to return at any time and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We love historic hotels and this one did not disappoint. Enjoyed a great massage at the spa. The bar/restaurant on the balcony is fine but the Mud St. Cafe down the street is excellent. Didn't see a ghost, however. Maybe next time.

• Stayed June 2013
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the historic atmosphere of the property and that you had a good experience with the Serenity Spa. Thank you for trying our dining accommodations. We welcome you to come back and visit us again soon.
St. Louis
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is my second stay at this property in 14 months It must be fine or I would not have returned, you say. Well, actually, the location of the proerty was the primary motivating factor for a return. Eureka Springs is a very small town, situated basically in a ravine. Parking is at a premium so location becomes important.

At check-in my reception was cool, but without problems. The room was a king suite, consisting of a bedroom, sitting room and bath. The room was generally appointed in the period style (1905). The bed was quite comfortable.

A cautionary word or to. Housekeeping could use some fabric softener. The bath towels felt like one was drying off with a sheet of sandpaper. On the subject of the bathroom, there was no non-skid surface in the tub: My travel companion and I both had "slipping" issues when showering.. Fortunately, there was a handicap bar to grab on to: it was put to good use.

Check-out had all of the makings of an early morning confrontation: which, as it turned out, did not happen. The bill that was under the door had 2 charges for "Service Gratuity", one $6.00 one $3.00. The bill also had 2 daily charges of $6.50 for "Activity Fees". Really? When I brought these charges to the attention of the nice lady at reception she readily offered to remove all the aforementioned charges from my bill. I took her up on the offer: confrontation averted. I pointed out that none of these charges were mentioned at check-in, nor are they disclosed on the hotel's Web site. The nice lady rolled her eyes and said, "I know". BEWARE UNDISCLOSED CHARGES AND FEES, travelers.

As for my rating, a word. Eureka Springs is a town of 2,073 regular inhabitants in the mountains of northwest Arkansas. This is a fine property for where it is situated. I give it an "average" becasue, compared to other properties at the same price and a different location, it would be just that, average. If I again am in Eureka Springs I would again stay here (and take a careful look at my bill).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank denniskeith
We are pleased that you took the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We are glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that the location of the hotel was an advantage of your stay. We apologize for any issues you had with the towels and bathtub and your comments will be passed on to the appropriate departments. The activity fees are part of the room charge because they include wireless internet access, the shuttle that runs downtown for our guests, and they provide complimentary tickets to the downtown tours. The activity fees are promoted on our website under reservation accommodations, but we have no problem removing the charges from your bill upon check out if you did not take advantage of these resort accommodations during your stay. The gratuity fees are collected for the number of employees in the operation who do not receive tips because of their work locations and responsibilities with the property. We are glad that your stay was primarily enjoyable, and welcome you to return again soon.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is a very charming old hotel with a lot of history. Our room was very nice. The only part of my stay which was NOT enjoyable was having to park in a DIRT parking lot down the mountain from the hotel (on another street). I had to wash my car after departing because of all the dust kicked-up by other cars in the stuffed parking lot. However, there is a fairly convenient shuttle van available 24/7. The upstairs bar was packed both nights of our visit and service was slow, but the drinks were good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We appreciate that you took time to write a review of your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience of the location of the parking lot, but it is a little further away because the hotel is located in the center of downtown with no close lots available. We will pass your comments about the inconvenience of the dirt parking lot to the appropriate departments for consideration. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the historic property, shuttle service, and drinks from the Lucky 7 Rooftop Billiards bar. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit downtown Eureka Springs.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed here with a group of women. Many of the rooms were nicely done for an old hotel. Mine, however, was awful! There were tears in the carpet, mold in the shower, and the sink was falling off the wall. The only mirror was a small one over the sink. On the good side, the bed was comfortable and the bedding was crisp and clean
I mentioned these items to the front desk several times over the 3 nights I spent there. There was nothing done about it.
They did a very nice job with breakfast each morning and the staff was very nice. However, I would not stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with your room. Because the hotel is a historic property, we have maintained many of the original furnishings, although the carpeting is not original. We have two full time maintenance personnel and an executive housekeeper who are consistently working to update the rooms, although it is not always a fast process. However, your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We are happy you enjoyed the bedding, breakfast, and staff accommodations during your stay. We hope that you will reconsider and join us for your next stay in Eureka Springs.