“A Odd Review I know. . . . . but a BETTER one after our Stay!”

1905 Basin Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Monett
“A Odd Review I know. . . . . but a BETTER one after our Stay!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

So we are a HUGE Trip Advisor reviewers. We have walked through the Basin Park Hotel to check things out many times, we have had a drink at the bar and we have gone on the Ghost Tour back the day we got married down in Eureka Springs back on 11/11/11. So with the Blues Fest is coming up and we found a excellent deal on Priceline.com so we could afford to stay at the Basin finally! Very excited! I booked it for Friday and Saturday night (6/13-6/15) and my husband tells me we were going down on Thursday too. So I called Priceline back the next day and they told me I would have to cancel and rebook. Afraid we might not get the same rate I went ahead and called the Basin and talked to a VERY nice woman - I think her name was Lori. In one day there was only King Suites left so with it being only $15 more per night I asked her to book it for me and add it to our reservations she already had in her system. She told me that we would have to move to our normally booked Standard King on Friday BUT she went above and beyond and stated that she would make a note that if someone cancels they would allow us to stay in the King Suite and not have to move. Not sure how that will flag our reservation but we are praying this happens. I think we have deterred staying here not only because of the price but because of the "old" rooms. Looking over reviews and seeing pictures I'm hoping we not only get to stay in the Suite but we'll have a newly remodeled room. Can't wait for our stay and look forward to giving everyone an update on how it went. So far so good! Excellent job with customer service when I called in! Can't wait to see how our actual stay goes. I know we'll be happy in a regular room but excited to see if something happens and we get to stay the entire time in a suite. Looking forward to trying out the spa and the restaurant, etc. Stay tuned . . . . !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
It sounds like you're super excited. We can't wait to see you both!
Have a good day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Fiddletown, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We extended our stay in Eureka Springs because we fell in love with the place, but the other hotel we were staying was all booked up for a wedding or some such. So we wandered downtown in the light snow and went searching for vacant rooms. Luckily for us , the Park Basin was to accommodate in their corner room on the second floor (SPECTACULAR street view, see picture). The lobby was late 1800's and also had a little art gallery attached and coffee station nearby... but most importantly, the loading/unloading was super easy to navigate, given the tricky street position... trust me, this stuff matters in the rain.
They have a bar there (loads of 1880's elegance, charm, and historic vibe) and a staff that clearly loves their jobs, without any detectable variance, so they were helpful and professional and appropriately friendly. The room was positively vast. and these corner rooms were really suites of three joined sections ... more like an apartment, really, but the best by far was the bedroom... if you go, you'll see what I mean. Not garish or gouache but very elegant and roomy with a bathroom. We couldn't believe our luck and especially for the price we got it for.
Strongly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
It sounds like you truly enjoyed yourselves. We hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you return to Eureka Springs.
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you've been to Eureka Springs you already know that downtown accommodations are not modernized and are a bit difficult to get to/parking. Basin Park is clean and extremely convenient. Don't expect modern amenities - it is an historic hotel. My disappointment is only that after a day of walking and walking and walking my mother and I (mother's day weekend trip) were looking forward to a drink at Lucky 7 bar (top floor) only to find out that it was closed on a Saturday night from 6-9 for a private function. If we had known this while we were out and about we would have just found somewhere else scenic to go have our happy hour. We were also looking forward to using the hot tub on the spa deck, however that too was reserved for a private event. I completely understand reserving for parties but prior knowledge to the guests would be very helpful.

On a positive note - luckily we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite so we did have the jacuzzi in our room to use. Overall, I WOULD stay there again because of convenience. I found the shopping in the area pricey for items that you can find at any craft vendor shows. For specific art/unique items - I can see paying more but not for common items so I was a bit disappointed in the shopping.

Room Tip: If you don't want to wait for the 1 elevator every time you go to your room - suggest a lower fl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisag0209
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
We're sorry you had frustrations during your stay but it sounds like you had a good trip when it was all said and done. We hope you will give us another shot next time you return to Eureka Springs.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Ok, I want to send a shout out to the Basin Hotel and the Staff working at and for the Basin!! I had the pleasure of staying in the Chicago Suite last night and I want you all to know it was AMAZING!! The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating!! In the seven years I have lived in Eureka I have never stayed in a hotel in Eureka until last night and let me tell you, if I stay in another hotel it is gonna be hard to beat the accommodations and service I got from the Basin!! Thank you so much to Jody Jack and all the Staff at the Basin Hotel Eureka Springs, AR!! You guys are first class all the way!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ahobin
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. If you ever need a place to stay in Eureka Springs again please think about us.

Have a great day!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It was my first time to Eureka Springs. I had heard of the place but did no research before my arrival for a law enforcement convention (as a vendor). Anyhow, my first impression was that who ever decided to build a hotel on the side of an actual mountain was CRAZY, yet I was intrigued by the beauty all around me. My room was one of the larger suites and I was very happy with everything and simply kept my focus on my work during my four day stay. While I am not stranger to the spirit world due to my profession, I will be the first to admit that even I had moments where I was ready to RUN. It began with being trapped in the elevator for what felt like a lifetime. The next following times it happened, I was more prepared. The only thing, I can really say at this point is that I thank God for my past experiences that allowed me to enjoy my stay to the fullest. I account that to my sense of humor and my understanding of what was happening. Might actually return but will stay on the OTHER side of the hotel.
Kelly ~ forensic psychologist from Memphis

Room Tip: The room that end with the numbers 15 and 19 if you need your rest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us aside from the elevator issues. The next day after the issues, we had our elevator repairman come and service it. It's good to go know. We're sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope you will give us another shot next time you return to Eureka Springs.

Have a great day!
Ava, Missouri
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came here this last weekend with the Ozark UFO Conference Dinner Meet and Greet in the ballroom. The dinner was nice (except there was only one tray of desert for 200 people and it was gone before we even knew it was there!), and the ballroom was perfect for about 200 of us who chose to attend the dinner. The staff was very nice, and the place was clean. I love old historic buildings! The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the bar, but many people seemed to be enjoying the drinks, lol. It was a nice time and we were thrilled there was a shuttle for us to and from the conference center at the Best Western. If you're having a big get-together, this is a great place to do it in Eureka Springs. I imagine it would be great for a wedding reception or other big party. It is right downtown where all the shops are, so one day I might have to stay at this pretty hotel and check out the rooms. Thank you for accommodating all of us as the echoes of George Noory (host of Coast to Coast AM) singing love songs surely still linger in the ballroom. Hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your recent visit to our property. When you get a chance we'd love for you to actually stay the night with us. Give us a call next time you're going to be visiting and we'll get you set up.
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My sister and I went on the ghost tour with Meg at the Basin Park on Saturday March 29th 2014. We had a great time. Meg knew the history of Eureka and The Basin Park Hotel. She was informative a great story teller and funny. I would definitely recommend the tour with her.
We didn't see much, did hear music in the ballroom. When I got home and downloaded my pictures I did capture a lot of orbs and tried to email them got a message address permanently failed. I do hope everyone goes and visits Meg and all her friends at the Basin Park Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We're glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. The ghost tour is a fun way to spend an evening and get some history at the same time. You never know what you might find prowling the halls of this old hotel at night.
Please visit us again next time you're in Eureka Springs.