1905 Basin Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The New Orleans Hotel(Eureka Springs)
Wanderoo Lodge(Eureka Springs)
View Hotel
Swiss Village Inn(Eureka Springs)
View Hotel
Best Western Eureka Inn(Eureka Springs)
View Hotel
Eureka Matterhorn Towers(Eureka Springs)
1,484 results
All reviewsbalcony restauranthistoric hotelthe shuttle driverbalcony suitesister hotelheart of downtownwalking tourtop floorghost tourlots of historyin townspring streetthe location is perfectjacuzzi tubget awaytrip to eureka springsspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2009

The location turns out to be the best reason to stay. The room was OK, however this is over a 100 year old hotel that has been somewhat updated. We did stay in the off season, apparently service was in the off season as well. We did find the door man and the staff cleaning the rooms very nice and accomodating. However upon arriving the check in service was lacking in service skills. However, not compared to the next morning. We asked for locations of several local places we wanted to visit, apparently we were taking up breathing space of the desk clerk, She was very unfriendly and made us feel as if we were bothering her with our request, after all we were only paying $189/night for the suite........... I guess asking for directions is EXTRA!
Regarding the bill, we too had been overcharged for over over $60.00 dollars in charges and it took over 25 minutes to sort it out with the desk clerk and get a copy of the corrected bill. We love Eureka Springs, I would like to stay at the Basin again, however we would need to see the management of such a great historic hotel pay important attention to the needs of there guest in relationship to the staff. I would only recommend the Basin for the location.............. everything else should be considered a crap shot!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank worltravelerok437
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I feel compelled to write a review in response to a couple of the negative reviews on the site. My husband and I visited Eureka Springs a year and a half ago and had a wonderful time. I think if you know what you are getting before staying at the Basin Park Hotel you will be very happy. For one thing the location is wonderful. One reviewer complained about the parking, but the hotel info makes it very clear that parking is off location and gives directions on accessing the hotel and the parking. Staying downtown Eureka Springs is going to be tricky for parking almost anywhere because of the nature of a historic town with hills. The reviewer also complained about their room location, but they don't indicate if they tried to move. My husband and I too had a room right next to the elevator and the first night our sleep was disturbed several times by people exiting the elevator and yelling down the hall! One thing that would have helped would have been a seal of some kind for the bottom of the room door. Anyway, we asked to be moved to a quieter room for our second night and were set up in a nice room while we were out. Our second room was much quieter until 2:15 AM when we were awakened by a huge screaming fight between a woman and her husband in the room below us. However, one call to the front desk was enough to take care of them.
Our dinner at the Balcony restaurant was not the best we've had but the location for eating is great and the service was professional and friendly if though they were busy.
The hotel is charming, clean, and the staff is great. The only thing we missed was cable movies, there's no movie theatre in town.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank higheredteach
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My husband planned a surprise Valentine's Day getaway for the two of us. He booked a room at the Basin Park hotel as a package deal which included a free meal and a massage for two. Sounds great doesn't it?
When we got to the hotel we were unsure of how and where to park the car. It turned out that you get a pass and have to park your car quite a ways away and then hike back up. However, if you don’t want to hike up to the hotel you can take a shuttle. I have to say that I didn’t see the shuttle the whole time we were there and everyone I saw coming or going for the hotel walked. This is not the worst part thought.
Our room was 211. This room was on the second (third from the street level) floor. It was right next to the elevator and stairs and caddy corner to the receptionist desk of the spa. I think that this has got to be the worst room placement in the history of the hotel. If anyone is standing at the receptionist desk and talking you can hear everything they are saying crystal clear in your room. This room had no view. Well actually the view was of the outdoor patio. I am glad that it was February and the patio was closed otherwise we would have been surrounded by people.
We decided to get the massage the day we arrived (since the pass was only good for that day). We were the last appointment of the day. I was under the impression that we could get massaged in the same room rather than be in separate rooms. I was WRONG!!!!! Apparently that is called a duet and it is $20.00 more. We were only told about that after the massage. It was late and I didn’t feel like arguing with the lady, so we just paid the money and went to dinner.
The free meal voucher was only good at the two places in the hotel. We chose to eat at the Balcony restaurant. When we entered the place we were told to find our own table and the staff would get to us when they got a chance. I realize that it was Valentine’s Day and they were busy, but I have never had such unprofessional service before. We found a table and saw many waiters walk by. Eventually, 30 minutes later, someone asked if we were helped. When we said we were not, he asked if we wanted to see the menu. No we really were not hungry, we just wanted to take up the space and sit there, people watching.
The food was mediocre at best. My burger was slightly burned and my husband’s Ruben sandwich was barely eatable. The restaurant staff was very unprofessional, sitting down at our table when they were taking our order or asking if we wanted anything else.
Overall my impression of the hotel was horrible. I couldn’t sleep at night because of all the noise coming from people taking the elevator or the stairs or talking. I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chem101
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I've stayed at the Basin Park Hotel a couple of times, and seems it gets more disappointing each time.

Especially disappointing was the Balcony Restaurant. Service was horrible. Took the waitress 45 minutes to tell us they were out of one of the appetizers we ordered . Finally got our food but then couldn't find the waitress to get our ticket. Then they charged us for the item they were out of that we never received. Couldn't find waitress again to get the item removed from, our ticket. We ended up being there for 2 hours just having appetizers and a drink.

Also disappointing was the bed. It was old and practically sat on the floor. The elevator was broken - again.

But the biggest disspointment was the "tip" they tacked on to the bill. If you stay at the Basin Park, look closely at both sides of your invoice. They tack on a 15% "gratuity" for themselves. When we called to question it, we were told they would refund the gratuity. We said that isn't the point - it is deceiving to put this on the back side of the invoice tiny tiny print. I'm sure most people don't notice it and just pay it.

While the location is convenient, I'll chose a different place to stay next time I'm in Eureka Springs.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Islandgirl1234
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2008

As the General Manager of the hotel, Please allow me to express my apologies for the failures in service you experienced over your recent visit.

I read your review a few times to make sure that I address your concerns accurately. For parties of six or more on the balcony, like most restaurants we do have a 15% gratuity that is added to the check automatically. This is fully disclosed on the menu and is common. If by chance your were charged a gratuity and left another gratuity, I would appreciate learning of this whereas we can refund the double charge.

In relation to beds, i think it is important to clarify our bedframes are original furniture, our beds and bedding are fresh.

Jack Moyer

Reviewed 23 October 2008

The location of the hotel is perfect - right in the heart of downtown Eureka. It was very convenient to be staying right in the midst of everything so that we could grab a jacket or drop off shopping bags whenever we had the urge. They offer a shuttle service, but the parking lot is very close - walking to the car when we wanted to go for a drive was no problem at all.

We were lucky to be offered a free upgrade upon arrival. So for the price of a regular king-bed room, we got a 2 room suite with jacuzzi tub. The room was immaculate and the decor was beautiful. You can really feel the history and dedication of the renovators in all parts of the hotel. I can't imagine staying in a Super 8 after I've been here!

The staff were also excellent and very professional. There was a minor mixup when they slipped our bill under our door - we had accidentally been charged for the price of the suite instead of our original king room. I was nervous about telling the staff about the error (because I really hate complaining in general), but they were so so nice - apologetic and quick to refund us the difference.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in Eureka Springs. It may seem a little pricey, but is worth every penny. It has an amazing staff, amazing historic decor and an amazing location. We'll be back!