“Lovely Hotel, Fabulous Spa & Spa Staff, Ok Hotel Staff/Features”

1905 Basin Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Lovely Hotel, Fabulous Spa & Spa Staff, Ok Hotel Staff/Features”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I went to the basin for The Girlfried Getaway Pacakge. I was worried because of reading a lot of bad reviews, but I am so glad we went! It was a lovely hotel and I enjoyed my stay! It is an old hotel, but it gives it charm.

Pros:*Spa!!! The spa was amazing, great service and staff... Ask for Glenda, she made my first spa experience something special. All of the spa staff were very sweet and helpful. *The room was beautiful and just outside the spa, making for easy access.*Right in the middle of town, made for going anywhere we wanted a breeze! *Balcony Bar & Restaraunt, good food and great location, right in the hotel!

Cons: *Old hotel, so old plumbing (had to hold the toliet handle for min of 5 seconds to flush and sometimes that wasn't enough) and loud noises. We could hear anyone who walked down our hall or above us. *Horrible WiFi, had a difficult time staying connected and up to speed. *My package was supposed to have breakfast included. Instead they gave me vouchers for the War Eagle Outpost, located in the hotel for $10 each day.. The breakfast for 2 people cost $15! not exactly breakfast included. And when I mentioned it to the staff, they just tried to blame it on the website, instead of fixing it. *Parking was off site. Have to take a shuttle to your car, it's not that big of deal since the hotel is in the middle of the town, so you can walk almost anywhere. One of the shuttle drivers had horrible body odor and it was hard to tolerate the shuttle ride, although he was very helpful, friendly and gave great shop suggestions. *Bed was hard.

Overall, I would suggest this hotel to a friend and go there again. It was perfect location and had some nice ammenities.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My husband and I stayed during the week in October. The location of the Basin was in the middle of downtown Eureka Springs granting easy access to dining and tourist attractions. Julie and Mark at the front desk as well as all of the other staff members at the Basin were extremely helpful and friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable experience. For the value, the Basin is definitely the place to stay if you are visiting Eureka Springs!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Rock Rapids
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Everything in Eureka Springs is on a hill and the Basin Park Hotel is no exception. From arrival to check out the staff of the hotel were friendly and accommodating. I love the unique features in the hotel where every floor opens out at ground level. The balcony restaurant not only had good food and good service but it was a great way to people watch and enjoy the lovely fall weather. The Basin Park Hotel is centrally located in the historic shopping district. It is close to restaurants and cafes and just a short walk from the trolley stop. I also enjoyed the outdoor band park right next door where we heard wonderful fiddle music.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The Basin is literally the spot to be to see and do it all in Eureka. My favorite activity in the hotel was to eat at the Balcony restaruant located, you guessed it, on a balcony. You can eat some great tasting (and great priced) food and watch the hustle and bustle of tourists and Eureka-ians. At night they had some music playing, so we returned for a nightcap and music, all the while outside! The rooms were a lovely mix of old and modern to make you feel like you were back in time, but still living in the present. The view from our room was amazing where we could see past the downtown district and into the Ozarks. My husband and I had a massage that was a reaxing addition to our trip. The staff was attentive at the front desk, the shuttle van to our car and the restaraunt. Everyone we met affiliated with the hotel was not only helpful, but sincere. They were happy to a part of The Basin Park and the city of Eureka Springs.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
conway, ar
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The Basin Park Hotel in the heart of Eureka Springs, AR was an amazing "step back in time". It is located in the heart of the town.... just walk out the front door and a few steps away are stores, restaurants, novelty shops, and interesting local entertainment and sights. The hotel itself is wonderful...historic, but with all the "modern amenities" we're used to. It has a wonderful balcony restaurant where on beautiful days (such as Arkansas is having right now) you can sit and eat or have a glass of wine while watching the town below. The hotel is located right next to the Basin Park where many activities take place. All in all, it's a wonderful place--exciting yet relaxing-- that makes you feel as though you've "time-traveled" back in time. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Run...do not walk away from this place. The outside is nice and that's where the "nice" stops. The Basin Park has got to be the worse hotel we have EVER stayed in in any state or any country we have ever visited. Poorly maintained and over-priced for what you get is an understatement. The room was in dire need of updating, the bathroom sink was actually attached to the wall ion the room, the bathroom floor slanted, the window a/c (yes...window a/c unit) did not cool and the front was not even secured properly. Furniture looked like it was purchased at a garage sale, etc., etc. The hotel charges enough for its rooms (and then adds a 3% gratuity to the bill) that it should be able to update the place. Pay a little more and try the Crescent or one of the other hotels or Bed and Breakfasts in town before you dare stay at this place. We were booked there for a wedding so had to stay eventhough I seriously considered checking out early and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
MarkMM5,

I was disappointed to read your review and appreciate the opportunity to visit your feedback.

Although I think many may recognize your review as extreme, they should know the hotel was built in 1905 and in fact there is a sink in the bedroom. WHY? because the hotel was built before the age of bathrooms and a Ultra Modern addition in 1905 was running water in the room. We have purposely chosen to continue this path and I apologize for offending you with its continuation.

As for Window Units, in 1905 Central heat and air was not an option. With that said, we just recently upgraded to PTAC units which are window units but are less than 3 years old and are sized appropriately.

I thank you for your feedback and we continue to welcome guests who enjoy a snapshot in time, representing the turn of the century era in design and who offers a ideal and active location with services including valet parking, day spa, Coffee shop, restaurant, bar and billiards parlor.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The BASIN is located right smack-dab in the middle of the little town of Eureka. I had a King Jacuzzi suite on one night and a regular King suite on another night. The property is pretty unique and dated around 1906, the wifi was good. Interesting place with an adequate restaurant that has balcony seating and their is a good size Jacuzzi in a secluded patio area outside that also has a small sauna as well. I was greeted by a friendly staff member named Mark who told us that it was "69 steps to the lower street level." The town is unlike other places, as it holds a lot of artists and non-traditional type people. It has some San Francisco like qualities and overall everyone is very friendly. On my second night I woke up very early and as I was trying to fall back asleep, I swear I heard dishes breaking in the hall....was it the ghosts?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple