“Very CLEAN, Money $$$ Saving Motel/Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Express Inn
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very CLEAN, Money $$$ Saving Motel/Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

No longer Howard Johnson's, now Eureka Express Inn. We have stayed here many times mostly to cut our trip costs and allow us extra $$'s to see some theater shows. We have always called the manager (nice folks) to get special pricing and since they're no longer branded you must call directly anyway to make reservations. It's nothing fancy but we've always enjoyed staying here over the years. The rooms were always very clean and comfortable. We even had a microwave & refrigerator and even WI-FI too! The rooms are very large compared to some others we stayed at in Eureka. If you are wanting a fancy breakfast forget it as there is only a few food items to choose from like bread & dry cereal, milk & coffee....but what can you expect for the low room prices! It's clean, large, no frills and in Eureka Springs...what more can you ask for!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank gm12338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

First, the hotel's name changed to Eureka Express Inn, so it's no longer branded as Howard Johnson.

Room: one word - clean. Everything about the room is clean, from the bed to the carpet (though well-worn), to the bathroom. Lighting could be better, but given that aside from sleeping at night, we were never in our rooms, this is a very minor concern.

Amenities: This is somewhere between a one to a two star establishment. Here is a list of things that are standard for all stays:

1. 27 inch CRT (tube) TV
2. Decently large fridge and microwave.
3. "Oasis" brand shampoo/conditioner/soap
4. Pool
5. Breakfast consist of single-serving cereals (Malt-o-Meal raisin bran and honey nut scooters), milk and orange juice, small bagels, butter, mixed fruit and grape jam, coffee, and snack size muffins.
6. Free high speed wifi that never drops signals and truly "high speed".

Environment: A very quiet area about 2.5 miles outside Eureka Springs downtown area. The backside of the hotel has a beautiful view of the nearby hills and mountains (see picture). At night, there's hardly any noise at all. In the evening, you can also catch a beautiful sunset.

Management: The manager (I think Mr. Patel) is a super nice guy. He gave us some great recommendations on local places to eat, as well as tips on how to find parking in Eureka Springs. Also, although I booked my stay online, I actually accidentally arrived earlier by a day. He honored the quoted price anyway.

Are there hotels with better amenities in town? Sure. But you will have to deal with a lot of noise. For a nice and quiet stay at a tremendous value, you would be hard pressed to find a place better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the building
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank clanecks
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I could not have been more pleased with the accommodations at this property. I have small children and cleanliness is very important to me, when I walked into the room and saw how clean it was, my mind was put to rest. The rooms are very clean, well kept and maintained. We had a room on the back of the property overlooking the pool. The view in the back was remarkable, and really set the mood for our vacation. The manager was very helpful and gave us information about the surrounding area and popular local venues. At night my husband and I sat in the spa for 30 mins (just what I needed for my back), and started teaching the kids how to swim. It was perfect. We made memories we will remember for a long time. Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tp_traveler_123
Rock Falls, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

It was close to the play we went to see. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. The room was clean. I could have my dog which is very important to me. The manager was helpful with anything we needed and more. He even took the time to show us how to get freebie tickets for the play we were seeing. The breakfast was not the best but it was continental breakfast so you get what you pay for. It wasnt a disappointment. I plan to stay at this hotel again next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Nice management. Name changed to Eureka Express Inn. Upgraded our room. It was very quiet. The pool looked nice although it was not really warm enough for us to swim. The hotel manager was helpful and gave good advise.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The manager was very rude from the day I checked into the hotel
First he did not want to provide us with fresh pool towels and expected us to reuse the wet ones
He was going to force us to clean up spilled milk outside the breakfast bar
A skunk had found its way into the GATED pool area while there were children swimming. And when I brought this up the next day the manager denied it.
The railing going into the hot tub was broken and almost caused me to fall
Also the hot tub itself was broken and the jets did not work – the manager claimed that this was because too many people used it – that my friend means its broken.
The hotel manager was not helpful in any aspect and was frequently stubborn and rude.
All in all there is not one single thing about this hotel I can say was good. It completely ruined my vacation.
I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE… in fact I would have preferred sleeping in my car the entire weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

5 Thank Jen M

Travellers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The manager of the hotel was treating my friends and I differently than other guest because we were 18 yr old girls. When we called to book the room we had five girls and we told the receptionist, she said it was ok, booked us a room w/ 2 beds. When we arrived a lady was already there and pissed because she was promised an early check-inn but no one was there to even unlock the door. Later on we went to swim and asked for towels but the manager Arun had an attitude about there was 4 and now 5 girls. We said there was always 5 girls. He said ok. When we went to shower there were only 3 shower towels. Whenever I've fine to hotels there r 4. We had bugs in the room. The next night we wanted to swim and exchange our dirty towels for clean ones but Arun had a problem about it and complained to us that we were using up all the towels even though we brought them back. That night in the hot tub only 2 jets worked and the average temp felt 85* degrees. We had a skunk in the gated area of the hot tub, scaring us and other children. The next morning a friend and I went to breakfast at 8:40am (its open from 7-9) I got a small cereal w/ milk. Just after 9 Arun comes in and says its 9 so I am closing the place up and locks all the doors. This does mean/ indicate he wants me out. I took my bowl threw everything else away and sat on a bench outside w/ my friend. When i was finished there were no trash cans nearby and I was too intimated to knock on the door and ask him if could through my bowl away. I knew he was probably watching us and I didn't want to dump the milk on plants, so I dumped it near the wall amongst the floor. not even a second later he unlock the door and yells at me saying I can throw it away in the trash can. I say thanks and dumped it. I sit back on the bench w/ my friend he comes out and looks at my puddle and starts yelling at me. he asks did I do this? I say yes. he asks again. I reply. he then tells me to clean it up myself. CUSTOMER SERVICE 101 never tell the customer what to do

• Stayed July 2012