“Absolutely rude!!”

Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Carthage, MO
“Absolutely rude!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2006

My husband just got back from graduating AIT and we were planning to spend the weekend at this hotel. Due to his military schedule change, I called to cancel our reservation (in plenty of time). The woman on the phone abruptly interrupted me and asked how we had booked our reservation and I told her through the Howard Johnson website. She was extremely rude and told me there was NOTHING she could do and that I would have to cancel online. My reservation even stated if we needed to cancel, to call their phone # directly. I told her I was traveling and didn't have access to a computer at that time, and asked her if there was anyway possible to cancel through our call. I've never NOT been able to cancel through calling as long as I had a cancellation number and gave plenty of notice. She was very rude on the phone and had no phone etiquette at all!

We are still planning on visiting Eureka Springs, but will in NO WAY ever stay at this hotel! I've stayed in many hotels, and have never been treated so rude! Stay somewhere friendly!

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank KBrook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2005

Rooms were clean, view was Great. Staff (2 indian ladies) were extremely rude. Could not get an extra towel, pillow, or blanket. For breakfast they made us feel like we were bothering them to make a pot of coffee or get some orange juice. Will not stay till management changes.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

st louis
Reviewed 2 November 2005

Too far away from most of the attractions--altho it is close to Passion Play.
Pretty much vacant--we weren't sure about the safety. Also, the desk clerk seemed to be locked-in.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank grandmammy
Bella Vista, Ar
Reviewed 22 July 2005

This hotel & it's small staff were very nice & courteous. Continental breakfast was great. It is located indirectly across the street, but close to "The Great Passion Play". At first glance I thought we had made a bad choice because there are unoccupied buisnesses next door. It is also located away from the Tourist Traffic. After we checked in & saw our room & the hot tub and pool we decided it was a good choice after all.
The Trolley stop is at the front of the hotel & runs till 6:00 each evening. We did not ride from there, but instead departed our tour from the Tour center a few miles up the road. All in all it was a good trip & a nice quiet place to stay with access to all Eureka Springs has to offer.

• Stayed June 2005