“Fall girls trip”

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Longview, Texas
“Fall girls trip”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Comfort Inn is a wonderful place to stay in Eureka Springs, AR. It is very close to town and the Passion Play. It's not the newest Motel but it is decorated very well and is very classy. When I'm in the area again I'll do my best to stay there. A beautiful garden area surrounds the complimentary breakfast dining area. An overall great experience.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room on the back side - garden side of the motel - quieter and most beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank maveickkr
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you so very much for great comment! We do have the best location with in a short drive of all Eureka Springs attraction. Plus we're on the Trolley route and they can take you anywhere in town you wish to go. Our garden area is a staple of the hotel and is always changing with different beautiful flowers almost all year round along with being lit with hundreds of lights at Christmas time! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you back again! Thanks again for your comment!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Midwest, USA
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been traveling on a regular basis to Eureka Springs for 20+ years. I have probably stayed in almost every hotel /motel, seen it all. Been there, done that. If you want to be comfortable this is the hotel for you. They accept AAA discount. The woman checking me in, after seeing I was a rewards member of frequent Comfort Inn Family, explained that I qualified for a late check out. This was the cherry on the sundae!! I had been on a long family road trip and this was one of our last nights coming home. What a joy it was knowing that we didn't have to check out the next day until 2:30!!
First of all, DO sign up to be a "rewards member"- it doesn't cost anything and takes less than a minute.So what else did I get? A good price on a room w/ 2 queens. Some places don't have queens (one hotel near didn't know what a queen size bed was-??) but only doubles.
In room- a.c. that really worked!!! Had been traveling through the south and by this time I wasn't going to play any games with climate control. Room was very clean. Had a mini fridge and microwave inside. Nice big flat screen. WIFI that actually worked! Was able to park right outside our room. Quiet, secure.
We were in a non- smoking room and am glad it did NOT smell like smoke (this happens at some places). Good news for smokers- there are a couple different areas on the hotel grounds that one can smoke. One in our traveling party smokes and was thankful there was an appropriate place near, yet away from bothering others to actually sit down in some shade and enjoy a smoke and the flowers.
Not sure about pets...honestly I am NOT a pet person. IF I see an animal on site I will not stay at that hotel. Our room smelled very clean, and I can guarantee no stinky Lassy had been in there. There was an outdoor pool. It is a smaller area, but very clean etc. Water wasn't very warm, yet not surprising since it was only end of June.
Breakfast...someone in our group has mobility issues...if would have been helpful to know IN ADVANCE that the breakfast is served in a Hospitality room on the far side of this property. It is kind of strange. Quite a scenic walk and lots of steps to get to. Person in our party would not have been able to walk there if had wanted to. I talked with the front desk about this and they told me it is possible for an employee to get a golf cart and transport someone this way. I find it odd that this isn't presented to customers prior to checking in. Especially that the woman checking us in knew that we would need a handicapped parking space. We did not need a special handicap room, so maybe it didn't occur to her that this would be an issue. Perhaps an accidental oversight- but when a customer uses a handicap placard..so are they compliant or not..to what extent, I don't know. If someone in your party has mobility issues etc, CALL the hotel in advance to inquire.
At this particular Comfort Inn, it has supposedly won a special Comfort Inn award for its design and deco- Victorian look. And is also known for its special breakfasts. Well... I wouldn't give them an award for their breakfast. It WAS better than a normal hotel free breakfast. Food seemed the same, yet they try and present it in a nicer way. What is the difference is that there were two young men standing "on duty" taking your dirty dishes away for you, constantly cleaning the area. That was nice. I believe they can't clean too much at these places.
All staff friendly. Everything went well also at check-out.
For the price, it is a good bet for this town. I wouldn't pay more for any other place bc it wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't want to drop down and stay in a cheaper place bc these are usually dated properties and just don't provide all of the things you will get here.
And if you are staying awhile, it is located on the trolley stop.
I will be staying here again soon. If I find this place has not improved with their access to breakfast building I will be disappointed. Be looking for my next review of Comfort Inn. I will tell it like it is. I also heard they may be changing this to a Quality Inn- I hope not. It is fine this way. But if they are going to make updates- super. That is one of the downfalls of lodging in this town is that many places do not make updates and want to rely on a Granny Victorian feel- which I don't find comfortable or clean! This property seems well maintained. I recommend staying here. Again, don't pay more than this price range for anything in this town. Happy travels!

Room Tip: We were facing the highway and it was quiet. I suspect if you take a room on the pool side it will b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for your comment and a big thanks for the plug about the Choice Privileges program. There are a lot of perks for Choice Privilege Members other than the points you earn for staying at a Choice Hotel property, Late Check Out is one of those perks. I do apologize that you were not forewarned of the stairs to our breakfast area seeing as you ask where you could find handicapped parking, I will make sure that all of our desk clerks inform handicapped guests at check in of their options to get to the breakfast room and again I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you back again soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Clean, comfortable, convenient and courteous staff. Enjoyed our stay very much. The surrounds were so beautiful and relaxing and well maintained. I will definitely book here again when I return to Eureka Springs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the mountains and grounds.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so very much for your great comment & the awesome pictures! I'm am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be back again! Hope to see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I spent one night here. We chose the hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and they are accurate.

Our room with a king-size bed was located on the back side overlooking the pool and it was very quiet. Our room was just average size, but adequate for our needs. Our bathroom was very large and equipped for anyone with special needs. Our room was decorated in dark colors, making it appear old and requiring lights at all times, but we assumed this was done on purpose in keeping with the Victorian theme of the town. The staff was knowedgable and helpful about restaurants and things to do in the area. The parking area is large enough to handle needs even on a full night.

The breakfast room is in a building behind the hotel, down a long flight of stairs. We are very conscious of accomodations for people with special needs. When we asked about easier access we were told they have a golf cart to the door for anyone needing assistance. We did not need to use this. The breakfast room is very large and there was plenty of seating even though the hotel was full. Breakfast selections were typical of other Comfort Inns and very adequate, with both cold and hot items, including waffle irons.

We were pleased with our stay and would not hesitate to stay here again...

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for one on the back side, overlooking the pool and gardens.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank like2travel1
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you so very much for your great comment! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here once before several years ago. It is conveniently located and the personnel are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is an elevator so any floor is no problem. A breakfast of a variety of foods was located in a nice room next to the wooded area of the gardens. Flowers were still blooming the end of October so the gardens are really nice. Loved the view from the third floor. Ask for a room on the backside to avoid the highway traffic noise.

• Stayed October 2013
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you so much for your Awesome comment! I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again and again!!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I are Diamond Elite members of Choice Hotels' frequent stayer program (which means we are in Choice hotels waaayyy to much) and by far the best breakfast in all of America that we have been to is the Comfort Inn at Eureka Springs. Everything is fresh, the milk is cold, the biscuits are warm and soft, the butter isn't frozen and the homemade quiche and bakery goodies are excellent! It is the little touches that make a huge difference and when we are in Eureka Springs there is no choice but the Comfort Inn. Soon to be the Quality Inn but same great facility and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for your great comment! We too believe we have the best breakfast by far of any other Choice Hotel, it's just nice to hear it from a traveled Choice Privilege member! Glad to also hear you won't be staying anywhere else but here when in Eureka! Thanks again! See you soon!
Hounslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for 3 days and it was a great place to stay. The room was clean and we'll maintained. The view from the room was awesome. The breakfast was great and all of the staff was wonderful. We highly recommend the Comfort Inn for anyone staying in Eureka Springs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comment! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back again soon!