“very nice”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice place to stay, excellent staff! Will be back again for pleasure. Would be a wonderful motorcycle trip, beautiful scenery. and a lot of History. many things to offer. don't try to do it all take your time and enjoy.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad one!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you so very much for your awesome comment! Can't wait to see you guys back again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel.... First of all it was beautifully decorated... We were given a room without a fridge, and was going to be there 5 days... Felt we needed one so went to front desk... Beth was working and moved us into an inside room with a fridge.... It was a great room and we so appreciated her being so nice and helpful... The breakfast was very good and staff was very nice and helpful.. It was served in the Victorian tea room which was really cute... The grounds were very pretty... I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location... Going back in feb and sure we will stay again.. Thank you for a very pleasant vacation..

Room Tip: We stayed in inside suite which was wonderful.... Very spacious and nice room... Bed was extremely c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you so very much for your comment and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Not all of our rooms have refrigerators but we do have some upgraded rooms that do have refrigerators and our Executive & Luxury Suites have refrigerators and microwaves. I am glad to hear Beth helped you out in finding the room that would suite your length of stay. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

If I were writing this rating based on front desk personnel only, I would have to add another rating circle! Friendly, friendly staff that bent over backwards to meet our requests. Even upgraded us for free because the room they originally put us in was not what we had booked. The room itself was okay, not huge, but still plenty comfortable. Bed was fine and I'm pretty picky about having a comfortable bed. Bathroom was large, but a awkward in arrangement of fixtures. Let's just say the location of the toilet vs the location of the door wasn't thought through - knees and toes were in danger. The bathroom definitely needed maintenance attention, as in maintenance man. (probably mainly due to building settling, we were in the older, back building). To be totally honest, the bathroom could've also benefited from a good, deep scrubbing. But it was okay, I wouldn't consider it "dirty" and wasn't uncomfortable in there. The grounds outside were interesting and pleasant to view, especially at Christmas time. (By the way, the lobby decorations were gorgeous! Beautiful, huge Christmas tree!) The free breakfast was a standard Comfort Inn breakfast, except they did have quiche as a choice, which was a nice touch. Wide variety of foods to choose from. Would I stay here again? Quite possibly. There were no deal breakers, it's just a little run down. I would definitely like to transfer their front desk staff to every hotel I'll be staying at in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your comment! I am pleased to hear that our staff is what made your stay. I am sorry that you felt the room was dated but on the bright side of that as we continue through our transition from a Comfort Inn into a Quality Inn all of our rooms will be going through some renovations. I will pass along your compliments of our lobby Christmas decor to our Front Desk Manager, Justin, seeing as he did all the decorating. Thanks again for the comment and I do hope we see you again sometime!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is not your typical Comfort Inn. It was very Victorian looking -not the usually motel look. The people working the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The grounds are pretty, and the breakfast was delicious! The only low point of our stay was our couples massage (they offer the service at the hotel). It was truly horrible. We paid for a half hour massage each, and I would say there was only about 10 minutes of actual massaging. They literally spent 10 minutes of the massage just holding our heads up. We were able to laugh about it afterwards. In fact, we still joke about it now, but when I think about the money we spent on it, it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so very much for your comment. I am glad to hear over all you enjoyed your stay. We are a very unique Comfort Inn built to resemble the Victorian Architecture you can find all over town. As you mentioned our stay is very helpful and well versed in great restaurants, area attractions, festivals and all the goings on in town! I was saddened to read you weren't happy with your couples massage. I will do my best to look into this so other guests don't run into the same issue and end up with an unhappy experience. It is our goal to offer the best guest experience in every area of the hotel. I again apologize for the bad experience and hope you'll give us and the massage therapists another shot! Thanks again for your comment and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My daddy (87 and handicap) and I (teacher) stayed at this hotel last Christmas break. We are gold members and travel as often as we can. It was very cold weather (door face outside - only down side to hotel). The team working in this hotel is great. They were very helpful and kind to us. I can't say enough good things about them. If we are in the area again, we will stay here. They even helped us out so we didn't have to get out in the cold for breakfast. Everything here was great. I can't say enough good things about them. If we are in the area again, we will stay here. They have a massage person on the property. Call ahead and make an appointment. You will be glad. Thank you to the staff for making our trip so nice. (Sorry for the late posting.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so very much for your awesome comment! I am very happy to hear that our staff is the reason you plan on returning again. We do our best to go out of our way to make your stay amazing not matter what time of year! Thank you again for your comment and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Comfort Inn is a wonderful place to stay in Eureka Springs, AR. It is very close to town and the Passion Play. It's not the newest Motel but it is decorated very well and is very classy. When I'm in the area again I'll do my best to stay there. A beautiful garden area surrounds the complimentary breakfast dining area. An overall great experience.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room on the back side - garden side of the motel - quieter and most beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank maveickkr
COMFYPATS, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you so very much for great comment! We do have the best location with in a short drive of all Eureka Springs attraction. Plus we're on the Trolley route and they can take you anywhere in town you wish to go. Our garden area is a staple of the hotel and is always changing with different beautiful flowers almost all year round along with being lit with hundreds of lights at Christmas time! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you back again! Thanks again for your comment!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been traveling on a regular basis to Eureka Springs for 20+ years. I have probably stayed in almost every hotel /motel, seen it all. Been there, done that. If you want to be comfortable this is the hotel for you. They accept AAA discount. The woman checking me in, after seeing I was a rewards member of frequent Comfort Inn Family, explained that I qualified for a late check out. This was the cherry on the sundae!! I had been on a long family road trip and this was one of our last nights coming home. What a joy it was knowing that we didn't have to check out the next day until 2:30!!
First of all, DO sign up to be a "rewards member"- it doesn't cost anything and takes less than a minute.So what else did I get? A good price on a room w/ 2 queens. Some places don't have queens (one hotel near didn't know what a queen size bed was-??) but only doubles.
In room- a.c. that really worked!!! Had been traveling through the south and by this time I wasn't going to play any games with climate control. Room was very clean. Had a mini fridge and microwave inside. Nice big flat screen. WIFI that actually worked! Was able to park right outside our room. Quiet, secure.
We were in a non- smoking room and am glad it did NOT smell like smoke (this happens at some places). Good news for smokers- there are a couple different areas on the hotel grounds that one can smoke. One in our traveling party smokes and was thankful there was an appropriate place near, yet away from bothering others to actually sit down in some shade and enjoy a smoke and the flowers.
Not sure about pets...honestly I am NOT a pet person. IF I see an animal on site I will not stay at that hotel. Our room smelled very clean, and I can guarantee no stinky Lassy had been in there. There was an outdoor pool. It is a smaller area, but very clean etc. Water wasn't very warm, yet not surprising since it was only end of June.
Breakfast...someone in our group has mobility issues...if would have been helpful to know IN ADVANCE that the breakfast is served in a Hospitality room on the far side of this property. It is kind of strange. Quite a scenic walk and lots of steps to get to. Person in our party would not have been able to walk there if had wanted to. I talked with the front desk about this and they told me it is possible for an employee to get a golf cart and transport someone this way. I find it odd that this isn't presented to customers prior to checking in. Especially that the woman checking us in knew that we would need a handicapped parking space. We did not need a special handicap room, so maybe it didn't occur to her that this would be an issue. Perhaps an accidental oversight- but when a customer uses a handicap placard..so are they compliant or not..to what extent, I don't know. If someone in your party has mobility issues etc, CALL the hotel in advance to inquire.
At this particular Comfort Inn, it has supposedly won a special Comfort Inn award for its design and deco- Victorian look. And is also known for its special breakfasts. Well... I wouldn't give them an award for their breakfast. It WAS better than a normal hotel free breakfast. Food seemed the same, yet they try and present it in a nicer way. What is the difference is that there were two young men standing "on duty" taking your dirty dishes away for you, constantly cleaning the area. That was nice. I believe they can't clean too much at these places.
All staff friendly. Everything went well also at check-out.
For the price, it is a good bet for this town. I wouldn't pay more for any other place bc it wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't want to drop down and stay in a cheaper place bc these are usually dated properties and just don't provide all of the things you will get here.
And if you are staying awhile, it is located on the trolley stop.
I will be staying here again soon. If I find this place has not improved with their access to breakfast building I will be disappointed. Be looking for my next review of Comfort Inn. I will tell it like it is. I also heard they may be changing this to a Quality Inn- I hope not. It is fine this way. But if they are going to make updates- super. That is one of the downfalls of lodging in this town is that many places do not make updates and want to rely on a Granny Victorian feel- which I don't find comfortable or clean! This property seems well maintained. I recommend staying here. Again, don't pay more than this price range for anything in this town. Happy travels!

Room Tip: We were facing the highway and it was quiet. I suspect if you take a room on the pool side it will b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for your comment and a big thanks for the plug about the Choice Privileges program. There are a lot of perks for Choice Privilege Members other than the points you earn for staying at a Choice Hotel property, Late Check Out is one of those perks. I do apologize that you were not forewarned of the stairs to our breakfast area seeing as you ask where you could find handicapped parking, I will make sure that all of our desk clerks inform handicapped guests at check in of their options to get to the breakfast room and again I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you back again soon!