“Absolutely wonderful place to stay in Eureka Springs”
Review of Chantilly Lace Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chantilly Lace Inn
Ranked #47 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I stayed at Chantilly Lace Inn for my wedding suites last month. I took my four bridesmaids Friday night and we had a great time there. All my bridesmaids were surprised to see how pretty the Inn is. The Inn is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect place for me to get ready for my wedding day. After the wedding, me and my hubby stayed an extra night there and we couldn't ask for a better place for the night after wedding. Chantilly Lace Inn also planned my whole wedding, it was beautiful and memorable and we couldn't have that without Susane's help! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
ArbourGlen, Owner at Chantilly Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

This guest was getting married so the details were imperative that her day was perfect. We had the bridal party the night before, and the bride & groom in our Micah's Somewhere in Time the night of their wedding. It is always easy when you have such kind wonderful guests such as Yoyo and Phillip. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 9 December 2010

The Chanitlly Inn had a romatic feel! The house was beautifully decorated and you did feel you took a step back in time. Rose petals were placed on the bed (not real but at first glance appeared to be real) and the toilet paper had a rosette made from the beginning of the toilet paper roll. Our first disappoint was there was a Christmas Parade which prevented us from accessing the inn. We were not advised that there would be one which would keep us from getting to the inn. We advised the inn keeper that we would arrive after three p.m. Three p.m. is the check- in time. She did not ask what time we would arrive - you were to advise them if you would be arriving after 3 p.m. Guest are advised not to park in the front of the inn, but to use the parking behind the inn. You are to park in front only for loading and unloading. The other guest did not observe this recommendation. After finally arriving at the inn much later than expected due to the parade, we were force to unload our car from the parking lot at the rear of the property. The information indicated that there were stairs that lead from the parking lot to the inn. They don't tell you that they are very steep and uneven- beautiful - made of field stone, but treacherous. This inn is not for the elderly or handicap. Besides the back steps there was a step stool you must climb to get in and out of the tub/shower. To makes matters worse the lights were out! There were 2 flood lights which did not work - we are assuming or light not left on. Imagine carriying luggage up a step winding pathway with no lights!!!!!!!!!! The people in the suite next to us were older so I sure they had no other choice than park out front and block the other guest. We were glad that they were enjoying themselves, but it kind of kills the romance when you can hear every word from the people on the other side of the wall and forget sleeping late! It seems they were having a reunion with family or friends, so they were in suite that accomodated more than one couple. Do not use your GPS to find the inn - that also was a nightmare! It would tell you to turn left and the street only went to the right. The people in the area are very friendly and helpful! They even tried to call the innkeeper for us. We called the number given on our confirmation letter 3 or 4 different times and was never able to reach any one. There was a note left in the suite that explained that there was no office on sight at the property. That would have been nice to know!! I guess that is why we were never able to reach someone. The note said if you have a problem to call this number, so they could attempt to fix the problem. Well it was too late then. The suite was clean in most areas but the carpet in the bedroom was dirty. There was an refreshment center, but the little fridge was old rusty and the hardward on the inside of the door missing. It was also dirty. They had envelope where you could leave the housekeeper a tip. I left her/him a note on the envelope explaining that I had cleaned the refrigerator for her/him - that was my tip!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
ArbourGlen, Owner at Chantilly Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2010

We thank the review for the many compliments on the Inn. We are glad they found the Inn romantic and beautifully decorated and clean. And noticing the little touches that make our Inn more memorable such as the rose petals, towels fan pleated, monogrammed bath robes, and even the rosettes made from the beginning of the toilet paper roll.

I am surprised the first disappointment was in regards to a Christmas parade. The reviewer states this caused them to be even further delayed in arriving then what they had planned. There are two primary streets in Eureka with Spring Street being one of them. The Inn is located on Spring Street, but there is more then one way to get to the Inn. However, as the reviewer mentions, their GPS did not work in Eureka. An issue I have no control over.

The reviewer does say at this point she tried to call us. This may have been as I often encourage guests to call me when they arrive so they do not waste time riding around. However, our phone shows all calls received or missed. We did check our phone for missed calls and found none from the reviewer. However, it is not unusual for some cell phone carriers to not work in Eureka. And I suspect this was the issue. If you see our other reviews, we have been and continue to be very responsive to our customers as we know this is important to our business.

There are many ways with all of our streets in Eureka to access the Inn. Our town is small and quaint and the parade did not last any more then approx. 30 minutes. The parade was at 6:00 p.m. The guests stated they would arrive at 3:00 p.m.

We send a letter attached in an email confirmation (sent 11/29 and again 12/2 when I didn’t get a confirmation) that states we do not have an office at the Inn (every bit of our space is dedicated for the guest suites), and it gives instructions on what to do when they arrive. It also asks that the guest please confirm back that they have read the email and attached letter detailing the instructions. A generic copy is also located in the Inn.

This same letter also states that since we are intermingled with residential homes as well as other lodgings that it is preferred to use our parking lot to keep harmony with our neighbors. It is not mandatory and they could have unloaded in front of the Inn and should have. The reviewer comments the steps were treacherous. I found this to be a strong word for about maybe 7 steps that are made of block limestone which have been there for many years and are typical of Eureka Springs and indigenous to the area and gives it much of its European charm known to Eureka. And many of the homes, stores, buildings, etc have these same steps. Ours are kept clean and both sides of the step have walls to hold on to. We did check the lights and did find them to be in working order but will continue to keep an eye on them. The pathway is lined with lights as well.

The tub/shower that the reviewer mentions is a Jacuzzi tub and is deep as Jacuzzi tubs normally are. This is why we have a step stool in front of the tub so if someone does have trouble getting in and out, they can step in and out with ease using the step stool. This is also for safety as well. This was a first that an issue on the tub.

The reviewer mentions others guests in the Inn, we did have guests in our two bedroom suite. However, it is an Inn and I haven’t had issues with noise in the past so I am not sure what happened and not able to address at this time.

I am not sure what was meant by the carpet being dirty. We talked to our cleaning staff, went to the Inn to address all the issues in the review and did not find the carpet dirty. In the regards to the small refrigerator, the fridge is located inside an antique armoire. It is a small 1.5 cubic ft. refrigerator and sits on the bottom shelf of the armoire. We put complimentary bottle water in it for guests. It is old, but it works and it is clean. This should not be held against the housekeeper as the reviewer remarks that this was the housekeepers tip – (contradicting that the reviewer found the Inn clean) that was a mean comment. This is the owner’s decision and actually we did replace it.

We have no control over parades, if a GPS works or not, and do not feel we should be held accountable in the review for this. Part of discovering the town is what many find the magic in when discovering Eureka including the magic of a Christmas parade.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

As a native of the area,I have stayed in many places in Eureka Springs.I can easily say Chantilly Lace is hands down the best place I have stayed! So cozy and comfortable,fantastic location and SO clean!
Stayed here with my husband,mother and two daughters ages 13 and 4.My girls fell in love with the upstairs bedroom! They felt so special to spend time there.It's like a picture out of a fairytale book.The downstairs bedroom was equally amazing! So private and quiet...wonderful sleep! Liked the spacious private bathroom in that room also.
The owners are lovely.Great communication,very willing to make your stay the best possible.
I will definately return and recommend it to others!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
ArbourGlen, Owner at Chantilly Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Thank you for the great review. Our goal is for our guests to have a worry free stay and want to return! We hope to see you again soon. Susane Gruning

Reviewed 26 October 2010

We have paid in full and tried to reschedule our stay at this inn after 2 of my 3 sisters had catastrophic health events less than a week before our arrival. The owners refuse to allow us to reschedule after the minimum of 2 months required for recovery for both sisters. I have never experienced more harsh and unsympathetic customer service. southern hospitality is truly dead. They actually hung up on me when I talked to them. They have over $400 dollars for the total charge for our original 3 day stay and plan to pocket the entire amount without any possible option for rescheduling.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
ArbourGlen, Owner at Chantilly Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2010

We take these types of reviews to heart. So much passion goes into trying to make our Inn a success so that it can be enjoyed by many guests and repeat guests. I am sure I speak for many other lodging owners/innkeepers as well because we work incredibly hard at what we do because we love our career, and we love our guests. We take everything about our business personally, because it is personal.

We are quite surprised by how this review was written. This party canceled their booking just THREE (3) days before they were due to check in during our busiest month of the year. Our policy clearly states (of which they agreed to) that you must cancel 14 days PRIOR to check-in to receive a full refund.

The reason of the cancellation was NOT due to catastrophic health as stated by the reviewer. It was due to the injury of 1 of the 4 people in the party who got hurt, and even though they said the other 3 could still make the trip, they did not want to unless it was all four.

We immediately were empathetic to their situation and we offered viable alternatives. ** We agreed to allow them to rebook within the following TWO months. I also told them if we rebooked their dates I would give them a full refund. I released the dates from our on-line reservation system; I even posted this availability on Facebook. We also offered a weekend to them even though they had a mid-week booking with a discounted rate. However, I was told that all four would have a hard time with their schedules due to do other travel outside of the country, and additional health issues that came up AFTER the cancellation.

In addition to the online reservation, I also send out a confirmation with a review of the policies again. We tried to work with this party outside of not only our policy, but during a month that is known to be our busiest month in town for the whole year. This room was blocked preventing any opportunity for us to rebook. At no time has anyone in the party acknowledged this.

Then one of the sisters took the lead and basically after this the situation went down-hill quickly. This person was belligerent, derogatory and trying to bully us into refunding them. Even asking us what would happen if they did choose dates but then just absolutely hated the Inn, I was really caught off guard and asked her why she thought she would. She frankly stated that she would do anything to get their money back. At no time did this party offer new dates with in the 2 month time-frame but kept finding angles of how to get out of a commitment they made.

We did try to work with this party; but it became clear they had no intention of rebooking nor did they want to be held accountable for the policy agreed to at time of booking. (You much check a box before you can finalize your booking that you agree and understand the policies). We cannot run our business on the unpredictability of others schedules. This is why we hold such strict cancellation policies. We can try to accommodate in a reasonable fashion and we did try. In addition, part of the policy states a $25 cancellation fee which was not charged to this party.

**CANCELLATION POLICY: We are a small, privately-owned business and due to our small size, cancellations impact us significantly. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of filling your suite. For this reason we uphold a strict policy.
• Reservations must be canceled 14 days prior to the arrival date for a refund. If cancellation is made less than 14 days before your reservation date you will forfeit the full payment. A $25 booking fee will be deducted from your deposit for all cancellations. (WE RECEIVED 3 DAYS)
• Bookings within 14 days are non cancel-able.
• One night bookings discount rates and extras are non refundable/non-cancel-able and payment is made in full at time of reservation. (THIS WAS A DISCOUNTED RATE)
• Peak nights, discount rates, events, etc. are non-refundable. For peak nights your room charge will be charged in full upon your reservation. These peak events include, but are not limited to, Discount Specials, Special Events, and Month of October. (THIS WAS ALSO CONSIDERED PEAK NIGHTS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER AS STATED HERE)
• Reservations are guaranteed with a credit card. Full payments required for one night and discounted specials. Both are non refundable but under severe circumstance may be rescheduled within 30 days as available – some restrictions may apply. WE OFFERED TWO MONTHS!!!!

At this point we were getting nowhere, frustrated and tired of the emails, phone calls, etc. we decided to withdraw the offer of the extension. We do not want someone like this at our inn or around other customers who are there to enjoy themselves. We did not have to offer to rebook, but we did. In our five years as Inn-owners we only had a handful of cancellations all of which the guests were grateful to rebook with 15 – 30 days with no issue.

We are sorry this took an unfortunate turn; however, it is not due to our lack of trying but a customer trying to take advantage and not be accountable to the policies to which they agreed.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

We had a great stay at the Chantilly Lace Inn. It is so charming and sweet. The owners are very ready to help in any case. We didn't get there until late and they were happy to assist in questions we had, and left the front porch light on.
The Chantilly Garden Suite is like a page out of a storybook. The lovely paintings and murals are just splendid.
I would recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank jeresusiside

Thank you for the positive review! Even though we do not live at the property, we do try to accommodate our guests and ensure they have everything they need. Whether it is a late check in, late check out, extra coffee, flowers delivered, breakfast delivered, we will try our best to make sure your stay is memorable and stress free.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

My daughters had no idea what I had reserved for them. When they walked in, they immediately felt special. The decor was exactely what I wanted themto experience.. Our big surprise was the upstairs. Each of the 3 beds were in an alcove and decorated like a princess' bed. The art work on the walls were professional and pleasing to the eyes.
Their comments were, ":Mom we are staying in a dolls house!" The few days we were there were perfect. I truly believe the stay at Chantilly Lace was reason why.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
ArbourGlen, Owner at Chantilly Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2010

Thank you for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed the stay. We think we have a nice Inn as well and love to share it! Hope you will be able to make it back.

Warm Regards,

Susane Gruning

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed at Chantilly Lace Inn for a 3 day get away to just rest and recharge. We stayed downstairs and enjoyed the screened in sitting area especially in the morning with the birds chirping and a cup of coffee. An additional plus to being in the quiet part of Eureka Springs is being able to walk 10 minutes to the shopping / restaurant of Spring Street., we walked the hills and streets even to breakfast and only once used the car when I did not want to care all the shopping bags back up the hill. We have stayed in Eureka several times before and want to again this fall when there is a bite in the air and the leaves are changing.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Inn. I think the back screened in porch is my favorite place to have coffee as well. Don't forget about our loyalty customer discounts! We would love to see you come back.

Warm regards,