“One of the best restaurants in Vaucluse.”
Review of Hotel Les Remparts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venasque
Hotel Les Remparts
Ranked #2 of 6 Venasque B&B and Inns
Cairo, Egypt
“One of the best restaurants in Vaucluse.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We only went for Dinner at the restaurant. They told us that service starts at 7 pm which was 40 minutes later and offered us to wait in the outside terrace and have some drinks. Then they moved us to the restaurant exactly on time. First I should say that the service was extremely efficient and prompt by the 4 persons that were serving. The food was mouth watering and simply sumptuous. An excellent well cooked meal with nice wine (recommended by our waitress). The desert was amazing (Creme Brulee with lavender). Finally the bill was reasonable for that kind of evening. My wife keeps telling everyone of our friends about how lovely this restaurant is.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We recently stayed here for one night and loved every minute of it. We are on a cycling tour of Provence (just my husband and I) and we arrived having had 4 punctures that day! The staff couldn't do enough for us, even insisted on checking our tyres and mended two tubes. The room was delightful, the meals superb and of course the view was magnificent....I thoroughly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Forget all the other budget places in Venasque.
Great value for clean rooms with friendly service in great location!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank diana r
Aars, Denmark
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I guess I should not recommend since there is a risk of this gem becoming too crowded with the time. Must say I found it hard to believe that this place really could live up to the nice pictures on their web site - but the place is just as nice as at looks on the PC.
Good food from the restaurant although - as it is quite common in France - breakfast was a little sparse.
I would say going to this place is best with just a little knowledge of the French language. Only a few of them seem to speak english but with a little "bonjour" or "merci" here and there you should be able to manage.
We definitely will get back some other time and pray that not too many people have discovered the charm of Venasque in the meantime

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MBSorensen
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I'm extremely conflicted about this review. I had originally stayed at this hotel with my mother back in 2001 and was so enamored by the place and its restaurant that I returned 10 years later, again with my mother, and young son. We were so excited to be back and looked forward to another great dining experience as well.

We were traveling around Provence and stopped by to speak with co-owner Pierre about room availability. He confirmed that the following night was full (a Tuesday), but that Wednesday and Thursday were both free. We told him we would discuss it and return shortly to book if we chose. We walked around the village for about 15 minutes and then returned to make our reservation. When we returned, Pierre was gone, but another very pleasant young woman told us that she could take our reservation. She noted everything down on a paper that we wanted to book BOTH nights, and charged the first night on my credit card. She never asked for any contact telephone or other information from us. I asked again to confirm we had both nights sercured and she assured me all was okay. We left with the certainty that everything was fine.

We returned on Thursday evening and checked in as we expected. Pierre took us up to our room and we settled in nicely. We hand-washed a few pieces of clothes (socks, intimates, etc) and hung them on hangers in the bathroom to dry. The following morning we set out early after breakfast (included in the room price) for a day's outing to Arles.

We came back to Venasque at around 7:30pm and went straight up to our room to freshen up for dinner at the hotel restaurant. Much to our shock, when we entered the room, all the personal items we had hung to dry were in a plastic bag on the night stand, as were all of our toiletries that had been laid out in the bathroom the evening before. And, our suitcases were closed and lined up by the door. Upon a careful inspection, I realized that all of our things had been removed from where we had left them the night before!

We quickly went down to the restaurant where I spoke with Pierre. He told me that we had only reserved the room for one night and they had removed all of our things from the room while we were out! Then, he said later they put them back (this seems odd if they truly thought we had checked out). We pointed out that some items of clothing as well as my son's things were missing. Pierre went into the kitchen and brought out a handfull of things and unceremoniously dumped them in my mother's arms, then told us he was too busy with the dinner crowd to assist us.

We were livid, but co-owner and chef Christof was much nicer but no one ever really apologized for the mistake. They just kept making excuses about the woman who had taken our reservation and said she hardly speaks English, even though I told him (and repeated in French) that I made the reservation in 100% French! At this point, I told them that mistakes happen and that's understandable, but that as an owner, he should assume responsibility and acknoweldge that a mistake was made and do anything to make the guest happy. This didn't seem to be high on their priority list. We felt violated as our privacy was invaded. No woman wants her intimates handled by any stranger, least of all, a man.

At this point, our experience was tainted. The next morning as we got ready to leave, my mother noticed that a $60 bottle of her cosmetics (any woman knows how expensive women's make up can be) was missing. We unpacked EVERY SUIT CASE and found nothing. We went down and spoke with Christof (Pierre was not around), Pierre's sister and mother who also worked there. They said that Pierre was the one who had packed our things the day before and that nothing was taken. Christof was also did not believe a cream could cost so much. There was no apology at all. After much arguing, they finally comped us the second night of the room, but only with great reluctance.

The hotel itself is beautiful with wonderful views of the valley. The restaurant also has a delicious menu and is packed every night. If it weren't for this awful experience, I would have nothing but raves for this place. Sadly, it will be my last visit to Les Remparts Hotel.

There is no substitute for good customer service!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank panchita_jones
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2010

nothing can prepare you for the view of this hilltop village. for 57euros/night, we cannot believe our luck.

the people/staff
- very efficient and friendly staff
- most spoke little english but made up for it with the warmest smiles
- natalie showed us to our room, gave us the key without checking our passports/credit cards! was the first time we felt this trusted by any hotel
- good with food advices, but not good with giving advice on where to go around venasque. was better off at the tourist office nearby

room
- in the same building as the restaurant, but different entrance
- kitchen of the restaurant is on 4th floor, so we get amazing food smell drifting into the room everyday :)
- stayed in room 8, the attic room. has low ceiling and ledges - we think thats why natalie gave it to us asian, ha!
- very quiet place room; we hear our neighbors in the lower floors chatting at night.
- no tv or wifi
- heater was working well in the cold night
- bed was hard, by our last and 4th night, we were happy to leave for a softer bed

bathroom/shower/basin
- bathroom is just next to the room door, on the lower end of the room
- but the basin and shower is the in the other end of the room
- small shower with good water but poor circulation in the shower 'cabin'
- due to location of basin vis-a-vis the bathroom vis-a-vis the bed, it was challenging to pee at night cos we gotta walk down to the bathroom, then walk to the other end to wash hands before finally returning to bed. but for the view and the place - its all very worthwhile

restaurant
- packed every night!
- the very best food and wine, we ate there every night and were still looking forward to it after 3 consecutive nights
- the terrace outside is perfect for watching the day go by or the sun set
- efficient and very friendly staff
- must try the provencal menu

the area
- a very small village
- boost a charming tourist office, mediocre bakery, rustic fountain, pretty roads and a small old church. all just 5 mins away from the hotel
- no convenience store nearby
- good place to set up base to visit neighboring towns such as vaucluse, bedoin, menerbes, lacoste & gordes for day trips
- an hour drive from avignon train station
- was impossible to take a bad picture in this village

parking
- just enough for 5 cars, returning late would require some skill to park
- parking was far from the hotel entrance, neither were there and parking space near, so luggage need to be deposited at the corner of the block and slowly carried up the stair to our room

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank loulou_in_uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venasque
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches
Les Oliviers
Les Oliviers
#3 of 6 in Venasque
Maison D'Hotes Le Colombier

Been to Hotel Les Remparts? Share your experiences!