“Delicious Authentic Greek Restraunt”
Review of Zorbas-Zwingereck

Zorbas-Zwingereck
Ranked #61 of 108 Restaurants in Dachau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I came here on a business trip to Munich. It was so good, we may go back against this week, before we head home.

We started with a sampler plate with octopus salad, grape leaves, and many other Greek classics.

For dinner my wife had the roasted/broiled lamb, and I had the classic gyro. Both were absolutely wonderful.

We also split a bottle of wine. We were not sure what to get, so we asked the sommelier to recommend a great wine. After talking with him in English for a minute he said "I'll bring you wine, you'll love it. It's the best from Greece at the moment!!". He was right, we loved it.

Highly recommend trying this place if you wind up in Dachau!

1  Thank JD C

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We were part of a large tour group that went here for lunch after a tour of the Dachau concentration camp, which seems to be a common occurrence :) The food was really tasty. The service was excellent. It was a lovely day and the group ate outdoors. The only real drawback was the graffiti on the building across the street.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stopped here for lunch after a tour of the Dachau concentration camp and the service and food were both outstanding. The lamb dishes were exceptionally good and every dish we ordered arrived very fast considering the fact that there were nearly 20 people in our group from the tour. Highly recommed this restaurant if in the Dachau area.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We also were a part of a tour group of 32 that had a late lunch at Zorba's after visiting the Dachau Camp. The group was welcomed warmly and allowed to seat ourselves. Several of us opted for the outside seating as the weather was not too cold.

The imppecably dressed waiter, who spoke very good english, was right there taking our drink orders and providing an english menu. The house beer is Spaten but weissbier was also available. The drink menu includes cocktails and a well rounded wine selection.

The menu is extensive with most of the usual Greek fare. The dishes are substantial and my companion had to ask for a take away box. The service was prompt and friendly without a lot of fussiness. My companion had the Turkey in mushroom sauce with rice and I had the Gyro plate with frites. Both were brought quickly and were very good. As a treat we ordered baclava for take away as a treat back at the hotel. It was so good with coffee later that evening.

There are probably better Greek restaurants to be found in Germany but this was very good and we would come back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were taken to Zorbas with a tour group after visiting the Dachau concentration camp. The tour direction said that the restaurant manager agreed to stay open a little longer on a Sunday afternoon to accomodate a bus load of tourest.

My wife had a lamb sampler plate and she is still raving about it. She said to also mention the garlic peta bread was a must have.

The thing that I was most impressed with was how fast the food was prepared and presented after ordering for an extensive menu.

I can't remember exactly what I had, but I know it was delicious because we talked about how good the food was there for days.

Service was excellent as well.