“Leaves a lasting memory”

Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
Book In Advance
US$28.77*
and up
Half-Day Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Walking Tour with a Local...
US$51.93*
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It has been a while since I visited this place but it is a place that I and I am sure many others will never forget

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I wanted to visit Dachau for years now and finally got my chance. Although only 2 barracks remain, you cannot leave this place without a multitude of feelings. The museum and movie help prepare those who have less knowledge for viewing this place. The immensity of the main roll-call area left me speechless knowing how many people had stood there before me in horrible pain and torture. I took the opportunity to purchase a book that is only available there and written by a survivor and historian. My only complaint is that the group I was with did not allow enough time and I could've spent much more.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

They have done an excellent job with the museum and preservation of the place. The diferent places of workship that have been placed in the back help to bring comfort to the soul, after the overwhelming feeling you get while touring the grounds.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very quick train and bus ride. I highly recommend the audio tour or even better a tour guide if you get in on a tour. Make sure to see the videos in English which are only given at certain times. We missed out on each one as they filled up fast and did not allow any more people in. Like I said in the title if you have read about Dacha in books and to actually be there was really powerful. I learned a lot of new information I had not known before.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Germany really did a great job with this museum. Enough of the camp was preserved to give a sense of the realities faced here. The museum was incredible! Very thorough, very informative, and very honest. It's a hard history to face, but it's done here and done so very well. We spent three hours and could have used a little longer, but it started to rain too hard. It is something that shouldn't missed. Our 14 year old son loved it. Our 12 year old daughter, not so much: too much reading, she said.