All reviews nice hotel twin room night stay hotel restaurant location is great pseudo craters tour kristen bird hallway ducks sights
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is ok for a night, but rooms are a bit small and noisy given the price for the room. Our booking was lost in the system, which was no problem as we were given a room anyway, but didn’t seem really professional.

The dining area is very nice, we had a lovely meal with a nice view overlooking the lake. Breakfast was certainly ok, but not all products were always present. Staff very friendly though.

The environment is great, next to the craters. The lower rating is mostly based on the rooms themselves. Why the open lost space above the hallway?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Stay734536, Reception Manager at Hotel Gigur by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Annelies B,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Gígur and for taking time to write a review. I am sorry about your lost booking, both technical and human mistakes happen, but I am glad to see that you still got your room right away. We appreciate your nice comments and hope you had a magical time in Iceland.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our room in this hotel was tiny. Very cramped. Barely enough room for one piece of luggage let alone two. The last time I stayed in a room this small it was a hostel at a lot lower price. Breakfast was ok, but our table had not been cleaned, I assume since the night before the first to arrive for breakfast. When we looked at the other tables around us, they too had crumbs etc all over. There is a fantastic view and it is a good location.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear gettaway1,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We are sad to see your comments about our rooms and the lack of cleaning the breakfast tables. I will make sure that that never happens again. We hope you had a great time in Iceland.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights in August and it is a great location for exploring Lake Myvatn. The views from the room and from the property were simply lovely. Right next to the hotel is the trail exploring the Skutustadagigar pseudo-craters which we enjoyed just as well.

There was a misunderstanding regarding laundry service in the hotel but as the manager, Byrgen, sensed how desperate I was to get laundry done, allowed me to use the machines the next day. Thank you, Byrgen! You saved us a lot of running around looking for an alternative to washing our clothes.

The room was comfortable enough. However, the one thing that may have pushed my rating to a 5 is to include a TV in a room and maybe reposition the electrical outlets. They sit way to low near the ground and I can see how a tall or arthritic person might have trouble accessing them. As a full-service hotel, I would have expected a TV in the room as standard. But, it didn't matter too much because we were out super late both days to explore the busy Myvatn region. Too much to see here!

Breakfast was pretty good and we filled up adequately. My favorite was the caviar spread in a tube squeezed onto those delicious crackers. And the pastries were just right, not too sweet. However, dinner options may be limited for those who want to get out of the hotel restaurant circuit or eat at a budget. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a little more comfort than a guesthouse at a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stay734536, Reception Manager at Hotel Gigur by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Lvtvl,

Thank you so much for your thorough review. I'm happy to hear how enjoyable your stay was with us and that you found many things enjoyable throughout your visit. Our location surely is amazing and to be able to explore the pseudo-craters just outside the hotel is a one of a kind experience. We hope you had a great time in Iceland and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Room a little bit small, welcome very nice with staff very smilling. At restaurant, a table has been booked with an excellent view on the lake but this evening, you' ve not diner at the restaurant. We have wait 30' without water and no menu, you have decided to go away. It was too long and it was bad.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Stay734536, Reception Manager at Hotel Gigur by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Taulliraju,

Thank you for staying and for taking time to give us a feedback. It saddens me to see that your experience at our restaurant was far from our standards. We will address this to our staff immediately to make sure that this was a one time thing.
Thank you for the kind words towards our staff. I hope you had a great time in Iceland and that we will see you again one day.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Don't bring much luggage because it may not fit in your room. Tiny rooms and expensive. Don't be too hungry either. Waiter service is very slow, people leaving because they waited for over 10 minutes. Otherwise clean.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Declan E,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking time to write a review. I am very sorry to see that our service was war from our standards and will make sure this will be fixed immediately. I hope your vacation in Iceland is amazing.