Hotel Selfoss
US$91
Hotel Geysir(Selfoss)
US$213
US$164
Arctic Nature Hotel(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$209
Hotel Ork(Hveragerdi)
US$150
US$145
US$314
US$183
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoverlooking the riversecret escapesriverside restaurantlovely modern hotelsteam roomthai restauranthot and cold foodnorthern lightsrelaxation roombreakfast was buffet stylelambstayed here for nightslobster souprooms are largedining roomcouple of nightsthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stopped here to get some sleep as I was driving back from the ferry after the Westman Islands Festival. The gentleman at the desk gave me a half night rate because of the very late arrival time (3:30 AM). The exterior is bland but once you walk in it is very nice and has a modern look.
My room had a river view, was very clean and a nice size. I went straight to sleep and left around 11 am the next day so I can't comment on any of the other services there.
It's not like there are lots of choices in hotels once you leave Reykjavik, especially late at night so I was very happy to have found anyplace !!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JR M
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Even considering Iceland is not a cheap country for hotel, I found this resort not as 4 stars one. The room was quite big, but the fornituires were old. The same is for the bathroom. I booked a double premium room and payed about Euro 200, breakfast included. Breakfast was standard, but not at the expected quality for a 4 stars hotel. Bee carefull as the hotel can be very crowded by tourist operators groups. The reception staff was not friendly. At teh end, I would say this is a non more than 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Recent stay for two nights (July 23 & 24). The original building is showing it's age as you approach the property. As you enter the foyer it is quite pleasant and modern, as was the restaurant/bar/breakfast area, so it was promising, as we were given a river view room.

I guess it was the "luck of the draw" even thought the booking was done months ago, we arrived around 5 pm and was told that the room was not ready. Yes, the view was great but the room was in the older section - the balcony needed a good power washing and there were cigarette butts on the balcony floor. The room was small compared to other places, as you open the door to the bathroom, you walked straight into the toilet which was about 10" from the door and the shower stall is at an angle.

Internet access was hopeless, even though they claimed to have it but did not indicate the best hot spots. At check out, I asked and was told that all the room were the same. It seems that the hotel has been around for about two decades and there is a newer addition but the front desk person did not know the exact years.

Breakfast included a good variety of choices, However,scrambled eggs, mini sausages, hash brown were not hot. Would I stay there again.. probably not.

Room Tip: Request a river view room in the newer section.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I spent a week at the Hotel Selfoss at a conference. The conference facilities are great - a big lecture room and two smaller rooms for posters. The conference dinner they provided (lamb and salmon) was the best I have ever had at a conference - no rubber chicken here. Be sure to get a room on the river side, with a view of the rushing river and a mountain behind. There is free wifi internet in the lobby, or in your room with a cable (bring one with you). There are dark curtains behind the regular ones, but you have to look for them. Breakfast was OK. Rooms were clean and spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Technically I guess this hotel ticked the boxes, it was clean and had rooms, but beyond that everything was just about as bland and insipid as it could be, the breakfast was poor and the beds uncomfortable, all of which matched the grim village outside. I'd suggest driving a few miles down the road and looking for somewhere better.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple