All reviews homemade scones east cork on arrival and freshly squeezed orange juice host and hostess b and b irish hospitality sitting room tea and coffee hot breakfast room was spacious stayed for one night following morning top class paddy hosts pat
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had this b and b booked for a wedding but my baby and I got sick the morning of the wedding so my husband drove up to wedding himself and home again so unfortunately had to cancel b and b they charged my husband 40 euros!!!!!!!! He agreed they could charge 20 it is understandable they have to make some money I am now sceptical as they obviously have his account details worried

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josephine D
sunvillecork, Owner at Sunville House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for your review. As I'm sure you will appreciate, it is normal for hotels and guesthouses to charge the full B and B rate where a booking is not filled on the expected day of arrival. In your case your husband called us at approx. 6pm on the evening in question to cancel your reservation. We had already turned away other guests and it was impossible to fill the room at this late stage of the day. As you had known earlier that morning that you would not be attending the wedding and staying with us, it would have been more appropriate to call us then. I'm sure you will understand that it is not fair for any business to be out of pocket due to one's non-arrival. It is common for hotels and guesthouses to charge the full amount for a late cancellation. As a gesture of good will we charged just 40 euro fee.

In relaton to your bank account details there is no need to worry about us using this. We are a professional business and wish to continue operating as such.

If you are in the area again we would look forward to having you stay with us so that you can experience thebest of hospitality offered by us. As you will see from all the other very positive reviews on this site. Kind regards Paddy and Anna

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Lovely B&B. Clean, good sized rooms, plenty of parking space. Delicious tea and home made scones on arrival and an excellent breakfast in the morning. Lovely welcome from the hosts who took great trouble in advising us about local restaurants and places to visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BettyLinn
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Sunville House is by far the best B&B I've ever stayed in. Wonderful hosts, *incredible* rooms (spacious, well-decorated, extremely comfy beds) and terrific breakfast - large selection of delicious cooked and continental foods. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ajaymonster
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Short but pleasant stay at the Sunville. Great location if you need to visit Ballycotton (as I did) or Ballymaloe (as I did).

Comfy bed, nice ensuite bathroom, and a couple of scones on arrival. I had continental breakfast, but there was a variety of cooked breakfast options too. Very welcoming hosts.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the front door have a view over the countryside. One of the rooms on that side is a bit bigger than usual, with a sort of sitting room area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We had only 1 night with the lovely folk at Sunville and it wasn't enough.
The home is marvellous, plenty of space to unwind and relax and our room was beautiful with really good facilities. I hadn't been home to Ireland for a while so it was a delightful surprise to know good old fashioned Irish hospitality is still alive in East Cork!
The breakfast was delicous and plenty of it!
Thank you !

Room Tip: Best views are at the back of the house
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family