“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carrigaline
Medford, Massachusetts
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

While the Hotel will probably never be noted for it's "elegance" - (it seemed tired and dated) here is what is SHOULD be noted for - STAFF !! From front desk (when this weary traveler arrived - my room was not ready (I was waaaay early) BUT they could not have been more accommodating - had me sit and got me some coffee - and w/in short order - my room was ready. Special kudos to Monika - who serviced my room every day - when I asked for extra sugar for my tea makings - I noticed that every day I had extra sugar - the room was SCUPULOUSLY clean - bed excellent for sleeping - and the staff always friendly and helpful w/my many questions. I had come to Carrigaline on a "voyage of discovery" (it was the home of my great grandparents - and grandmother) and thanks to the staff I was able to find everything I needed. I would happily stay at this hotel - again and again. Breakfast was plentiful - and enjoyable - coffee ALWAYS hot - toast was warm - and if I got there early enough -eggs were moist - On the down side - I wish that the tea makings were accompanied by some cookies or something like that - and there was a nightly battle to find a comfortable way to watch t.v. (and the less said about t.v. in ANY hotel - the better !! However...those are minor complaints when I remember the warm smiles - helpful attitudes - and beautiful little town of Carrigaline

Room Tip: My room didn't have a spectacular view - but I wasn't there for the view - :) (AND when you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sara-Elisebeth F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We wanted a nice break away, close to Cork but away from the city. On arrival reception was extremely efficient, polite and helpful with booking dinner reservations.

The room was large, spacious and very clean. Decor could do with a small update but nothing major.

Dinner in the restaurant was exceptional. The room is beautiful, modern and beautifully appointed. Staff where so polite and helpful, menu choices offered a great choice of food. Our meal was without question, perfect! The service and attention was faultless.

Breakfast the following morning was a self service buffet with great choices and a lot of additional choices like omelette etc. Again the staff where so good.

If your looking for a couples weekend this for us was a perfect choice. The only issue was that our stay was for only 1 night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krubtap
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback & the team will be delighted to hear your gracious compliments.

We will look forward to seeing you again - hopefully in the not to distant future.

Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

From the minute we landed til the time we left 2 days later our stay in this hotel was perfect, the hotel itself in beautiful, the rooms are fabulous, but it was the staff really impressed us, particularly those involved with the kids club, thanks so much, those few hours of entertainment for the kids were invaluable. The kids loved the Leisure Centre (heated pools fantastic!) You wouldn't need to leave the hotel when it's such a short break however everything is close by, lovely to stroll down the town of Carrigaline, Douglas has lovely shopping centres only 10 mins drive and so close to so many other attractions (Fota, City Centre, Mahon) - we will definately go back and next time we'll stay longer. (It's a bonus the hotel accepts One 4 All vouchers). Only regret I didn't get to sample the Spa - next time ....

Room Tip: Ring before you book and explain how many kids etc, the staff are so helpful
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Claire
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We value all guest feedback & use it to continually improve on the service that we provide here in the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay & I will make sure that I pass your kind words & compliments onto the entire team here. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

First experienced this hotel as a family with two young children attending a wedding in 2012 and we were so impressed with staff, food, decor and rooms that we changed the venue of our own wedding to here for the following year (2013) which was flawless thanks to the expertise of Barry, Ailish and Sinead.
We have been back here for many different functions from christenings to funerals and are always sad to leave. Even though we only live a short distance away in Cork City, we never miss an opportunity to visit, even just for dinner.
The girls on reception are like friends and the waiting staff always friendly and beyond helpful, especially when two small children are restless.
Lobby, toilets, rooms and restaurant are always spotless and we have always found every single member of staff will above and beyond to accommodate.
Hotel looks gorgeous at Christmas, love the decorations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean H
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Jean H
We are delighted to read your feedback – very high praise indeed that you were so impressed that you chose to have your wedding here… Barry, Sinead & Eilis were delighted to read your feedback.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words & compliments to the entire team here. We will look forward to seeing you soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've stayed at the Carrigaline quite a number of times over the past 10 years and am always pleased with the experience. lovely reception and spotless rooms are ensured. The leisure centre is well worth a visit and the town has a few hidden gems when it comes to eating out. definitely a return visit is planned.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any rooms here.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pythagora
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted with your comments & will look forward to visiting us again in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here in a single room recently (for company Christmas party)...first thing that impressed me was the lovely reception area...it was spotless...and the happy smiling face that greeted me coming in ----first impressions do count. My hotel room was your normal double room but I have to say it was spotless & the bed was made up perfectly...the room was very comfortable & the bathroom sparkled. Breakfast came on time & the food was lovely along with the lovely member of staff who brought it. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Claire
Happy New Year!!
Thank you very much for posting such positive feedback on your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to pass your kind words & compliments on to the entire team here – they will be delighted.
We do hope that you visit us again in the near future.
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We a family party of 12adults stayed in this hotel on Sat.4th Oct. for dinner bed&breakfast. Staff are wonderful hotel beautiful 4 star, and food just amazing. Lay out in the dining room is just ideal for party groups, as its all divided areas and the decor is very attractive. One couple in our party had to leave at 6 30 on the Sunday morn for Dublin, their breakfast of cereal tea toast and yougurt was delivered to their room without charge Carrigaline Court take a bow, welldone. We certainly will be back to this hotel, would highly reccomend this gem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BessieCork
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest

We are delighted to read your review. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your compliments to the entire team here.

We will look forward to your return visit.

Jerry Healy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigaline
Centre
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center? Share your experiences!