“Clean and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carrigaline
“Clean and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night really July. Hotel is nice and clean and very close to cork centre. Rooms are spacious with tea/ coffee facilities and tv. The bar is friendlyand has a good range of choice. Food is nice. Hotel has swimming pool and gym facilities which I didn't use. On the whole a nice hotel in a good location .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such great feedback on your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback and of course when it is as positive as yours we are delighted.

Hopefully you will visit us again in the future.

Jerry Healy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Here for three nights on business, accompanied by two colleagues from the UK.
Spotless, would come back no problem. But two bug bears- first being the shower curtains! To all hoteliers please realise the reason so many leave them drape outside the bath is to avoid them sticking to you as you shower!! Simple solution get a curved rail, problem solved.
Second, fine no a\c, but a second opening window would at least allow some air through the room on those hot, sticky July nights!
Otherwise my team very happy with stay, as was I. Breakfast was nice, good selection and lovely cappuccinos!
Ate in bar on night one and all good.
Great stop over when on business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for taking the time for posting feedback on Tripadvisor. With regard to the shower curtains, I have taken your feedback on board & will speak to our Accommodation Manager and come up with a solution.
We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just back from a nights stay at this hotel - I was really suprised by the quality and friendliness of the hotel staff. Rooms are lovely, fantastic large bar and breakfast was a treat - buffet style with plenty of everything. Will be back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for posting such great feedback.

We would be delighted if you visited us again in the future.

Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This reasonably new Hotel, although a few miles from Cork City is very convenient for both the city and also the general Kinsale area.Rooms clean and Food very good and a lovely lively bar with excellent TV for all sports enthusiasts There is also Excellent free car parking on site.Good choice and would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 127 Which was Quiet although a wee bit away from the elevator...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for posting feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
County Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here last weekend on a recommendation from a work colleague who spoke very highly of the hotel after a recent wedding attendance. As it was my parents 45th wedding anniversary I decided I would treat them to a night away. From start to finish I was blown away by the hotel's friendly atmosphere and warm welcoming feeling. The rooms were basic and do need a cosmetic lift however they were clean to the squeak! The Bistro restaurant was hopping busy, but because we were on a leisurely night away we sipped on our drinks, chatted and boy was the food worth the wait! The whole experience was so enjoyable it spurred me to write an initial review and I will be sending a personal e-mail to the front office staff. My parents were so thrilled at the lovely little gestures that were made for them on their special day. The staff members exceeded all of my expectations from the Leisure staff member who kindly gave me a plaster after my new shoes cut my heels to Peter on reception who kindly put my Wi-Fi code into my tablet for me. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I am proud to say that my stay in my very own County topped my list of enjoyable stays.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay & I will pass your comments to the team here. We pride ourselves on the level of service that we provide to our guests while staying with us & it is great that you experienced this first hand.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to us anytime.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I just logged to post a review of my recent stay in this hotel & decided to read the most recent reviews & to be honest I was very shocked by some of them. This was definitely not our experience. My best friend & I decided to treat ourselves to a few nights away & decided on the Carrigaline Court because it wasn't too far to travel, but far enough to feel like we got away. Even though we are living less then an hours drive away from Carrigaline Court Hotel & we decided to give it a try. We had the BEST TIME ever….. From start to finish the staff couldn’t have been nicer, more obliging and completely went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. In fact in a weird way they made the night because they joined in the banter and had the craic as they say.

We dined in the bar & ordered off the inclusive menu on the first evening as it was part of our package. The menu was extensive - I can't remember off the top of my head but the menu included in the meal had way more range than normal for a 'dinner included' package. Meal itself was faultless, we had a few glasses of wine and found the place very relaxing. A nice amount of people there and a few couples we got chatting to.

Our room was lovely, very spacious & covered all of our needs. It was spotlessly clean. Yes the cleaners arrived early but that was our fault - the 'do not disturb' sign is there for a reason.....

Breakfast was tasty – not only was there a hot & cold buffet set up – there was also a breakfast menu on the table letting us know what we could order as extras.

Suffice to say – we will return, we are already trying to organise a gang of us to get together pre Christmas for a girls night out.

Stayed June 2014
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted to read your review. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your compliments to the entire team here – they will be delighted.

We will look forward to your return visit.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Looking for a few days well deserved break and to meet family my partner and I decided to stay in the Carrigaline Court. How sorry we were that we did. From arrival to departure it was one big let down. Upon arrival we were greeted by the sight and sound of a man vomiting at the front door. Not the hotels fault but not pleasant. After checking in we went to our room. It was clean yet basic almost hostel like. The " complimentary toiletries" were at a minimum. Towels were small and scarce. For a 4* hotel you would have expected a few biscuits to go with the instant coffee sachets but none here! Also no robes in room as mentioned in the hotel folder. The pool area is in bad need of a deep clean and redecorating which should have been done in down time. To get to the fast lane of the pool we had to cross two lanes under an obstacle course of ropes and people. Layout should be reviewed. Again complimentary towels available were of an embarrassingly small size.
We ate in Collins bar that evening ( not the " inclusive meal") but from the a la carte menu. Choice was poor service poor and food basic. All I wanted for dessert was two scoops of ice cream and for this I was charged €5.95. If my partner had opted to get the two scoops on her dessert it would have only cost €1 extra. €5.95? A rip off!
Breakfast, served in bistro was NOT 4* standard. It was basic yet tasty and the " Continental " choice poor. A few slices of salami and cheese. The breakfast staff were the highlight of our visit.......pleasant and helpful.
Next was our inclusive " meal" in Collins Bar. Meal no! Stop gap yes. Poor choice of food, slow service and we feel , that as paying residents, we should have been eating in the bistro and not in a bar full of children and a "walk in funeral". We ended up having to have our drinks in the foyer due to the din created by the children. They were still there approaching 11 pm. "Illegal!" We did spend a considerable amount of money on drinks with our family who are local.
Whilst we were on a golden years break we were paying almost full price. We were filling a room that would otherwise have been empty. The chamber person knocked each morning at a very early time. Too early! After all we were on holidays. We won't be back!
We cut corners to enable ourselves to take this break but did not expect a supposed 4* hotel to cut corners to spoil it. Forget looking after foreign tourists. Look after your own!

Room Tip: Bring your own towel and biscuits. Ask for a quiet room when booking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OBBO_13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Trip advisor. We are very disappointed to read your feedback would like to take to take the time to address each of your points individually.

With regard to what you were greeted with on arrival – that was most unfortunate but as you correctly state – not our fault, we cannot be responsible for what happens outside of the hotel.

Our bedrooms – our bedrooms are of a 4 * standard. They are inspected on an annual basis by Failte Ireland & are very proud of our 4 star rating. Each double room is equipped with toiletries for 2 people, we provide 2 hand towels & 2 bath towels for guests & if extra are required can be requested by simply phoning reception. Robes are standard in a 5 star hotel not in a 4 star but we do like to offer them to guests on a request basis – again these are available by phoning reception and requesting them. This is clearly stated in our Guest Information in each bedroom.

We take great offence to your comments regarding our Leisure Centre, there is a very strict cleaning rota in place & I can assure you that this is adhered too & monitored by both myself & our Leisure Centre Manager. Standard sized bath towels are provided to guests in the Leisure Centre & not of an embarrassingly small size as you state.. Your comment regarding the swimming lane – unfortunately it would not be possible to move the swimming lane to the opposite side of the pool as the main access into the pool is there & would create a hazard if people were to both access the pool & swim concurrently. I’m sure you will appreciate this.

Your dining experience with us. Breakfast – our breakfast offering consists of the following – Choice of 4 juices & still water. Fruits – Grapefruit segments, fresh fruit salad, prunes & Natural Yoghurt. Cereals, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Alpen, Weetabix & Coco Pots – all served with Full Fat or Skimmed Milk. Hot Buffet – Sausages, Sauteed Mushrooms, Grilled Tomato, Black & White Pudding, Scrambled Egg (Boiled, poached and fried egg available on request) Bacon, Hash Browns & beans available on request. Omelettes available to order Mushroom, Ham, Cheese or Vegetarian. Cold Buffet – selection of freshly cut meats & cheeses and smoked salmon. Breads and Pastries – Danish pastries, croissant, brown bread & toast. These are all served with marmalade, honey or assorted preserves.

Dinner – Firstly our Bistro restaurant is only open on Friday & Saturday evenings – this would have been communicated to you at the booking stage & again stated on your confirmation & again on check in. Our inclusive menu in both Collins Bar & the Bistro is a 4 course meal and offers a choice of 4 starters, 4 main courses & 4 desserts. We pride ourselves on our food offering & receive first class feedback & compliments on a daily basis.

Children in the bar. Irish Law states that children have to vacate Collins Bar by 9.00pm & I can assure you that this is strictly adhered too.

Accommodation assistants knocking on the doors – Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will take it up with our Accommodation Manger & make sure that this doesn’t happen in the future. There is always the option of placing the “Do not disturb” sign on the door.

Finally I would like to assure you that we pride ourselves on looking after all of our guests that stay with us regardless of nationality. We are a family owned 4 star hotel & offer our guests a warm & inviting welcome, excellent service, accommodation & food. Please take the time to read feedback from other past guests & I’m sure that you will agree that the majority of it is very positive.

Yours sincerely

Jerry Healy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigaline
Centre
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center? Share your experiences!