“Average and uninspiring (food, decor, service, etc.)”

Spice Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Carrigaline
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice Indian Cuisine Introduction: Indian food lovers will welcome the opening of Spice Indian in Carriagline, Co.Cork as it offers a fresh take on traditional Indian dishes with an emphasis on the cuisine of the southern states of Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andra Pradesh Karnataka, Bangladesh . The restaurant presents constantly evolving menus and a carefully matched wine list - all designed to reflect an ethos of innovation and creativity in one of the most stunning dining rooms in the country. We are committed to pushing boundaries and continue to evolve our trademark modern Indian dining experience. The restaurant offers a sophisticated fine dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, discreet service and tantalising food that few can compete with. That is the combination to ensure guests come back for more. Spice Indian is dedicated not simply to meeting expectations but to exceeding them. And our enthusiasm, style and panache makes each dining experience a truly memorable one. At Spice Indian Cuisine no additives or preservatives are used.
Cheddar, United Kingdom
“Average and uninspiring (food, decor, service, etc.)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this restaurant, but neither is there anything to get excited about either. The food, the decor, and the service are all rather uninspiring and average.

Four of us at here on a Saturday night when we would have expected the place to be rammed full. Instead it was less than 50% occupied, but despite this we waited over an hour for our main courses to arrive. It also took quite a long time to order and a long time for the starters to arrive.

The menu is traditional Indian tandoori fare - tikka, madras, vindaloo, etc. There are a couple of specials but nothing particularly exciting. The food itself seemed to be well prepared and it was tasty (when it eventually arrived). I thought that the carrot flower on the top of everyone's main dish was a bit antiquated, but that's just my personal taste.

Not the best Indian I've ever had, but by no means the worst either.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank MikeyTheBikey

“No Loyalty!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been using this restaurant since I moved to carrigaline nearly 3 years ago now, and mostly had take aways delivered as I only live literally 2 minutes from their restaurant, we have a delivery from them at least once a week and sometimes more and always leave a considerable tip as the food is quite tasty most of the time, but tonight was a huge disappointment as rang up for a delivery and to my astonishment they refused my delivery order because it was 50 CENTS!!! below the minimum delivery order!!! They charge 2 euro for delivery whatever you order, where most restaurants would deliver free over 15euro or so...I really wouldn't have minded if they even added the 50 cents on to the already overcharged delivery charge but NO! Minimum delivery is 15euro maam.....Bollywood lounge from Mount Oval in Rochestown delivered the same order for me and I must say, it was lovely

• Visited July 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Go there! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We felt very welcomed when we entered the restaurant. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive.

Most importantly the food was fantastic. They were spiced beautifully. Portion sizes were very generous. I had the house wine which was very tasty and something I'd highly recommend.

The bill was very reasonable and I will definitely return in the near future!

Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian food in Cork!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have eaten in Spice a few times now and the food is always of a consistently high quality. They always provide poppadoms etc and have even given us free tasters while waiting on our food. They are so friendly too - it is a pleasure to eat here, we love it!

Visited April 2014
Cork
“Spice up your life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you like Indian food, then Spice on Main Street, Carrigaline is a must. I've eaten at many Indian restaurants all over the world, and this is up there with the best of them. The service is always very nice and friendly too and the atmosphere is nice for a family meal or even for a 'date night'. Prices are very good and affordable and the wine list is very acceptable also.

• Visited May 2014