“Staff are excellent!! Food good too.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Collins Bar at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Carrigaline
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newry, United Kingdom
“Staff are excellent!! Food good too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Was staying at hotel for a few nights and dined in bar a few times. Food is good. Fillet steak is beautiful!! Cooked to perfection though if their chips were home made would be even nicer! Staff are so pleasant and nothing is too much trouble.

• Visited August 2013

Cork, Ireland
“like”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

had a business meeting in the hotel so we had lunch
food very good reasonably priced
would go there again

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BobbyOS
“good, hearty sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Nice food, best for a Sunday roast, and lovely dessert.
Traditional decor and a nice atmosphere
More for a family lunch rather than a romantic dinner.

Visited August 2012
Cork
“Lovely Food and Lovely Surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

A group of us went to the hotel for a family gathering recently and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprises at how good the food and service was, as I had been here previously and did not have a nice experience. The service was fantastic a young waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Everyone got what they ordered and everyone enjoyed their food. I would definately return to the hotel again for food.

• Visited February 2013
“Nice pub food - shame about the sullen waitress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Am local to area but tend never to eat in Collins bar but on a day off we decided to give it a try. It's a stunning bar and so clean. The atmosphere was nice too.
We both ordered a main course and asked to share a starter. about 10 mins after ordering the "wonderful waitress" came back and told us that the starter we wanted wasn't available. No problem here. We said we'd just go ahead and have main course. At this point we both noticed that waitress was far from friendly. Not once did she greet us with a smile. When we arrived she just said "are you ready to order?" Nothing else.
When she returned with our main courses my partner asked her for some water. We waited and waited and eventually I caught the eye of another waiter who ignored us completely and went out the door to switch on some lighting in the smoking area. On his return I said "excuse me" but he kept walking past - obv this was not his area!! My partner eventually got up to find the waitress to ask her for water.
She came up with the water and slammed it down on the table and walked away. 5 minutes later she came up with a receipt and said this is your bill because I'm finished now!!!! No offer or dessert menus etc.
I have her name but I am too cowardly to complain anyone!!
I definitely feel the wait staff working in the bar last night (except one nice man who id say was a supervisor) let the hotel and bar down. I really did enjoy the food and it is a lovely relaxed atmosphere and maybe this waitress was just having a bad day. But it just shows what a first impression can leave you with. If I were a visitor to the area I would not return.
I thought the prices were a little expensive for bar food (2 main courses and 2 non alco drinks came to forty euro with tip which of course I left because the man who finally settled our bill was nice)
I just hope the managers read these reviews and get their bar staff to realise if they are serving food they need to be a little friendlier!!

Travellers who viewed Collins Bar at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Centre also viewed

Carrigaline, County Cork

Been to Collins Bar at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!