“Highly recommend!! Fantastic hosts & hospitality”

Chestnut Lodge Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carrigaline
Chestnut Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Carrigaline B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We could not recommend this b&b enough. The hosts were so welcoming and friendly, the room was very cozy and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was perfect, could not find any faults. Would definately stay again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chestnut Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The bride's room where we stayed for two nights was exquisitely furnished and had a beautiful view into the garden. We had a very warm welcome, delicious breakfasts and even met our landlords at the dinnerplace they recommended. The house is ideally located for an early leave from cork Airport or a visit in Cork City.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanja_und_Stephan
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed at Chestnut Lodge B&B with our two daughters and would highly recommend it. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. Breakfast in the morning was very tasty. The hosts, Gretta and Tom were delightful! Very friendly and helpful. We were also well looked after our first day by their son, Mark and daughter in law (sorry, didn't catch her name!)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Many times I have been in Ireland and stayed in Cork, Kinsale, Ballinhassig and Carrigaline. The last years I come 2 or 3 times a year to Gretta and Tom because the atmosphere is very relaxed, the breakfast a great start of the day and when I stayed in untill around 2 o'clock I got a very delicious lunch. With Gretta or Tom I have sometimes long conversations about different topics. If you like a heavy breakfast (and a nice room) and speak and understand good (Irish) English take your change ...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacobus d
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Have done business for several weeks around here and had accidentally came to this B&B. What a stroke of luck. Atmosphere, hospitality, food and service just great. Nothing was too much for Tom and Gretta, a chat in the evening, a question about the surroundings , or other things, nothing was left unanswered. Here you fill well and is always happy to come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here on my own for a business conference in the locality for 3 nights. I have to say, as a person who travels around quite a bit on Business that I found the owners Gretta and Tom to be the friendliest, most accommodating people I have ever met in my life. They made me feel completely at home, which is so nice and a rarity in this day and age. The guesthouse itself, is warm & spacious with all the mod con's in the sizable bedrooms. The owners are there for a friendly chat, but completely respect your privacy and space. I will be in Carrigaline again in August and I will definitely be going back there to stay. If there is no availability, I'll be asking can I book myself in for my dinners at the very least because the food was just fantastic! Definitely recommend it and definitely staying there again.

Room Tip: Book in plenty of time. The area in general is very quiet and the only thing that would wake you in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Emma O
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Gretta & Tom were very nice, sound people who makes you feel at home straight away.
The house in absolutely spotless and is of the higher quality accommodation and fantastic value for money, very reasonable .
The purposely built house has great facilities which includes a private very comfy, luxurious sittingroom to chill out and relax in or watch the soaps if you like.
Evening meals with home cooking of a high quality are available on request which has a menu with recession busting deals .
Thanks for the laugh Tom we will be back
Viv o Toole