We recently had our wedding reception at Vienna Woods Hotel, in August 2013, and we can't recommend it highly enough. From the moment we met with the Hotel Director Michael Magner and his team almost a year before our wedding, we knew that we would chose Vienna Woods as our venue. Michael has the uncanny knack of making you feel that your wedding is the single and most important wedding in the world! The team was there at every stage along the way; always courteous at the end of the phone when we rang with questions and queries. We were particularly impressed with the level of communication on the immediate run up to the wedding day. No problem was too big or too small!
On the day itself, everything was perfect. On our arrival, it was obvious to us that our guests were thoroughly enjoying the arrival reception and surroundings. This was really important to us. The ballroom was decorated magnificently. The lighting was beautiful and helped to create a really special ambiance. The team’s attention to detail was obvious. We had delicate home-made clay centrepieces, that we had delivered to the hotel the day before. The team really took care of them! They were perfectly displayed, just as we imagined them looking on the day. The food was of the highest standard (and we’ve been to weddings up and down the country at this stage!). It correlated exactly with the quality that we experienced at our menu-tasting evening. It was really important to us that all of our guests got the same quality of food as the top table, and given the compliments that we've received since our day, it's obvious that that was the case: people have been raving about the quality of the food. So hat’s off to the head-chef and all the catering team for exceeding our highest expectations! With their collective talent of creating a relaxed atmosphere while upholding the most professional standards of service, the floor and bar staff impressed us from the minute we arrived into the wee hours!
For our travelling guests, particularly the families, the holiday villas behind the hotel were ideal. Our families loved that they could feel at home away from home. Definitely check out the villas as an accommodation option - they’re brand new, well decorated, very comfortable and good value for money. Plus, there’s a great view over the river from up there – lovely photo op!
Overall, we had the best day of our lives, and it was largely down to the Michael and the staff at Vienna Woods. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of our hearts! Lisa and Sean, Limerick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods