Fabulous hotel, with a lovely atmosphere, the staff were very pleasant, especially Darren on Reception, I had requested a quiet room, as we were staying just the one night, and I had my sister with me, who had had a minor proceedure done that day at C.U.H Hospital, so I wanted to ensure that she would be able to nap or rest etc., without being disturbed, and I explained this to Darren over the phone before I arrived, and he delivered, our check in was very quick and efficient, and he was very helpful in general, a pleasure to deal with. Our room was lovely and spacious and more importantly quiet, there was music on that night in the hotel, and we didn't hear a peep in our room, which was great. We had the dinner in the hotel, and it was fabulous, the quality of the food was delicious, and very well presented, there was a lovely minature loaf of bread given to us whilst we were waiting, which you could slice as you wanted and butter, and it was lovely. We had lovely starters, smoked salmon etc., and we both had the steak, which was cooked to perfection, and all in all the food was fantastic, as was the buffet breakfast the following morning, with gorgeous fruit skewers, with fresh strawberries, melon, etc., which I had never seen before, and there was a lovely selection of muesli/granola, and natural yoghurts, as well as the 'full irish' everything was plentiful and hot and cooked perfectly, and the staff were attentive and helpful. I could not fault this hotel, it is a little bit out of the city, about ten minutes or so, but it was exactly what we were looking for, there are loads of little nooks and crannies around the hotel, with lovely queen anne chairs and couches to sit around if you so wish, and loads of vases of fresh flowers everywhere, which gave the hotel a lovely feel, plus lots of free newspapers, and a lovely conservatory with tiny fairy lights on the ceiling, which was lovely at night. I would certainly stay here again and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my friends. I often visit their sister hotel, the Woodlands in Adare, as I live near there, and I would have thought that they were superior in quality and customer service to the Vienna Woods Hotel, but I was mistaken, the Vienna Woods has surpassed them.
There was one small niggle though, and that was that I found the price of the bottle of red wine (McGuiggans I think) to be fairly priced at €18 in the restaurant, however I was charged €6 or €6.50 I think for a single glass of wine before that in the bar, which I thought was a bit on the expensive side, but other than that, the value was exceptional. Thanks to Lidl (we got dinner, bed and breakfast for €49 each) and to the Vienna Woods Hotel Team for a thoroughly enjoyable stay, it is great to be able to review a hotel positively when it is due them :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods