Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Orbitz.com
US$117
US$110
Agoda.com
All reviewswedding venuewedding receptionself cateringbridal suitefunction roomdrinks receptionfrom start to finishtop classwedding guestsduty managerbeautiful hotelfollowing morninglovely touchafternoon teawould highly recommend this hotelmichael magnermary ann
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had the pleasure of being invited to a BBQ at Vienna woods recently. Food was excellent. Great selection & huge homemade beef burgers. Staff were brilliant but not in your face. Great atmosphere. Looking forward to the next one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
FitzgeraldHotelGroup, Manager at Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Shane G,

Thank you for sharing your experience at a recent BBQ in Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Hotel. We truly appreciate your compliments regarding our staff. We're continually striving to ensure our guest's visits are enjoyable from start to finish, and the staff are essential. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to our team - and of course about the beautiful homemade beef burgers.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I arrived late on Thursday night following a breakdown. I phoned ahead and organised a salad to be sent to my room later. When I arrived it was delivered with aplomb to me. Nice and fresh.

Full marks to the reception for the warm welcome to this hotel.

The rooms are spotless and in some cases take 3 people. My room for E89 (including breakfast) had a double bed and two singles. But if was a large area and was not at all cluttered. Bathrooms a little dated but very clean.

Breakfast excellent although the hotel was busy with the "afters" of a wedding party. As far as I could make out the wedding was a marvellous success also.

Michael the Manager was very much in evidence making sure everything was on song. All the staff were marvellous.

Tips; room 317 is very good. Also if its warm, dining al fresco is recommended. Book directly with the hotel. Make sure you are actually on their web site or it can be tedious.

The road is more or less on the South Ring Road so is fantastic if you are driving to West Cork or Kerry.

I'm not saying this is a five star hotel what I am saying is that the staff maximise everything about this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank voyager067

Dear Voyager067,

Thank you for your recent review, we are glad that you enjoyed your evening spent with us here in our family run hotel and our delighted that we were able to look after you on short notice.

Thank you very much for your compliments in relation to our staff as we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you through our doors again in the near future,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went here for Lunch with my parents, We just loved the Beef, all had the same and was just spot on the money. Somewhere we would not have thought about as it is a little bit isolated, however we were delighted we took the time to visit! There was a young chap who served us in the snug as most of the restaurant was booked out (just about says how good it is) and he really looked after my parents very well

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Edwardsreview,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed the beef in the restaurant - all of our food is locally sourced and our beef is sourced from the award winning O' Connell's Butchers.

We look forward to welcoming you through the doors again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Myself and my new husband got married in this gorgeous location last month and I am struggling to word how fantastic it was. It's a beautiful country style house tucked away in the city.

From the moment I walked in the door to book the big day, all I encountered was professionalism and a desire to make sure every wedding held in the hotel is to the highest standard.

We dealt with Michael mostly and the tips he gave me on the first day we met about weddings in general were amazing and I have been passing them on to future brides all the time. Coming up to the big day, anything I asked for or changes I made were never an issue. I especially loved the menu tasting. Running up to a wedding, there is so much happening that you don't get to enjoy much time with your partner to be so it was so nice to get some time with my other half and enjoy the meal as believe me brides on the day you are so excited and overwhelmed, you don't really eat it.

On the big day itself, we were met by Michael and MaryAnn at the entrance. They made sure everything was going smoothly and we were relaxed. There was also a picture taken of us which was on the menu's by time the meal was called - lovely touch and they made sure we were happy with the room layout.

We were able to have our drinks reception outside as we were blessed with nice weather. The set up was great, enough room for people to sit and really kicked off the atmosphere.When it came time for the meal, all the bridal party were introduced and made their way to the top table. I loved this touch as it gave the bridal party some recognition too. Everyone commented on how lovely it was.

Now the food - this was the one part of my day I never worried about as the food in Vienna Woods is always top class. This took so much pressure from me as I knew it was all in hand. The evening food was also just as good. Michael, MaryAnn, Janet and Catherine made sure the top table were looked after so well and were amazing. All the guests also commented on how quickly they received the food after the top table - no delay.

Room set up for the band was really quick and painless and the rest of the night was just a big party. Amazing sing song after too!!

We also had our post wedding party in the hotel - great day, although we were all shattered from the singing the night before!! Food was fab and everyone had a lovely time mulling over the day before.

Also the new bridal sweet is FAB! Myself and two of the bridesmaids went up to the room to tie up my dress and we actually got some lovely pics there - bridal party selfies! As we got married on a Saturday we were also able to keep the room for Sunday night which was great.

There's loads I have missed I would say but overall I just cannot thank and praise the hotel enough. All the staff were amazing, the food everything. The only negative I have is that I can't do the day all over again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sqwalshy

Hi Squalshy,

Many thanks for your kind review. I will begin by saying it was an absolute pleasure for all of our team to have looked after you and your wedding guests for your very important day you spent with us.

We are delighted to have made your day so enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you through our doors again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

returned from a week in the holiday lodge at vienna woods hotel. we arrived on friday 11th july, first impressions quite good, we had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurent. But what happened Saturday evening and long into the night was totally unbelievable. It all started at 8.30 that evening with CONGRATULATIONS blaring out from a private house a few yards from the lodges, i was later informed this belonged to the owner of the hotel! we had a year old baby and a 3 year old in our party, now i am not a person to complain to easy so we entertained the children as long as we could, because with the noise it was impossible to get them to sleep. At midnight i rang reception to ask how long the party was to go on for, i could not believe it when told 3.0am. I told them about the children, and was told he would inform the duty manager. 2.0am i rang again, and was told it would be ending soon, it did about 2.30am. Now if we wanted a holiday beside a disco that is what we would have booked. i feel the owner of the hotel had very little thought for us in the lodges i was not alone in my complaint other families also did. now having a hotel you would think a function room there would have been better suited. or at least we should of been warned about it before hand, that is only manners. if i have a party i inform my neighbours before hand.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila v
Tara C, Manager at Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Sheila v,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience here with us at Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Hotel. We appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests.

We are a family owned hotel and take extreme pride in our family business and the level of service we provide for our customers. As you correctly pointed out the private home of the Hotel Director and his family is within the 22 acres, on the hotel grounds. A private function had been organised to mark a very special family occasion which happened to fall on the night of your stay.

To ensure that these celebrations did not impact on our guests’ experience, instruction had been issued to our Reception Staff to inform all guests staying in our villas, in advance of the unlikely event of any disruptions, and to deliver some complimentary bottles of wine and additional offerings. After some investigation into the events outlined in your post, it emerged that you and your party had not been contacted due to an oversight by one of our staff members, for which we apologise.

Our Reception Staff work until 11pm and it was a Junior Member of the Night Porter Team who dealt with your enquiry. We regret that your complaint was not met with greater satisfaction and we have since undertaken further training within this department to ensure continued improvements in the level of service we provide.

This was an exceptional situation and we would like to make amends in any way possible. My own name is Tara and I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly to resolve the matter.

E: tara@viennawoodshotel.com