“A place of timeless beauty, a perfect blend of old time elegance and modern facilities”

Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glanmire
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I went to the Vienna Woods hotel for my cousins wedding earlier this year. I can only extend the staff and management my greatest compliments. The service was second to none and the food was superb. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The building is a mix of the old and new. The old part of the building has high ceilings with original beautifully designed plasterwork. It has very comfortable seating areas where one can sit have food or relax with a drink. I have gone back several times since as I’m a local of the Cork area and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Some of my family stayed in the Holiday Villas and they are fitted out like showhomes. They are superb. They were delighted with the accommodation.

I also think it would be a very romantic place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2009

Stayed at this wonderful hotel last Feb. will definitely return as it was such a positive experience. Arrived in Cork with no reservation and a local bistro owner in a Mitchelstown was extremely helpful following my 8 hour journey. After a lengthy conversation regarding a quiet, but pleasant hotel out of the city centre we arrived at Vienna Woods. We were quite sceptical as we usually stay in 4/5 hotels but had such positive comments we decided to give it a go. As it turned out we made a great decision as at that particular time my leg was in cast following a serious leg injury. The staff were superb and could not have been more helpful in every respect. The rooms definitely did not disappoint and were well worth the rate. All round a great place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet a short drive to the city centre.Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2008

We had our wedding reception in Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods, Glanmire, Co Cork in July 2008 and I am delighted to be able to share the details of this wonderful experience with others.
In the weeks leading up to the wedding I was in contact weekly with the manager Mr Magner. I found him to be extremely helpful and reassuring at all times. As he has years of experience in dealing with weddings, he has lots of advice and ideas to share.
When I arrived at the hotel on the day of the wedding, I couldn't believe my eyes! Everything looked amazing. All the guests were chatting happily in the bar /conservatory area which has a calm, relaxing atmosphere.
We started with a champagne reception, which was welcome after our busy morning! We proceeded into the ballroom which looked amazing - colour co-ordinated chairs and flowers, relaxing background music playing and all our family and friends looking happy! The meal was served quickly and efficiently and was enjoyed by all. The remainder of the night was really enjoyable.
I found the staff to be efficient, helpful and friendly. The bridal suite was beautiful, I didn't want to leave!
I am delighted to be able to share this experience with others. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding reception but also for a relaxing weekend. One of my friends has booked her wedding in this hotel since ours and I have heard lots of positive comments about their experience there from other family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We had our wedding in Vienna Woods and were blown away with how well we were looked after. From the moment that we went to view the hotel, we were made to feel like our day was as important to Vienna Woods as it was to us.

Michael and his staff surpassed all of our expectations on the day. From the moment that we arrived, we didn't need to worry about anything, the fires were lighting, the champagne was chilled and the room looked amazing. The food and service was incredible and when it came to settling up we felt like we had gotten excellent value for money.

In addition to getting all of the basics right, there were many extra touches that were very much appreciated on the day. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Vienna Woods hotel to anybody planning a wedding or even just looking for somewhere to stay in Cork.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Recently I attended a function in this hotel with an overnight stay. I have to say as it was my first time I was very impressed. The function I attented was a wedding everything was excellent efficient service , friendliness of staff, excellent food and I must say the ballroom was very elegantly designed. The bedroom was clean and more than sufficient I will be definately reccomending this hotel to family & friends. I will be returning but next time for a relaxing get away break as I did feel that the hotel could offer this going on it's surroundings and ambuance.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2008

My boyfriend and I recently attended a wedding at the Vienna Woods Hotel Glanmire. It was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. We were very impressed with all aspects of the hotel, in particular the friendly and effiecient hotel staff and the beautiful food.
We checked into our room on arrival. Check-in was hassle free. The room itself was located in the newer part of the hotel. Our room consisted of a large and comfy double bed, a single bed and en-suite bathroom. We felt the room was good value for money, it was spotless, very modern and comfortable.
Befoe the wedding reception guests met for pre dinner drinks in the hotel drawing room. This is a large, cosy room which had a fire lighting. There was a great atmosphere in this room and we felt it was a great place for guests to mingle.
The recently refurbished function room in the hotel is pure luxury. Decorated in rich wine and gold colours it is a spacious and very elegant room. Tables were very well arranged with each guest having a great view of the top table.
The food served at the wedding was delicious. 5 star standard.The hotel staff were very eager to ensure we were happy with our meal and were on hand to offer extra portions once the main course was finished.
The bride and groom, who are close friends of my boyfriend and I couldn't praise the hotel staff, in particular the hotel owner for the level of attention and care which they were given in the lead up to their big day.They were full of praise for the hotel and had a truly memorable, hasslefree day.
Overall, I couldn't praise this hotel enough and look forward to visiting again for a quiet weekend away.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2008

Just been to a wedding in the Vienna woods. Have to say the Staff was 5 Star, the food was superb and the banquet room was great, but pity about the rooms. Have to say the rooms are 3 Star. Some of our friends stayed in the old rooms and were very disappointed. We paid 160Euro for our room. We thought it should be about 60euro or 70euro for what we got. Can’t see any sign of the 7Million Euro refurbish. We would not go back for this reason. I would like to give management a chance to comment before I close this book on this place!. Again the food was superb.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Jok85, Manager at Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2009

We would like first of all to thank the trip advisor member for their compliments with regard to the food, service and the ballroom. We are delighted that the trip advisor member is giving us an opportunity to reply.

When the hotel was acquired in September 2006 works commenced on a €7 million redevelopment/refurbishment that is now nearly complete. The construction of eight, four bedroom holiday homes that have been accredited with four-star classification. A new Ballroom, Kitchen and Storage facility have been constructed. The public areas in hotel have been refurbished have been restored to their former glory. Refurbishment work is ongoing and this includes guest bedrooms.

At all times we endeavor to provide an efficient and customers orientated service and welcome all guest comments as constructive.

In the event of any guest making us aware of a particular difficulty with their guestroom it is hotel policy to help to resolve any difficulty by offering alternative accommodation within our bedroom stock. At reservation stage we advise guests that our standard rooms are located in the older part of the hotel and are offered the rooms at a more competitive rate for this reason

If the trip advisor member would like to make contact with the hotel directly we would be delighted to discuss the redevelopment and refurbishment programme.

Kind Regards

Mary Ann Whooley
Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glanmire
Centre
Imperial Hotel
#10 of 23 in Cork
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!