“Vienna Woods - a comfortable quiet stay”

Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glanmire
Caherdaniel, Ireland
“Vienna Woods - a comfortable quiet stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

Excellent stay - very good value - superb breakfast buffet - good dinner & very pleasant service - a professionally run hotel. Whenever we're near Cork, this will be our hotel of choice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

Was at the end of holiday with my Wife and 11 week old baby and decided to spend last night at the Vienna Woods Hotel. I had been there for lunch some weeks ago and had decided then that it would be worth a stay, and I was right. Great atmosphere in the entire place. There was a small wedding on that day and it only added to the whole experience. Dinner and breakfast eas also great. All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpfull especially towards the baby. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I just want to complement the vienna woods group. Having stayed there for two days in the villas which were spectacular a real home away from home .I will definately return again its faultless thank you for a great experience .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

I went to the Vienna Woods hotel for my cousins wedding earlier this year. I can only extend the staff and management my greatest compliments. The service was second to none and the food was superb. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The building is a mix of the old and new. The old part of the building has high ceilings with original beautifully designed plasterwork. It has very comfortable seating areas where one can sit have food or relax with a drink. I have gone back several times since as I’m a local of the Cork area and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Some of my family stayed in the Holiday Villas and they are fitted out like showhomes. They are superb. They were delighted with the accommodation.

I also think it would be a very romantic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
N.Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2009

Stayed at this wonderful hotel last Feb. will definitely return as it was such a positive experience. Arrived in Cork with no reservation and a local bistro owner in a Mitchelstown was extremely helpful following my 8 hour journey. After a lengthy conversation regarding a quiet, but pleasant hotel out of the city centre we arrived at Vienna Woods. We were quite sceptical as we usually stay in 4/5 hotels but had such positive comments we decided to give it a go. As it turned out we made a great decision as at that particular time my leg was in cast following a serious leg injury. The staff were superb and could not have been more helpful in every respect. The rooms definitely did not disappoint and were well worth the rate. All round a great place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet a short drive to the city centre.Hope to return soon.

• Liked — room layout
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

We had our wedding reception in Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods, Glanmire, Co Cork in July 2008 and I am delighted to be able to share the details of this wonderful experience with others.
In the weeks leading up to the wedding I was in contact weekly with the manager Mr Magner. I found him to be extremely helpful and reassuring at all times. As he has years of experience in dealing with weddings, he has lots of advice and ideas to share.
When I arrived at the hotel on the day of the wedding, I couldn't believe my eyes! Everything looked amazing. All the guests were chatting happily in the bar /conservatory area which has a calm, relaxing atmosphere.
We started with a champagne reception, which was welcome after our busy morning! We proceeded into the ballroom which looked amazing - colour co-ordinated chairs and flowers, relaxing background music playing and all our family and friends looking happy! The meal was served quickly and efficiently and was enjoyed by all. The remainder of the night was really enjoyable.
I found the staff to be efficient, helpful and friendly. The bridal suite was beautiful, I didn't want to leave!
I am delighted to be able to share this experience with others. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding reception but also for a relaxing weekend. One of my friends has booked her wedding in this hotel since ours and I have heard lots of positive comments about their experience there from other family and friends.

• Liked — relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff, proximity to Cork
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

We had our wedding in Vienna Woods and were blown away with how well we were looked after. From the moment that we went to view the hotel, we were made to feel like our day was as important to Vienna Woods as it was to us.

Michael and his staff surpassed all of our expectations on the day. From the moment that we arrived, we didn't need to worry about anything, the fires were lighting, the champagne was chilled and the room looked amazing. The food and service was incredible and when it came to settling up we felt like we had gotten excellent value for money.

In addition to getting all of the basics right, there were many extra touches that were very much appreciated on the day. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Vienna Woods hotel to anybody planning a wedding or even just looking for somewhere to stay in Cork.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and quality of service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glanmire
Centre
#5 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,055 reviews
Lancaster Lodge
#8 of 23 in Cork

Been to Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!