“The only place you should get married in Cork !”

Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glanmire
Cork
“The only place you should get married in Cork !”
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We got married in Vienna Woods in July. Absolutly everything about it was brillant
Michael Magner who looked after us is the best in the business.
The food , the room , decorations , staff absolutly everything was excellent.
All my friends and relatives commented on the staff - they could nt belive how professional and nice everyone was -
I have been to so many weddings in Cork and I can say 100 % there is no place better than Vienna Woods if you are comsidering wedding venues.
All you have to do is book the date and you are in the best hands ever with Michael Magner who treats your wedding day likes its his own and leaves no stone unturned to ensure you will remeber your day forever.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I attended a relatives wedding last week at The Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork. Wow - what a superb venue for the wedding reception. My husband and our new baby arrived at the hotel before noon hoping that we could check in early. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the receptionist and were delighted that without prior notice they facilitated us with an early check in. The hotel itself is very charming and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. There were fresh flowers beautifully arranged throughout. Our room was very spacious and comfortable with no difficulty fitting the baby pram and all the trappings that we had arrived with! The wedding reception itself was just brilliant. There was a lovely drinks reception with tasty canapes and as it was a sunny day there were tables and chairs set up outside which really added to the atmosphere. The ballroom was decorated so beautifully with wonderful candelabras on every table. The meal was simply delicious and what struck me most was the professional service. Everything was executed with ease by very friendly staff. It was certainly a wedding to remember. Breakfast next morning was very tasty and we enjoyed chatting with family over coffee well after the set breakfast time had passed. We finished off our trip with some shopping in Cork city which is only a 5 minute drive away. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Caherdaniel, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Excellent stay - very good value - superb breakfast buffet - good dinner & very pleasant service - a professionally run hotel. Whenever we're near Cork, this will be our hotel of choice.

Limerick
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Was at the end of holiday with my Wife and 11 week old baby and decided to spend last night at the Vienna Woods Hotel. I had been there for lunch some weeks ago and had decided then that it would be worth a stay, and I was right. Great atmosphere in the entire place. There was a small wedding on that day and it only added to the whole experience. Dinner and breakfast eas also great. All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpfull especially towards the baby. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I just want to complement the vienna woods group. Having stayed there for two days in the villas which were spectacular a real home away from home .I will definately return again its faultless thank you for a great experience .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I went to the Vienna Woods hotel for my cousins wedding earlier this year. I can only extend the staff and management my greatest compliments. The service was second to none and the food was superb. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The building is a mix of the old and new. The old part of the building has high ceilings with original beautifully designed plasterwork. It has very comfortable seating areas where one can sit have food or relax with a drink. I have gone back several times since as I’m a local of the Cork area and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Some of my family stayed in the Holiday Villas and they are fitted out like showhomes. They are superb. They were delighted with the accommodation.

I also think it would be a very romantic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
N.Ireland
Reviewed 15 January 2009

Stayed at this wonderful hotel last Feb. will definitely return as it was such a positive experience. Arrived in Cork with no reservation and a local bistro owner in a Mitchelstown was extremely helpful following my 8 hour journey. After a lengthy conversation regarding a quiet, but pleasant hotel out of the city centre we arrived at Vienna Woods. We were quite sceptical as we usually stay in 4/5 hotels but had such positive comments we decided to give it a go. As it turned out we made a great decision as at that particular time my leg was in cast following a serious leg injury. The staff were superb and could not have been more helpful in every respect. The rooms definitely did not disappoint and were well worth the rate. All round a great place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet a short drive to the city centre.Hope to return soon.

• Liked — room layout
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glanmire
Centre
The Kingsley
#5 of 23 in Cork
Montenotte
The Metropole Hotel

Been to Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!