We... my 2 bothers and their wives (6) stayed at the Vienna Woods Property in July. We rented a "villa" on the grounds which had 4 bedrooms, each with their own full bath and a kitchen and living area. Out the front was a lovely patio with 4 chairs, umbrella and table. These are self catering units but still come nicely equipped. All we needed was to buy some paper towels, soaps and a few dish cloths. The fridge is small but ample. There is a microwave, oven, stove-top and dishwasher along with a washer/dryer combo unit. The villa was very clean and comfortable. There are two bedrooms on the main floor and 2 upstairs. The upper ones had a TV, skylights that opened for a breeze and ours had a couch for sitting. One small issue was the lack of water pressure. Hate to nit-pick but it was pretty weak.
The villa is located at the 'top' of the property which means it is a short hike from the main building up hill. There are about 8 units I think and they look pretty much the same. They are close together but still far enough for privacy. We did meet some nice people along the way.
We were there for a wedding at the hotel and that turned out to be a wonderful gathering. The place was nicely decorated and all the staff were ready to please. They would come around at dinner and ask if everything was OK and if we needed more of anything. The bar staff were courteous and efficient. Once the wedding was over in the main hall the staff made sure we knew there was a resident bar to continue our visit with all the family and friends. We did stay up until the birds were singing and never once heard a staff member quibble about all of us staying up so long. They were in fact encouraging us to stay and chat as they knew we were from Canada and don't get to see our Irish family very often. We did finally sleep and just made it at the last for breakfast. They were starting to put it away but when they saw us come in they did everything they could to keep what was left warm and available for us. We really appreciated that.
All in all, this was a terrific hotel with lovely grounds, good food, great service, better that average accommodations and overall a wonderful holiday place.
We also found that is is central to Cork, Douglas, Monkstown and Passage and a short drive to most areas of South East Cork County. Just know you can not walk to very much but there is a lovely river walk across the road to a small town. 1 mile. There is not much there but I would say the service station - petrol station- was great for the morning coffee, fresh baked goods, a sandwich deli, hot food area and generally things you may need to fill the fridge and cupboard for your stay. Very new, clean and friendly.
I can't say we had a bad experience to tell you about at all at the Vienna Woods Hotel and would definitely return and recommend this to anyone going to stay in the Cork area.
WE loved, it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods