“Excellent food.”

Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Glanmire
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Went for dinner on a Friday evening to this restaurant. Hadn't been before and must say the food was exceptional and very reasonably priced. Was a little disappointed by the service considering the restaurant was very quiet, there were only 3 tables occupied but the staff were almost non-existent. the food was delivered without the table being set with cutlery and condiments. simple little touch that could be improved. but in saying that it didn't take from the food. would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012

“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

We were told about this restaurant by a very helpful shopkeeper in a store about ten minutes away while enquiring about nice places to eat and let me tell you he was spot on!! We were very impressed! We actually ate there 2 out of the 3 nights were were in Cork. There were 6 of us in total myself my husband and 4 children. The staff here, one lady inparticular ( we didn't catch her name ) are very helpful. We have a ceoliac child and the waitress couldn't do enough to make sure she had a fab meal even if it wasn't on the menu!! The deals they do here are great, the kids got maincourse a fab desert and a bottle of mineral with lollipops afterwards for €7.95 which is great value for money. The restaurant/bar is exceptionally clean and it's a nice quiet place to sit back and relax at dinnertime. They offered a 3 course meal with a glass of wine or mineral for €23 after 5pm and the food is top notch with very generous portions. Can I recommend the steak and also the warm chocolate fudge cake for dessert which is just Devine!!

cork, ireland
“Basic”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We went to this Restaurant on a Sunday for lunch with my family. I can't put blame one staff member in particular but in gereral there was no warmth from staff.

I had booked that a baby would be with us and was told that a baby chair was on its way but they brought the baby food out before the high chair.

I also bought groupon vouchers and was told on the phone after I gave them the security codes, they wouldn't leave me book without them, that I would not need the vouchers. Then when I arrived the manager asked me for them and I told him I already gave my codes and was told I didn't need them. He said it was ok. Then whilst we were deciding what to eat he came to inform us that we would have to drop the vouchers into him later that day I said we didn't live near and he said he would talk to the owner. Then during our meal he informed us that we had to pay for the whole meal and only when we brought the vouchers could we get a refund. This was highly embarrassing and very inconvenient. I didn't understand how showing them the voucher on my I phone wasn't enough proof. They had the codes to redeem it and I felt like I was being treated like a con artist.

This aside the food was only ok. Very basic. Lumpy potatoes. Beef was good. Under done fries and over done gougons. The chef obviously isn't that bothered.

I wouldn't go back here

1 Thank jenost
cork
“THE ISLAND GATE”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

excellent food at a very good price i would reccomend this resturant for food especially if your really hungry!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2011
Cork
“Lovely food, huge portions...”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

5 of us went for dinner Saturday night in The Island Gate and it was really good.

We had 5 starters, 5 mains, 4 coffees and 4 rounds of drinks and it cost 40 quid a head for the night which was very reasonable.

All the starters were really nice and if anything the portions were too big.
I had the warm chicken salad and the rib eye steak, warm chicken salad was nice and the steak was fabulous done exactly to my liking and really tender.
We also had the sea food chowder and it was really creamy and thick, garlic bread with cheese, garlic mushrooms and spicey prawns everyone really enjoyed them.
The other mains were chicken curry which was really nice with excellent rice, the burger which was huge and really good, baked salmo portion which again was really good and really big and a chicken maryland which went down a treat.

Everybody really enjoyed the night and the staff were really good and helpful.

Its a really nice spot for a meal and was very surprised that it was so quite.
Well worth a visit.