“Terrible food and misleading menu!”
Review of The Island Gate

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Island Gate
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Glanmire
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We both ordered the €16.95 "fresh Haddock with tempura batter, mushy peas and home cut chips" that's what the menu said sadly what we got bore no resemblance to what we ordered!
The fish was over cooked in heavy stodgy batter, the peas were processed direct from a can and the chips were over cooked frozen chips.
I asked the waitress for a side portion of veg as we don't eat processed peas, she brought them and they were sitting in water and tasteless.
The waiter asked us if we enjoyed the food so I told him it was poor, we then asked for the bill and ended up being charged the full price.
I have had superior fish and chips in chip shops and we both were physically sick after this food.
This pub restaurant once served good food but sadly not any more.

1  Thank Youngy61
There are newer reviews for The Island Gate

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Great food nice atmosphere will return excellent service and fantastic steak coffee to die for nice homemade deserts welldone

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here in March, the food is gorgeous, very generous portions and great value for money, 3 course meal for €23, we both had steak and it was cooked perfectly, it's a lovely bar, it was quiet when we were there because it was early on Saturday evening, would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Yes, both my wife and I have had numerous meals in the Island gate and found the athmosphere excellent, of course the meals great and plesently delivered with no fuss.

Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

We went here for my dads birthday we went at lunch time, 5 adults and a baby. The food was fantastic couldn't fault the service only issue we had was that the place was a little chilly. Other than that was a great place.