“Great place for lunch”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Monkstown
Price range: US$1 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian Cafe' Bistro in the beautiful village of Monkstown, Co. Cork.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A great place for lunch. The two guys that run the place are from Italy and they are very friendly. Italian radio plays in the background.

There are newer reviews for Napoli Italian Delicatessen & Cafe

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have been twice to Napoli on Friday evenings in recent weeks for their set menu dinners, and on both occasions the food and the service were excellent. Really enjoyed it and will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Authentic Italian food. Most customers seemed to be regulars as the owner chatted with them and obviously knew them. Very friendly. Delicious chocolate cake :-) am looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Receiving only the recommendations of Trip Advisor’s reviewers, we visited here on Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. The place is located on a side street just off the main road on the waterfront where there’s plenty of parking. The place was relatively quiet. It’s simply furnished, white-painted interior stone walls and you feel like you’re entering Naples as you climb the few steps off the street. So, it is a delicatessen selling Italian baked ham, chesses, olives, artichokes, other dishes of the day and complete chilled dinners and teas and coffees. It also does lunch! And we’re thankful to Trip Advisor’s reviewers for revealing this secret. The food was magical!

It looked like we came just in time – at 3pm on Saturday there was not a lot remaining but enough to have a feast. I had cannelloni served with a nice fresh green salad (with gorgeous balsamic dressing). My wife had gluten-free gnocchi. These were simply the best I’ve ever tasted. They were served with a courgette pesto (courgette, basil, lemon, olive oil, garlic and possibly a few more secret tasty ingredients) and parmesan shavings. Wow! We ordered a chilled grilled aubergine assembly (apologies if I can’t adequately describe this - but it was delicious) to go with the gnocchi. Simple but delightful.

For afters, I had a lemon sponge cake with hints of white chocolate flavours and my wife had a baked ricotta mascarpone cheese cake served with coffee and cappuccino.

At the counter we purchased baked ham, olives, artichokes, chilli-cheese and balsamic sauce and relived the whole experience the next day at home. Magnifico!!

The owner is friendly, warm and open – he’ll suggest combinations for you and chat about his home. It is obvious that he cares and is passionate about what he does and serves.

theis place is small and does not do reservations - none really needed. We had to park teh buggy outside but none of this detracted from a lovely Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I absolutely love this place ever since my first visit and I make an excuse to go there upon each visit to Monkstown. Without doubt the finest coffee I've tasted in Cork and the best lemon cake I've ever had. Have yet to experience their take on lunch but its on the to-do list. Have sampled the tomato and basil soup, however, and it didn't disappoint. Can't fault Napoli in any way shape or form