“Living Large!”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Killybegs from the property
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DonnieOsh...
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Living Large!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife and I took our adult son, daughter and her husband to Ireland in 2012 for a special vacation. We stayed at this place in Killybegs for seven nights. I would have reviewed it sooner but didn’t see it on Trip Advisor at that time.
The place was excellent- very large- five bedrooms, each with a private bath, another bath with a deep whirlpool tub along with a shower on the first floor, a very large kitchen/dining area and two living rooms, each with a TV. The kitchen was well-equipped and we had our breakfasts there and cooked a couple of dinners there too, enjoying Killybegs restaurants the other nights.
There was a deck area that was nice when the weather was cooperative. I was impressed with the overall quality of the place, including the in-floor heating. The view of Killybegs and the harbor was great.
It was a drive- not a walk- into Killybegs but one night we drove to town in one car and the “kids” stayed in town when my wife and I came home and they took a taxi back later. The taxi driver knew right where our place was- no problems.
I would be remiss in not mentioning the VERY narrow bridge on the way from the main highway to this place. My wife and I had been across it when we stayed in the area in 2007 and were prepared for it but my son, driving the 2nd car, stopped his car, watching me drive across this bridge, to check it out before proceeding- carefully- across. It requires a steady “hand” to drive across.
Our only issue with this place is that the bedding situation could have been better. I was either too hot- with the duvet our only option or too cold if I threw it off. There were no other sheets or blankets- that we could find. We did not call the housekeeper, as she had told us during the check-in process that she lived about an hour from Killybegs. Also, the directions could have been better- it took us a while to find the place- and when we did, it seemed like an accident. However, our overall impression was that this was an excellent place. I recommend it and hope you found this review helpful. We had a great trip and used the Killybegs location as our base for wonderful day trips in this area of Ireland.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything seemed top notch in terms of qualify
Liked least: Bedding options were limited
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
RoxyKiya
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Amazing Property”
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We were so amazed by the property, the view was great. It was really clean, spacious and was very secure with electric gates at the entrance. There was so much to do in the house as the garage had a pool table, table tennis, bikes and a great selection of dvds. Each room also had a dvd/bluray tv combi, which was great for the kids. Each room was also en-suite, and a large kitchen. There was also a bbq at the property for our use. The house was really modern, and very close to Killybegs and the beach was a 15min drive away. All in all we have a great time at this property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing