“Sunday Lunch”

The Bayview Bar
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Dungloe
Price range: US$28 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
donegal,Ireland
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited the Bayview Bar on the day of the Mary from Dungloe parade. The town was busy and that was certainly true in the Bayview Bar, we were lucky to get a table as soon as we walked in. The staff were really busy and our table was next to the kitchen .Our order was taken quickly and was served up rapidly and came exactly as we had requested. The portions were bang on and all that remained was four empty plates, the coffee was supersize but really good as were the desserts. Overall we were very pleased and the service was great and really speedy, we will definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2014

Ireland
“An excellent choice in the area”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The Bayview Bar was the highlight of our stay in Donegal. We were very kindly accommodated on a very busy night. The place was just incredibly busy and yet the service stayed nice and steady. The food was top class, I would highly recommend. Much better than pub grub, yet part of the charm of the experience is the pub atmosphere. The mix of really nice food in a pub set up is I think an Irish gift. Both seafood and meat dishes were delicious. I had the seafood pancakes and the baked sole. My husband had the crab claws and the steak. I tried to resist dessert and I'm glad I didn't because the fruit and nuts cheesecake was to die for. After a very poor experience in the Lobtster Pot the day before, the Bayview is a great discovery and was the culinary highlight of our stay in the area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Emma&Kieran
Belfast
“That Good Had Two Nights In A Row”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had a meal here last year when staying near Dungloe and it was lovely and wholesome, so as back in the area recently we decided to visit again, though ensured we booked - thank goodness we did for both nights this time round. Service on both nights was super and enough said, staff are pleaseant and nothing is too much throuble.
First night I went for the special of half a lobster and sirloin steak. Both were cooked beautifully, with my steak done exactly, as asked, medium rare. The lobster was delicious! The better 'alf had the pork, which was stuffed and cooked in a breadcrumb and she enjoyed this with mash, while I had the garlic chips, which were a good combination for my meal. The good lady had a dessert, which was fruit salad and ice-cream and it was quite refreshing. I on the other hand had a bottle of sauvignon blanc with my meal and the good lady had two pure orange. I had a pint before the meal. The cost was 78 euro, a snip for what we had.
On the second night, I had the lambshank and it was like last year, melt in the mouth, though the accompanying sauce was tastier with a slighyly more aromatic kick. The onion rings, I had as a side were light and crisp. The other half had the cod and wow was it massive, but cooked and tasted scrummy. The chips she had were a bit of a let down and looked, as if they had been reheated. We both had starters, her having the spicy chicken wings and they looked good and must have tasted great too, as they were stripped to the bone. I had the chowder, which was light and delicious, though it might be a bit creamy for some and suited me.
A great place for super food, if you are in Dungloe, but if going at the weekend, it might be advisable to book, which we did for both nights, as it was pretty busy. I am already looking forward to my next visit, which unfortunately is likely to be next year.
A well done to the Bayview for its' food, standard of service, pleasant staff and maintaining high standards.

• Visited July 2014
“Best in Dungloe”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Really good pub food with a quality and vegetables! We were staying nearby and went to this place twice. Had seafood on both occasions. Couldn't believe the full lobster thermidor at 25 euros!! Great owner who does everything with a smile. Also a good pint of Guinness!

• Visited June 2014
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Really good food!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to a birthday party there and was very pleased with the choice of menu, quality of food and competence of the staff. Really great portion sizes and delicious food. I had a seafood pasta in a creamy white wine sauce and it was very tasty with lots of extras on the table such as garlic bread, garlic potatoes and chips. Everybody else was equally pleased with their orders and the quality. Really would recommend giving this place a try as according to locals in the know it is a consistantly great place to eat.

• Visited June 2014