All reviews rossnowlagh beach sand house sea view marine spa surfers bar four poster bed nooks and crannies sunday lunch open fire fantastic location hake wild atlantic way chowder donegal bay glasshouse restaurant third floor second to none
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Fourth stay at the Sandhouse and from start to finish can't find any faults that would upset us. Our stay was very relaxing, well catered for with superb meals servered in the sunroom over looking the beach. The staff as always were very professional and attend to all our needs. The hotels atmosphere was warm and inviting with lots of different areas to unwind in.The breath taking views from our deluxe seaview bedroom said it all, you have to experience it to believe it. A little bit of heaven.

Room Tip: Request a seaview room you won't be disappointed. Allow no swimming pool or fitness centre there is a Jacuzzi room and separate Spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you want a luxurious quiet hotel on the beach, this is the one for you. Stayed here with my husband and children recently. On arrival we were immediately attended to at reception and checked in quickly and efficiently. Our room was facing the beach and had all we required. Evening meal was fabulous although there are 2 or 3 members of staff serving who were rude and couldn't care less. We did have an issue trying to order a snack from the bar - guest info states this is available all afternoon but this was not the case. We tried to order some sandwiches as well but were rudely told we could not. Spoke to the manager later who was very helpful and compensated by offering lunch for all my family. The hotel is fabulous but I would not stay here again as some members of staff let it down.

1  Thank Lorraine A
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a fabulous hotel right on the beach. Great staff, very attentive and great meals.

Huge rooms with views of sea. Superb! 10 ot of 10.

Just one thing avoid rooms near the Surfer's Bar as loud music plays until past midnight. avoid rooms 141 and 142 at least.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near Bar
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have been visiting sand house hotel second year in the row. Same as last year I'm traveling with my dog. I have choosen Seaview room this time. Room is extremally spacious and clean. Seaview is breath taking:). When we are in the room, mu dog is keep looking thru the window all the time!
Unfortunatelly, breakfast manu has not been changed at all:(. I'm still missig a bit of ham and chees for the breakfast:(. Dinner menu has poor vegetarian options: only 1 main dish and 1 apetizer:(.

I hope this will be changed soon:). We definetelly will be back next summer:)

1  Thank Drongal
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with fantastic food. Staff very friendly and remembered us from our stay last year. Rooms are airy, bright and extremely comfortable. Dining room overlooks the beach and sea. Have booked again for next year.