Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
US$116
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
US$105
US$117
US$114
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$128
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$126
Priceline
US$141
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrossnowlagh beachsand housesea viewmarine spasurfers barfour poster bednooks and cranniessunday lunchreception areahakeopen firewild atlantic waydining room ischowderglasshouse restaurantthird floorbit dated
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Looks great, nice big double room, but cheap on the toiletries. No sleep, wedding / party on the night we stayed. So loud it was like it was in the next room. Stayed in plenty of hotels when functions where on. But never experienced any thing as bad as this. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUIET GETAWAY IF THEY ARE HOSTING AS FUNCTION. Very disappointed. Definitely not what I was expecting.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank SPQR1990
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I traveled with my sister-in-law and stayed one night. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I found the decor to be quite pleasing and the room very clean! The restaurant had great views of the water and food was excellent. There were plenty of fresh fish to choose for dinner and breakfast quite tasty with a variety. The sea view room was a must- well worth the cost. We only wish we could have stayed a second night!!! Overall the Sandhouse is a must if you want to stay nearthe beach.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here recently. The hotel does not deserve a 4 star rating in my opinion. Very dated hotel interior. The room I got had evidence of animal hair on the carpet! Even more surprising was that the TV only had x4 channels. I thought I was back in the 80's - it was only short of an Ariel attached to the roof!
The key to the door was always getting stuck, and it is attached to a holder that is bigger in size than the first mobile phone! The bath was cracked in places and my bathroom had a kitchen door attached to it. There was dust everywhere in the room, and it brought on a fit of sneezing for me every time I entered the room!

On the plus side though - the waiting staff were excellent. They made my holiday, polite, informative and always had a smile. The food was also very good, some lovely fish on the menu. The menu did not change though and it was the same breakfast and dinner on display during my stay.

Location is very good. Right on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 85Constructivecritic
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Spent two nights bed and breakfast last weekend,party of six plus one dog.What can I say,absolutely perfect.From rooms with superb sea views to staff in hotel all in all wonderful weekend.Food in restaurant magnificent both breakfast and dinner.Only one little downside,pillows not the softest I've ever slept on ,but only a minor thing.Beach at hotel superb and clean,clean clean.Will be going back in winter.Cant wait.Thanks to Sandhouse for very memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Request sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Sandhouse in July. We were lucky to get beautiful weather which really helped! Paid extra for a sea view room, definetely worth it! The hotel is fantastic, classic style bedrooms with beautiful antiques, a glass window in the lift so you can see the sea, restaurant overlooking the sea aswell, really the location couldn't be better. The food was outstanding, we had one dinner and two breakfasts there. White linen tablecloths, fantastic service, and the food was fresh, served promtply and tasted beautiful.not your usual fry-up for breakfast, there is a selection of fish, beautiful fresh pastries, as well as tradiional cooked breakfast and loads more. All served to you which is a welcome change from usual buffet style breakfast. Went to see a local band in the surfers bar which is attached to the hotel, great nights fun, all the locals were very friendly. Only downside was the bathrooms in the hotel rooms are quite dated, shower wasn't up to much, but this didn't really bother us too much. Neither my partner nor myself wanted to leave the hotel, we had a truly fabulous time and will definetely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013