“Out with our Irish relatives”

Courtyard Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Swords
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Knutsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out with our Irish relatives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Our family group of five adults visited the Courtyard on the 7th August after checking out the reviews on Trip Advisor which was our normal practice. We had not to this point in time previously left comments on other visits mainly due to time constraints getting the better of our good intentions.
However Resteraunt Manager Marco Barody and his superb team provided the best quality three course meal we have eaten in a very long time and we decided it was time to open our account, it is not difficult to see why it is the Number One dining experience in Swords, and how it has accumulated so many positive reviews.
Our quintet of diners had differing selections from the early bird menu and each generous portion was cooked and presented to perfection. The fact that this menu was such good value coupled with a half price wine promotion made the icing on the cake, It was disappointing that we could not stay longer and enjoy the drink and atmosphere, perhaps next time we will look at the hotel as an alternative to offsite accommodation.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mike L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic quality and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

VIsited the Courtyard on 31st July with my family based on the tripadvisor ranking. They were had two great offers on at the time, kids eat free and half price wine Mon-Fri. The staff were friendly and welcoming and we arrived early enough to order from the early bird menu (€21 I think for three courses). The early bird menu had a little less choice than the a la carte which itself was only €29 if I remember correctly for three courses.
Children's meals were brought promptly with our starters, and the staff were able to accommodate willingly any requests we had (including providing a large adult dessert each for the children at no extra cost as they had decided that they had to have chocolate fudge cake!).
The food was all top quality and delicious with plenty of it. The total bill including two bottles of wine and €10 supplement for fillet steak was €80 for a family of four which was fantastic value.
Will be back next time in Swords.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Colm F
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Value meal in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I have been eating in the Courtyard restaurant for years. We keep going back. To me the Early Bird menu is the same standard as the a la carte. For €20 you get Starters, main's, desert and topped of by fantastic Swiss Chocolate coffee. This value and standard can not be found in any other restaurant I know, and we eat out a lot.

The staff in the restaurant are fabulous, polite and professional. The same staff have been there as long as I know with the exception of one or two. This says a lot for the management, as they must be treated fairly and love their work. You will notice this the minute you walk into the reception area for the restaurant.

I highly recommend this place: Make sure you book a table. ( The wine is not over priced )

regards,
Colin Moloney

• Visited July 2014
Co Dublin
“Great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was part of a party of 10 last week. It was a party night which included a 3 course meal & a rat pack type singer for most of the evening. The choice of food was excellent. I had smoked haddock fish cake for starter, steak for main course & a rich chocolate pud for dessert. The service was exceptional & nobody had to wait for their food which meant we were all able to eat together. The staff were all pleasant & very helpful. The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere which I like. The cherry on the cake was that bottles of wine are half price from mon-fri. Happy Days. Thanks to the Courtyard for a great evening. I'll definitely be back

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went here for the first time for dinner with all the lovely ladies from the parents association for our end of year dinner! I was nervous as I have a nut allergy and I worry about new restaurants. But the staff were amazing and relieved all my fears, they double checked everything for me and my night was anipen free! The food was amazing, we ordered from the early bird menu which had a fantastic selection. My starter was a ham and cheese tartlet which was delicious, I had the 8oz sirloin which had the most fantastic sides( hand cut chips, onion rings and my choice of sauce) and I had the pavlova for dessert which is made in house and was the perfect mix of crunch and softness. The wine was half price, we had the house Sauvignon Blanc, which was nice and crisp. The supplements for steak bring up the price but well worth it. I would definitely recommend it here, great atmosphere aswell. And if your a smoker the outdoor area looked lovely.

• Visited June 2014